Animation Errors thread

Post them, any cartoon. I'm curious of all the ways cartoons have fucked up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uIe3g68DZ78
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>cartoon board doesn't care about animation discussion threads

Way too easy of a target but every single one is funny nonetheless.

You know, original PPG had A LOT of those.

Bubbles is layered in front of the drumset for a frame during "Love Makes the World Go 'Round".

Totally ruined the episode for me.

QUALITY

It's called a QUALITY thread, newfag.

You could probably fill a thread with su shit, but my personal favorite is the bismuth fight we're she suddenly doesn't have any pants.

>implying
it gets old having newfags come in and post what they think is great animation because they don't get that quality is used ironically even in caps, and for some reason it's my threads that have that misunderstanding despite it following the same formula as everyone elses

wow thats pretty damn blatant

>jimmy is so scared he briefly slips out of the 3rd dimension.

>Beast Wars co-story editor Bob Forward drew storyboards for this episode. Not only is it the only Beast Wars episode to be directed by the series's writers, but it is also the only episode to be done up in storyboards rather than being directed on-the-fly. Bob Forward worked in person with the Mainframe animators for this episode.
>At Dinobot's funeral, Rattrap is in his pre-Transmetal body. On the Madman DVD commentary for this episode, Bob Forward could not believe how the production team (who had viewed this scene at least a hundred times trying to get everything right) did not notice the fact they used the wrong Rattrap, and yet every fan did.

Thanks, numbnuts. you made me pore over the scene and nitpick it.
Here is the event to which you refer

here is bubbles floating above the drumset

there's nothing really special about this frame, but I want you to take note of Blossom's guitar. That is how it looks throughout most of the song.

Here it is without the tuning keys (this happens several times)

chek myself before I wreck myself

here it is without the control nobs

And here it is in white. Genuinely not sure if this is an error or if her guitar is supposed to be red in front and white on back. This is the only time the back is shown.

It's a pretty sweet color scheme, if intentional.

Something I just got from another thread.
Behold as perspective causes Finn and the photo to look giant and everything else in the house look tiny

A few side notes:
one, I only just realized that the cutaway scene near the end of the song is yet another of Craig's Beatles references.

two, most of the whole scene was just this with the girls' hands moving around a bit. looking at it repeatedly on mute makes that painfully obvious.

Three, the crowd has a lot of easter eggs.

four, I'm nitpicking because I love the show. All of these errors are to be expected in a show animated in the traditional style, and that's okay. I find that they lend the show character.

except , kill it with fire

The whole thing was an error.

The more I squint at this picture, the more fucked up it looks.

>Good Burger 2

This reminds me of that one part of the CAD cartoon.

I dug up the old Bionicle movies now that the soundtracks are out, and they're a fountain of minor but weird CGI goofs.

Those are some nice legs all things considered

I just tried this IRL and almost ate shit in the middle of my kitchen.

Just saw the episode. This is clearly an edit

Just looked myself.
The error was there.

>webs attached to nothing
>spiders not touching webs
>the green one is floating upside-down
>the red one is a disfigured low poly model with the legs stretched far away from the body
>cocoons lined up differently than in other shots

The animators' deadline must have been crazy.

Character model clips though camera.

Untextured, underdetailed low-poly models smack dab in the middle of shot.

Over half the crowd are again pre-viz models with no modeled details and textures.

These Mainframe shows were such an eyesore I'm surprised anyone can tell what's wrong from what's supposed to look like that, everything looks like diarrhea.

shut your fucking whore mouth

That's not an error dipshit.

As long as it's not a human looking character they look fine.

>Oh my god are you ok-
>GOD DAMMIT Sup Forums

I'm impressed at how the people working on this show can manage to continue to give zero fucks about this whole thing. There isn't a modicum of effo rt to be found here.

interesting

Man, I knew the movies were low budget, Taiwanese-animated affairs. But good lord I didn't realize this shit was being pulled off. Especially with those Ta-Matoran front and center. I could understand the Onu-Matoran, but even then it looks weird since they're also up near the camera.

youtube.com/watch?v=uIe3g68DZ78

Unfinished crate on the right in Gravity Falls S1E17 (Boyz Crazy)

Amateurs, it only works with hair

I find these errors interesting since they reveal stuff about how the movies were made and what sortcuts they used. Like here, you can see how they modeled the eyes because Dume's eyebrows are raised too high up, revealing where the eye meshes end.

Same split-second goof happens here.

Here's another low-res model (Matoran in the middle) too close to the camera.

Layering error where Vakama's claw thing goes under Norik's foot.

Another layer screw-up that makes Nuju (middle) into a midget.

How can you tell it's unfinished? What would those scribbles be?

Looks more like someone just screwed it up.

Yet another, Onua overlapping Jaller when he's meant to be jumping behind him.

That was a good scene.

G1 Transformers was a goldmine for errors, I can't find the clip online but a DVD set I have has a feature on them including a brief scene that was animated completely backwards and it wasn't caught until it was to late to fix

Yeah, too bad the animation consistency was a mess. And screw it, I'm dumping other shit from these flicks cause I don't want to spam up future QUALITY threads too with this. Some examples were known before, others I just found now when revisiting the films.
Here, Jaller's abs are interlacing with his armor, the top of his mask is transparent and the capsule (or "capsue" if you decode the writing on it) is clipping into the sand.

Vakama's red belly region is missing.

There's a weird "ghost outline" around Matau's hand that's moving differently than his arm.

This shot's mirrored so Matau's asymmetrical arms are on the wrong side.

Low-poly Visorak in plain view. Note the lack of detailing on the legs and carapace.

Keetongu's shadow floating quite a distance away from him when he climbs the wall.

Nokama, a water element Matoran and supposedly super smart, puts her crystal in the ice element symbol instead of the water one, ruining a dramatic scene. I guess the animators or the storyboarder confused the two since both are colored blue.

Roodaka's weapon floating and clipping into her arm because the animators forgot to attach her hand to it.

Holy shit, I didn’t noticed that until now

They do this stuff so much you can't tell when it's a deliberate joke or not.

Spider not bothering to move its legs as it walks into shot.

Characters just stop being animated midway through shot. Maybe they're so frozen in awe not even the quake can faze them?

>OOMPF, my color has come off on you!
>likewise!

The infamous scene where the mountain backdrop was only partially modeled and the snow is all blocky.

Might've been an unknown copyright issue and/or censors told them to cut it out the very last second.

Okay but literally using ms paint?

>ITT: Intentionally low budget animation = animation errors

Last minute meaning they can't go into whatever program they use to compile backgrounds/lineart/color and re-render the whole episode (which could take anywhere between 6-12 hours). My money's on they took a fully rendered episode file and cut out that segment then sutured in a sloppily "censored" image or whatever. If it's just a 2 second shot it won't matter while it's airing on television. Guarantee you 100% it's not on the DVD.

>ITT: person who doesn't know what QUALITY really is

This isn't a QUALITY thread. It's specifically an animation errors thread.

>using ITT incorrectly
>referring to "user" as "person"
Here's some advice: Lurk moar.

>half assed work should be ok because it was cheap!
Fuck off sucrosefag

ITT means "in this thread". They were refering to a post in this thread, so the usage is correct, if not uncommon.

Anons are people. Stop being an asswipe.

>Here's some advice: Lurk moar.
Here's some advice: get the fuck over yourself

Shut up moralfag. We aren't here for a lesson in manners and sensitivity.

ITT is used as a general consensus of the entire thread not as a technicality because of one (1) post that made your boipussy twinge in rage.

What DVD?

Bitch, I lurk often.

Also should I call anons "sub-human" from now on? Because that's the vibe I get from you.

Where is it?

Sure, go for it. I doubt that anyone will even notice. Sub-human is at a level of insult we have long since surpassed, you festering cunt eruption.

And people say the original PPGs was flawless.

Been YEARS since I've seen these movies. Are the soundtracks worth downloading?

Eh, shit like this happened all the time in hand-drawn animation. It's not a rral mark against show quality if such mistakes occasionally filter in.

>The Super Show was a counter culture art piece satirizing licensed TV shows