Hmm, good question

Hmm, good question.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Poverty
bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpus10.pdf
mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0T908720151120
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>200000 homeless

That's actually a remarkably low amount for a country with that many people. Good job America.

you can't force people to go to shelters

Because churches aren't homeless shelters?

Because the homeless are very likely concentrated in urban centers while the 350,000 churches are spread out across all of America relatively evenly.

In Detroit they sleep in churches actually.

How many houses occupied by progressives are there in this country?

Most homeless people I've encountered are mentally ill and don't take advantage of the help offered to them. A lot of them are drug addicts too.

Also this.

I don't understand the question.

A church is not a homeless shelter so there's no equivalency here.

"There are millions of cars in america so why don't I have cell-phone service?" It makes no sense.

What's a good place to sleep in while homeless? I'll be losing my home soon, thinking of buying a tent and finding some woods. Taking showers in a gym or something.

how are these related again?

The few homeless in my small town do indeed stay at the church. Well, the ones that haven't tried to steal everything not nailed down.

Because religion is mostly lip service.

Churches are drafty, cold, poorly divisible, and with pews offer little room for sleeping.

Churches also donate vast sums of money to homeless shelters and keeping niggers alive.

These Fedora Lefties don't even know that we on the theistic or non-theistic Right hate the modern Church for cucking so sard.

Because the scum that sleep in the streets would rape, rob and kill the pastors. I was once in trouble, got robbed, lost my wallet and rang the home of a group of nuns to ask for their help. I was drunk and it was late at night. I had no place to go and it was freezing. I told them my story and they told me to fuck off.

Depends on where you live. Are you in a city or suburb?

I assume you live somewhere.

Why don't you take a few in and help out?

Jewish greed has infected our society [spoiler] and a large amount of those people are also minorities who can't really be helped.

Also, municipal and state building and health codes would probably get in the way even if churches wanted to house people long-term. What a dumb meme. I miss when fellow atheists were prodding the myth of Mother Theresa with a hot poker and dissecting Islam.

About 1.56 million people, or about 0.5% of the U.S. population, used an emergency shelter or a transitional housing program between October 1, 2008 and September 30, 2009. Homelessness in the United States increased after the Great Recession in the United States.

Churches

Homeless shelters

Move south

200,000 homeless is actually a very tiny portion of the population- I would have expected that figure to be a lot higher.

In the face of those numbers it's almost like the homeless are the real unique, special individuals while the rest of us are the real unfortunates - the faceless, sheepish hordes of soulless fools with our iphones and yearly annual performance review meetings.

They failed to mention most of them live in Seattle.

Hmmmm wasn't obama just President? Maybe he should've used his pen and conjure up another executive order.

Reddit convinced them to be atheists and too proud to get into those churches for help.

Former hobo while I don't believe in any jewish based religions almost all soup kitchens and shelters are run by Christian groups. They do alot.

Ohio, near Cleveland
How far south? Like Florida?

christ user. get a fucking job and a low rent apartment. don't just let yourself sink.

Someone should replace churches with synagogues.

What do those two things have to do with each other?

>there are 150,000 democrats in America
>So why did Conor McGregor win the UFC belt?

trump will do more to help them than that fucking cloest jihadi ever could

Christian churches have homeless shelters and food pantries in every city in the country.

Every city.

The answer to that question can be found on Wall Street. Spoiler: it's Jews.

200,000 homeless

>Try and blame Christians
>Still demand we import and care for refugees instead of worrying about those homeless

I think all lefty fucks should be forced to allow refugees to live in their homes, also they should be punished for any crime the refugee under their care commits

Implying churches provide a site to homeless to sleep also give them food, something you don't do.

I've helped people to get out of the drugs while you're shitposting in Sup Forums.

Christians donate far more to charity and do far more charitable work per capita than any other group in our country.

I'm proud of our Christian nation.

God bless him. Ripping up NAFTA and bringing manufacturing jobs back to the states certainly would be enough to solve this problem.

>How far south? Like Florida?

Depends. How much cold are you prepared to tolerate?

South Florida is very nice during the winter, stay on the west coast.

Hell, get a job as a maintenance guy for a coastal hotel.

>free room
>spending money
>spend your time replacing lightbulbs and fishing/drinking

Look, that fucking faggot Johnson made it illegal to take the homeless off the streets and put them in homes, medicate them and rehabilitate them like we used to do.

So if Dems want to cry about the homeless, blame yourselves.

And you know what else? Many cities have regulations about how you can feed or shelter the homeless, as in, you have to have toilets and meet certain nutritional standards if you feed them and have a certain quality of housing if you house them.

I should know. I was arrested once in my life. I was a 17 year old communist and I got arrested for feeding the homeless in Baltimore because we didn't have fucking portable toilets and were distributing vegetarian food.

Why do those retarded regulations exist? Democrats.

Fuck the left. This is your fault.

Florida would be a bad place to go innawoods. It doesn't get cold but that is actually part of the problem. Insects and disease thrive in the climate down there, and the heat and the humidity will compound the issues you have from not bathing regularly. Not to mention there are a fuckton of snakes. And niggers.

You can't hang out/live in a Church and stagger around drinking and smoking Meth...people don't like that.

>literally currently the year 2016
>not realizing most homeless people reject any housing options offered to them

You do know that a lot of homeless are homeless by choice, right?

Only 47 churches have beds

We had only a handful of homeless people until John Key sold all the state housing.
Homeless were so rare, that it was possible for a homeless person to be well known due to their rarity; I remember "blanket man". F.
Now any time I go on a walk through a city, I'll see multiple homeless, and it will always be different homeless.

If I was homeless I would definitely accept, why do they reject?

hmm

because if you sleep in a church youre still homeless?

Because zoning laws make it illegal from residing in churches
Weird how liberals are always pushing for stricter zoning laws

That's why you never elect Jews.

>200,000

on the west coast alone there are probably more than that

>There are 124.6 million houses in America
>So Why are there 200,000 people sleeping in the streets?

If telling the truth, truly best of luck man. Try finding a job doing something though, even if it's flipping burgers it's better than being a welfare nigger or a homeless bum.

Most are addicts and/or mentally ill and can't think straight. Blame Lyndon Johnson because we used to be able to pick them up in paddy wagons, take them to hospitals and get them on meds/treatment.

They are insane and/or have substance abuse issues. Some people are content with picking bottles and cans out of the trash and living outside as long as they can put together enough change for heroin or booze.

He won in a landslide in 2014 because our population is fucking retarded and forgets that not only do third parties exist, our voting system ensures that your vote is never wasted so you can try to vote for fucking Gandalf as your first choice and still have your vote go to John Key if he's your first choice.

Because nobody wants some homeless person to stab them with a dirty heroin needle, steal their pocket change and rummage through their fridge. Same reason the Churches don't want them.

>Johnson made it illegal to take the homeless off the streets and put them in homes, medicate them and rehabilitate them like we used to do.

Sauce?

A big part of it is the defunding and shutdown of mental institutions as well. Currently going through this with a family member. They've been forcibly hospitalized on many occasions, and they cannot take care of their self, but theres no institutions to watch over them. The ones that still exist require the person to be "eat your own shit" crazy and not just "wander around public naked" crazy. If they're placed in a group home they're free to just leave, which is what they generally do if they're not evicted first.

They're not going to be allowed to take crack or malt liquor into the church. It's the same reason so many avoid going to homeless shelters.

Why would you want a nigger in your Church?

It was part of the war on poverty. It basically means you cant pick up a homeless person and place them in a home unless they are deemed a danger to themselves or others.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Poverty

Move to Danbury Conn, they pride themselves of having the best homeless shelters.

Im pretty sure most Catholic churches here let the homeless sleep in the churchgrounds. Hell they even let some of them live inside. Dunno bout America though

there's a pretty well known homeless guy in brisbane who was interviewed by the media and all a few years ago

i went to melbourne last year and i saw at least 100 homeless people in and near the city

man tell me about it. i live in vancouver and we got a fucking epidemic of homeless people here. the worst part is that about half of them used to reside in a big mental hospital up until a decade or so ago. government closed it and kicked em out.

most of them couldn't function in society or afford proper meds and thus live on the streets. sad tale.

South Florida here.

The Homeless should go to California. Weed is legal there.

this
h
I
s

I think that everyone should have a bed to sleep in, and a place where they can get a warm meal.

I also think we should have mandatory birth control and basic literacy programs for the homeless.

>350,000 churches in US
>550,000 motels/hotels in the US
>113,000 are government invested

The government has the option to house them.

Ummmm because they're tired?

Because the churches don't hand out drugs and booze to the homeless, so they don't want to sleep there.

Let's be honest here, if you aren't in a homeless shelter or eating from a soup kitchen, then you're probably pretty well off and just looking for the drugs.

>There are over 950 000 subreddits
>So why are libtards shitposting with normalfag memes on Sup Forums?

if there were fewer churches, there'd be more homeless.

you don't know how much we do in support of homeless shelters and food ministries, do you?

Oh, and one more thing, the Christian churches are some of the most generous organizations in the world with their charity to the weak and poor.

Hotel manager here

We require guests to have credit cards on files for incidentals.

It keeps the riff raff out.

Gas the homeless, race war now!

Because it's kind of hard to help people who would rather be in an alley drinking or shooting dope.

This
I have seen people tried to help homeless by telling them about shelters, but they just ignore you.

Churches in my area give out free food, but do not let people sleep inside. Many, many churches aren't very big and only have a few dozen regulars. It is simply a harsh truth that almost none of the churches in big cities (where homeless are most prevalent) would be able to support enough people to make a difference.

Homeless people have shelters and they have soup kitchens. The vast majority of homelessness is attributed to mental illness, and as such the best way to combat homelessness would be better ways to assist those with mental illness. It's not a problem with greedy cities or useless churches or anything else you see people blame it on- at it's core, homelessness is simply a result of people who just cannot help themselves, and would be homeless/a burden on others no matter what aid they're given.

Question =
If America has 4575 prisons -

Then

Why are niggers still allowed to walk the streets?

>I think that everyone should have a bed to sleep in, and a place where they can get a warm meal.

While this is a very genuinely kind thing to believe, very few places in the US have the infrastructure to provide permanent housing to those who cannot support themselves. There are state-run facilities, but even those tend to only accept extreme cases of mental sickness, or the elderly.

Because US prisons are already extremely overcrowded, with majority black prisoners (especially in the south).

Picture source: bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpus10.pdf

Homeless concentrate in big cities.There are not 350k churches in big cities. Misleading fact is misleading.

they are bad

Hol up hol up

The real figure is HALF A MILLION. And a quarter of them are CHILDREN.

mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0T908720151120

Explain yourself America.

We used to have a work for shelter program, but the niggers didn't like it.

Those in motels count as homeless legally. You also need to account for those already homeless keeping their children despite being incapable to provide for them.

Children and the elderly, AKA those who can't do anything about their situations have facilities to take care of them. Young to middle aged adults with poor mental health are 90% of homeless.