>Amazing animation
>Raunchy jokes that never go past pg-13
>Tons of slapstick

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/98368516
sys.Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cuphead doesn't need a fucking cartoon

Well that just like... your opinion man.

The game worked because it was a parody of another medium. A Cuphead cartoon would be, at worst, a bunch of old cliches, or at best, new content that could just as easily be added to any other cartoon.

>The game worked because it was a parody of another medium.
It's not a parody though, it's a love letter to old animation.

It's the only sensible opinion to have. Just because the game has the aesthetics of old cartoons does not mean that it would actually work as a cartoon itself. The """""story""""" exists solely to establish the whole boss rush concept the game is all about. This works because it is a video game and not a cartoon. What the fuck would the show even be about?

Bad guy of the week fights, like so many other cartoons do?

And this is why you don't have a job in the animation industry.

Shit like this is why no one likes you.
>oh there's a cuphead thread on the front page? better make a second one.

I actually made this one before I saw the other one

A pastiche, maybe?

Each week, the Devil commissions Cuphead and Mugman to do some crazy thing in order to pay off their ongoing debt. One week it's to retrieve a valuable artifact from Egypt, the next week it's selling [arbitrary number of useless items], the next it's put on a profitable play etc. These missions bring them either into conflict or into cooperation with the game's bosses or other golden age cartoon inspired characters. The focus is the dynamic between Cuphead who is always really excited to do whatever if it seems fun despite danger (or wants to take the easiest shortcut if the task bores him), versus Mugman who is overly cautious and proper.

In retrospect it was probably the right choice, the other one is already deleted for being off topic.

Sorry for bitching at you OP.

It would be like not happening at all because actually animating in that style for a cartoon show/movie would require way more time/effort/money that what was put in a handful of animation cycles used in the game; and the audience wouldn't spend enough money to justify it, nor is it an interesting passion project beyond a student or demo film.

Now fuck off already.

Sonic style with the Devil as robotnik

But didn’t the devil already get his ass beaten? Why are they working for him again? Is it just an extended and altered timeline of the game’s plot?

People just plain don't understand that most simple vydia stories are not suitable for other media. Or moreso they don't want to understand because they're basically filthy characterfags.

Sounds pretty boring.
Why not just make a different show with the same style of animation? It's not like Cuphead was such a huge success that it justifies adaptations.

I'd watch it, but then I miss the old monster of the weeks stuff

>what's the problem buddy?
>your waifu A SHIT?

discussion of old cartoons or the Fleischer would be more interesting here than trying to talk to Sup Forums about them.

It's okay to admit the game was too hard, anons. Game journalists couldn't beat it either.

I've tried to start threads like that before multiple times, they never go anywhere because all Sup Forums wants to talk about is wifus and bitch about marvel.

We cool, though I suspect mods will shut this one down eventually too despite wording it specifically so it relates to cartoons. Didn't realize there was so much Cuphead hate on this board.

I haven't tried playing it because the gameplay seemed lame as fuck, and since it's a video game that's a pass for me.

>"I haven't tried playing it because the gameplay seemed lame as fuck"
>Has some of the best gameplay from the last 5 years

the stage where you fight the genie is that based on something? It looks familiar.

There's no fucking Cuphead hate but when people make threads about something off topic for months on end, it's bound to rustle people.
It was fine around release, but it's been 3 months, move the fuck on or take it to a place where it's actually on topic instead of re-making this same thread over an over,

>No cuphead hate
>

Like from a classic cartoon? Not sure, any idea what it reminds you of?

I like megaman too but not enough to buy every downgraded clone of it.

It might work as a movie, but i dunno about a cartoon series.

I actually hate classic Megaman, shows what you know.

Sinbad

That's just telling you to fuck off with your off topic shit. Exactly my point.

Why do you think a movie would work better? Just because the plot is so thin?

>hates Megaman
>Cuphead has awesome gameplay guise

>That's just telling you to fuck off with your off topic shit.
Did you even read the other thread? It's just constant bitching about Cuphead

>but when people make threads about something off topic for months on end
user, today is the first time there's been a cuphead thread in weeks. Get over yourself.

>Sinbad
The comedian?

The only people who couldn't beat it are all the cucks who didn't grow up playing platformers.

Were you hit on your head? No, it's plain people telling you to fuck off and explaining why it's off topic. Read it again.

That's bullshit and you know it. If that was true the other thread wouldn't be complaining about mods deleting the threads.

>Old school Simpson's style comedy
>Comedic old timey fast talking scenes
>"What'sa matta witch yous"
>Tons of references to Betty Boop and similar black and white cartoons

I like how all the people bitching about cuphead being offtopic are derailing a thread talking about what a cuphead CARTOON would be like

oh no. gameplay quality can't possibly be a subjective thing!!

Thinly veiled Sup Forums threads are cancer and against >>>Sup Forumsrules/1
OP is a faggot.
Do your part to help purge subhumans like him from this board by reporting this thread.
sys.Sup Forums.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=98368652

>That's bullshit and you know it. If that was true the other thread wouldn't be complaining about mods deleting the threads.
I'm sorry I didn't know some anons complaint was the word of law about the number of threads.

You're right, we might be missing some essential discussion that we haven't had the last dozen times we've had this thread.
I'll fuck off now but you all can go fuck yourself with your "what if vydia was a cartoon" threads, you make them every fucking day and they're a piss poor excuse for "on topic".

>1.Images and discussion should pertain to media of Western origin.
The thread is about turning it into a cartoon, since it's already most of the way there. Seems pretty on topic to me

samefag

Yet you were trying to pass your own (wrong) opinion about that for word of law. There's factually been 2 threads just today.

Can we try to actually bring this back to what the thread was about? If you don't like it just go somewhere else and wait for it to get deleted, which at this point it almost certainly will

2 of those are mine and part for the same fucking reply chain, isn't me.

>Crossover with public domain cartoon characters from the 30s-40s
>Surprisingly informative about old school animation techniques
>Brings back long dead cartoon tropes
>Rubber hose animation
>Pic related to this thread

>user says there's no threads before today
but there were two threads today user so you're wrong. Checkmate.

Your inability to read and digest information is why we're having this argument. I bet you just assumed anytime you saw a cuphead image then the whole thread must have been about cuphead.

>Just because the plot is so thin?

Yes. There isn't much in the game where it earns it's own show in my opinion.

This thread is going longer then my thread

cause despite the autist raging in it that "it's not on topic reee"

this one actually was Sup Forums related.

>>Brings back long dead cartoon tropes
Like the morphing into random objects as expression?

Might not be enough material for a full tv series, but 5-min shorts might work out?

That's a good one.

I could see that, maybe 11 minutes if you added a bit more personality to the bosses.