Underrated runs thread?

Underrated runs thread?

People always talk about Daredevil having only 5 relevant writers (Miller, Nocenti, Bendis, Brubaker, Waid), but the ONLY other writer on the character besides Miller that I ever even gave the SLIGHTEST fuck about was Dennis O'Neil. I think it might be because he imitated the Miller run the most shamelessly and clearly was trying to do a direct continuation of the Miller run. He even had David Mazzucchelli as an artist for a bunch of issues! And yet no one talks about it because it was sandwiched in between Miller's 2 runs. Which is why nobody talks about O'Neil's Iron Man run either, because it came between the 2 Layton/Michelinie runs.

bendis gets alot of hate on here but his dd run is really fucking good

No, nein, non, nyet, nie, não, nee, and so on..
I've been fooled into reading more than two arcs (but couldn't bear it no more), and it's just Bendix, nothin to see, keep moving.

Wrong. Nobody talks about O'Neil's DD because it was a cheap copy of Miller's, with no identity of its own, but of course hipster Sup Forums gonna hipster Sup Forums.

if we're talking DD i loved Gerry Conway's run where he moved Matt to fucking SF and the book is really just a lot of fun.

it also isn't underrated, literally one of the most well known post miller runs of the character and generally is well liked

>Wrong
>He literally said nearly word for word what you said in his post
Are you fucking stupid son?

Those O'Neil/David Mazzucchelli issues are great. Mazz is just unbelievable on them.

and i'm also a little into that iron man run, so far it's whatever.

No, you illiterate moron, he said O'Neil's run was a good continuation of Miller's, which couldn't be further from the truth. The book was utterly soulless and bland while Denny was writing it, without any of the narrative bite Frank's run had. His Question is a better DD run than his actual DD run.

Bendis gets a lot of hate for his dumb shit. It's generally agreed that his work on both Ultimate Spider-Man and Daredevil is fantastic. Sort of like how Loeb is considered total shit but also did Long Halloween/Dark Victory (though there are people who argue that those are shit too).

Loeb's only good story is his Challengers of the Unknown. Everything else is either a cheap knockoff of a better story, unbearably melodramatic or utter garbage.

So you literally have the same opinion of the run except for the fact that one of you likes it while the other hates it.
Fucker

>I seriously cannot read for shit
Wow. We absolutely do not have the same opinion, you would realize this had you ever finished school.

I'm one of those people who don't agree with the genpop on either, while loeb's efforts were honestly better.
I don't appreciate anything from them.

You want to talk underrated with regard to Daredevil? Roy Thomas had a fantastic run on Daredevil that was completely dismissed by fans after Miller’s run. Everyone just casually ignores it because of the nonsense theory that “everything before Miller was crap.”

It’s true that Stan Lee provided a pretty lackluster start and the state of the book just prior to Miller (I.e. Marv Wolfman) was pretty weak but Thomas (Gerber & Conway as well to a lesser extent) was fantastic. Not to mention the gorgeous artwork by Gene Colan and Barry Windsor-Smith.

Reed's Ms. Marvel
Pak's X-Treme X-Men
Sacasa's Fantastic Four

Both of Peter David's Captain Marvel runs

>I don't know what the word
"except" means
Either that or you just read the first few words of posts and then angrily reply, which seems to be what you did for OP's post. Faggot.

Yeah... except (there's your magic word) it's not a matter of "liking or disliking", it's a matter of interpreting the writing in completely different and opposite ways. You couldn't be more wrong when you say we have the same opinion. OP thinks O'Neil's Daredevil is underrated, I disagree and think it's rightfully placed where it belongs: forgotten in oblivion.
Keep up the ad hominem though, it really makes you look awful mature.

i've heard good things about i think it's Kesel's run in the 90s.

how much did BWS do?

>Dennis O'Neil
>hipster

nigga are you retarded?

Not much, 3 or 4 Issues at most. It was just interesting to see his early work. Gene Colan was the real star of the show.

>another faggot who can't read
Forget it, you're not even worth the effort.

>Calls me an illiterate moron in his very first reply
>shits on others for using ad homenim
Might wanna start looking for a leg to stand on over there, chief.

>goes for the low hanging fruit
Every time.

Kesel and then Kelly did good