I know this is weeks late and Sup Forums pretty much hates sugfags at this point...

I know this is weeks late and Sup Forums pretty much hates sugfags at this point, but WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE HEIGHT
DID STEVEN GET TALLER OR DID CONNIE SHRINK?!?!?!
I realize that the proportions on this show have long been fucked, but JESUS FUCKING CHRIST DID THEY EXPECT NO ONE TO NOTICE?

Connie shrank. She touched a Goomba.

I fucking hate the inconsistency's on this show. Connie looks nothing like she used to look. But honestly though this is the least of the shows problems, and only gets talked about so much because its low hanging fruit.

Are you just now noticing the inability to stay on model?

whoa no one has ever pointed this out before, you are an exciting and amazing poster OP

>low hanging fruit
okay sure, but since it's such a glaring problem, might it not be the show's biggest problem?
if not, what is SU's biggest problem?
no, but I haven't watched anything since "Lars's Head" til today
haha clever post dude.
>it also probably doesn't help that I've been drinking but whatever fuck you fags

Connie was always taller.

>what is SU's biggest problem?
IMO its biggest problem is that its ignoring the more popular/actully enjoyable characters, and is now mostly about towns person of the week and steven. Characters like garnet and pearl only have had bit parts and a few lines in episodes for over a year now. But besides that their is the dependency on having steven be the focus, poor writing and character devolpment, and a lack of actual scripts.

I mean, Lars head was not when this started senpai.

holy shit which episode is the second cap from?

>i hate how the main character is the focus of the show

all I was trying to say is I have other things going on in my life and since I haven't watched SU in months this bullshit slapped me in the face like an electric eel

Stop using that excuse SU purist, he shouldnt be the only character that gets focus, while the gems aka the whole point and draw to the show get ignored. Also because of sugars stupidity she wont allow a steven lite episode to explore other characters.

Ok well I'm just pointing out that this has been a problem for the show since the beginning.

Underrated post

I think she has a shrunken syndrome.

>since the beginning
please post earliest evidence of this problem senmapi

Connie does not look good with short hair.

I wish steven universe at least had a better main character to focus on.
I guess compelling protagonists are too hard to do these days.

What's the matter, never seen a cartoon before? Just because a cartoon has light continuity doesn't mean the animation will do the same.

In the west

deku is fucking garbage

I don't see a problem with literal any of those
Stretching expressions is perfectly normal in cartoons, it's when their height and general dimensions change rapidly between shots unintentionally than there is a problem

Fuck you Kachan

HOLY SHIT ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING SU OFF MODEL THREADS, NOBODY CAN POSSIBLY SAY ANYTHING THAT HASN'T BEEN SAID BEFORE
WE GET IT, IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD, NOW STOP FISHING FOR (YOU)S

And she became more annoying and two dimensional the shorter she got

well, steven is a faggot; what else is new
>someone post the steven walk gif; you know what i'm talking about

Keeping character proportions consistent can be genuinely challenging but fucking up this bad is inexcusable for actual paid industry work. People actually try to defend this with "IT'S JUST THEIR SCHTOYLE" "CREATIVE FREEDOM" and this obnoxious hugbox culture is exactly why artists aren't even trying to improve anymore.
>pic related

Your journey into the world of Pokemon is about to unfold!

>this

>NOBODY CAN POSSIBLY SAY ANYTHING THAT HASN'T BEEN SAID BEFORE
Well, what if I said... BLARGEN KEFIBBLE NO-HIP?!

>/ic/ would praise this.

it's only low hanging because the tree keeps fucking shrinking

Steven Universe...........

Speaking of Steven Universe and Christmas, anyone remember when tumblr lost their shit over people drawing Christmas fanart?

Go home, Bakugou

No, was it about race religion or genders?

Religion. Rebecca Sugar and her brother (who Steven is based on) are Half Jewish, so you can't draw Steven celebrating Christmas REEEEEE!
And then the show staff told them to let people draw what they want, and they had drawn Steven and the gens celebrating Christmas themselves. Tumblrinas were salty.

Well, that slowed me down a little. But it's not stopping me.

Steven hasnt been confirmed for jewish, and lots of jewish creators show characters celebrating christmas. Look at rugrats

Dragonball rules. The heights don't matter.

Krillin doesn't change height in every episode.

Still don't see why this is worth fussing over. It's far from the first show to not care about exact heights.

TOP KEK

underrated post

i hate this poster

Dude, /ic/ would rip this to shreds more than anybody.

You're not allowed to insult Deku, no matter how generic and dull he is as a protagonist.

is she nazi saluting

Can someone post the screen shots comparing the characters' heights changing in the same episode? Like the ones from the Dewey wins and the episode in OP? I want to show a friend.

Why not? Genuinely curious, I don't know anything about Hero Academia.

Is she ethiopian now?

>/ic/ would praise this.
You- Well- I- I got nothing to add to that. What you just said is 100% wrong. Nothing that you said is correct.

there is no such thing as on model for SU. Sugar thinks that model sheets suppress creative talent.

You didn't hear this from me, but she also pegs the CN interns during breaks and forces Ian to watch from a corner.

>cherrypicking a single shot from 3 seasons ago
You people sure love complaining about nothing.

Someone post the storyboarder’s tweet where the change in design “is supposed to be symbolistic” and “is intentional”. When I saw that tweet, I knew there was no more hope for up and coming animators.

It was never bad enough to be distracting in FOP

Steven's Birthday IIRC. On topic, loved Kevin Party, their make-up scene was actually one of the more emotional moments in the show. That shot sticks out though, no argument there.

It's an edit.

>cherrypicking
Are you retarded? It's an old picture because she's sitting in the same position. Comparing things is not cherrypicking. And even without comparison the second image looks bad, and mistakes like that were constant in the episode and the show.

You know what was fun?

When they were knee high to her dad in the themepark episode.

It's called the Roman salute and it's badass.

He kinda does. It's just, nobody cares.

Hardly. Instances like that where a character's head is bigger than normal are very few and far between. If the issue was really as prominent as it is claimed, people would post way more like it than just the same 5 pictures over and over.

FOP is a loose-continuity show, like many other Nicktoons. There are callbacks, sure, and some vague continuity, not to mention the reason all that chaos disappears by the next episode is obvious, just wish it away. But otherwise continuity is unimportant. It's not "Lol continuity what's that", but it's not super-serious about the continuity, either. Also as the seasons progressed, characters changed quite a bit. Vicky got meaner, which was good at first, but later annoying and over-the-top. Cosmo got dumber, and yet again, good at first but annoying eventually. Mr. Turner is a repeat of Cosmo, but EVEN WORSE!

Probably because there weren't enough people back then to treat it like a serious issue like there are now.

How much continuity a show has is irrelevant when it comes to how characters are designed per episode.

fuckin kek

I also mean character height inconsistencies were due to season gaps, if I'm not mistaken.

Not sure what that is, but that can hardly be considered a reasonable excuse.

Theres no religion period in the SUniverse

What's the third panel from?

NEW KEVIN EPISODES WHEN?

Most Wanted Wish

Holy fucking lel

This makes no fucking sense, weve seen religious shrines of the gems, and their are religious artifacts in connies home

Not conventional religions, I mean
Which makes a LOT of weird alt history scenerios

but krilin is a fucking midget

In my opinion, the biggest problem is that it waves an interesting character/plot point in front of you, then jerks it away and shoves 20 episodes of filler down your throat, usually with either the worst characters or boring plots. Or both.

>Pearl
>bit parts

Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff don't deserve this.

gotchu senpai

the sequel

Thanks man

I am genuinely curious, as someone with no experience in the art/animation industry, as to WHY the fanbase so intensely defends all the inconsistencies. Is going off-model really so common in the industry? Does SU just do it excessively?

Orders from the top to not care about keeping characters on model.

And IF the off model thing is just because the show is in steven's perspective? SU creators are all jojofags and that's the prove. Steven it's just Koichi but with no development

>WHY the fanbase so intensely defends all the inconsistencies

Fanbases defend anything. Practically every fandom will go through so many mental gymnastics to defend anything that an outsider will see as a flaw. 'But it was intentional, this art/plot point was actually here and is an organic representation of x' Not pointing fingers but SU's fandom and even the lesser fans are particularly known for this kind of behavior. Not that antiSUfags are much better.

>Is going off-model really so common in the industry? Does SU just do it excessively?

It probably is. I'm no expert in art either but I think a part of the problem is that SU's art style(s) does something that makes it stand out more and perhaps it's why more people notice it. Honestly I'm not as triggered by it as most people, but defending it as 'artistic vision' without the effort and stylization necessary to make it apparent in show that it is an intentional and purposeful choice is just lazy.

It's a problem of sugar not being strict enough with her staff, and having multiple boarders draw in an episode, personally at the point were I recognize it's an inconsistency and a problem it's just I don't really care, if it's ever fixed I'll be happy but if it's not it doesn't stop me from enjoying the show.

In fact Steven isn't the focus of the show anymore, he is just the vehicle to show us another character and that character usually isn't important at all.

After looking at King of the Hill's animation guides, and how much care was put into consistency, this kind of thing pisses me off. It's kind of weird, I don't mind it when shows go off-model, but this just feels lazy. There's a difference between an animator drawing something that stands out and an animator clearly not giving a shit I guess.

That looks fucking awful. She shrunk AND her head grew like three fucking sizes. I didn't even notice this first time watching. I've never really cared that much about the consistency but this really irks me.

I really do hate this. Like come on, she was adorable and quirky before. But they had to reduce her to literally only those two things with overly annoying tacked on for good measure. The more she got watered down, the more she shrank baka.