This show was profitable its entire run. The creators were willing to work on it as long as they could...

This show was profitable its entire run. The creators were willing to work on it as long as they could. It's obvious the cast and crew really enjoyed working on it, even after all these years.

Why did Mike Lazzo do it? Did we really need to "move on"?

Best for a show to die before it becomes a zombie.

It was a threat to national security

No more mo mo for the show show

Mike Lazzlo is a greedy fuck and has world famous shit taste. He hates Space Ghost, Metalocalypse, and everything else that made AS good, and decides to constantly favor live action stupid sketch shows

>and decides to constantly favor live action stupid sketch shows
like...?

Because Lazzo is satan upon earth, and nothing good can last in his presence.

The show ran for over a decade with over 100 episodes, not a bad run.

This. I'm glad it ended on a high note, even if I didn't want it to end. I'd rather have a show that was good its entire run than a shit show that stopped being funny a long time ago and just won't die.

oh dang, 2 more days til 11 year anniversary

I'm going to need a quick rundown on Lazzo

It's hard to believe that one little stunt did so much damage to Adult Swim. They're still recovering.

Boston.

>the one and only reason why CN's golden age ended

It's bleak as all hell when you think about it.

Truth. But the seasons around, say, 6-8 (The Unit Patrol season) were kind of a low point compared to earlier seasons already, yet in my opinion the show recovered somewhat from season 9-11 so they had already shown the ability to bounce back from potential zombification. I wouldn't mind if it came back again.

He is a cunt.

But it had exposed wires! It was clearly a bomb!

If most suits and executives run on profit then Lazzo is a strange black sheep because as far as anyone could tell while he does try to make profit ever now and then his decision making is largely based on emotions.

No thatmight not sound so bad and it's this sort of thing that allowed [adult swim] to remain largely experimental with its programming. Problem is Lazzo is known to be the pettiest human being on shows, single handedly self destructing shows out of spite.

There's some mild evidence showcasing this from how their promote, pick or end shows but the most common and best example that exists is Metalocaplyspe. Lazzo always had mild disdain on Metalocalypse because he fucked up a contract deal that allowed them to keep all money from music and albums sold that was used in the show, something that would end up being more profitable then the actual merch itself. However when one of the writer criticized Lazzo over a podcast interview he got so buttmad he immediately cancelled the show then and their. The writer not wanting to disappoint fans of the show apologized and asked adult swim if they could have one final season to rap up the show. They even managed to get a total of 2 million dollars from backers and offered to pay for the whole thing themselves, all they had to do was let them use the property one last time and air it.

Lazzo literally refused 2 millions dollars in hand because he simply hated him that much.

IT'S A FRIGGIN LIGHT

Yeah but 9/11 happened so we can't have nice things.

Didn't he fuck over Jackson and Publick on some profits from the Venture Bros too?

BOSTON IS A BOMB!

How did the other higher ups allow that to happen?

Jackson and Hammer, I mean.

Sadly it was only a matter of time...we had move on eventually.

>Refused 2 million dollars from one of their better and FAR more profitable series
>Refuses to acknowledge Space Ghost C2C ever existing
>Lets Robot Chicken get away with murder
Can we euthanize Mike Lazzo
Please

Lazzlo hates Venture Bros because its exclusively owned by its creators, even Adult Swim hardly sees anything from it.

SHUT THE FUCK UP CAST OF THE MUSICAL HAIRSPRAY BUNCHA FAGGOT MOTHERFUCKERS

>>Refuses to acknowledge Space Ghost C2C ever existing
Didn't they just celebrate him 2 years ago?

Because adult swim is the experiment block. It's entire gimmick is around odd decisions and throwing shit on the wall to see what works. The writer of Moral Orel described it as "the people that love bad decisions". To CN and Warner Brothers they just thought of it as nothing but the usual.

Sometimes it works like having so many what people consider "unmarketable" shows like Xavier, Moral Orel or even ATHF or activly seeking out Dan Harmon, who before making Rick and Morty was well known by studios and companies to be a very problematic and hard to work with guy that is known to self destruct.

And sometimes you just have plain awful decisions like this that are purely run out of spite.

erase lazzo

Honestly, I wouldn't know
I cut off cable several years ago and haven't looked back since.

They had to shut the show down since it was getting too popular too late in its run which is unfair to other shows, I think that Tim guy talked about this on a podcast.

>who before making Rick and Morty was well known by studios and companies to be a very problematic and hard to work with guy that is known to self destruct
>before
Yeah good thing he's a ok now.

>season 9-11
it's a sign.

Thanks for admitting to speaking out of your ass, then. Most people here don't do that.

>exclusively owned by its creators
How would one go about achieving this? I hear of so few cases of this.

I mean before that was his main image. Now companies see him as "The Rick and Morty Guy" and is blowing up hard.
Beats me. Metalocalypse managed to do the same thing with music sales. My guess is that they never actually expect any of the shows they air to be megahits and think everything will end up like Xavier.

They might genuinely not notice or care. Adult Swiim is a division of the Cartoon Network is a division of Turner Broadcasting is a division of Time Warner.

Bear in mind that Time Warner had posted profits of ~7 billion in 2015. Turner posted profits of $4.1 billion in the same year. 2 million is a rounding error for the big bosses.

If Lazzo's otherwise producing his numbers, what executive higher up in that structure is going to pay attention to a dust-up over a podcast?

Fuck you all, it shouldnt have ended and should come back

but frylock and shake are in financial difficulty

My information might be outdated, but recall that CN is still owned by Ted Turner's company, I think. If you know anything about wrestling, you know how poorly WCW was mismanaged because they had enough money from Uncle Ted to make whatever deals they wanted to.

Just look at Hulk Hogan's contract alone, it was leaked a few years ago. Or recall that Randy Savage's RL brother made like 400k working for WCW without ever appearing at a show. If Turner is being run like it was back in the day, I'm not surprised that some of the contracts they're making with showrunners are slipping when it comes to retaining IP rights.

Which is good for the showrunners, so I'm not too bummed about it.

At least it looked good when it got cancelled. Nice and ripped.

>Literally had two million dollars for the final season
>Everything was set up for the final arcs
>Small was gonna have Triton show up if Galaktikon 2 means anything

Lazzo never "refused to acknowledge Space Ghost C2C". What actually happened was that Eric Andre, who was a huge fan of SGC2C, began asking Mike Lazzo some questions about what it was like working on the show. Lazzo then told Andre that he seriously didn't remember a thing about the production side of things, a mixture of time (Andre was asking these questions like 15 years after the fact) and the fact that Lazzo was high through most of it.

So Lazzo certainly acknowledges the show, but he doesn't remember actually making it.

Adult Swim figured the show was very toyetic and told Jackson/Doc they could own the show in exchange for [as] getting all the merchandising rights/profits. The merchandise didn't sell so they stopped making it, which is why Jackson/Doc started t-shirt club where they're able to sell merch by never putting the actual characters or show name on it. Adult Swim largely keeps the show going because they don't want to lose it to another network since Jackson/Doc own it and can shop it elsewhere if cancelled, and also they actually like the show even if it's never been a hit.

>we had to evacuate my school one time because someone left a backpack by their locker
>it was a novelty backpack with a built in speaker you could plug an mp3 player into
>a hall monitor saw "an exposed wire" and pulled the alarm

the boston episode got leaked if anyone cares

I couldn't really follow the story halfway through Galaktikon II, but Triton in the same universe as Dethklok? I can dig it.

Yeah, like midway Triton gets word that shit's going down on Earth, so he shows up to help Dethklok save the world.
Someone posted a big story summary when the album dropped, but I didn't save it. Apparently it leaked from Brendan Small himself; he made it as a substitute for a proper ending.

Fuck, man. Wish I could've gotten out of school that easily.

It was pretty shitty to be honest. We spent a few hours in the cafeteria and then got shuffled out around the time we'd normally leave for school.

Tbh if it was an actual bomb kids probably would've gotten hurt or killed with how slow the faculty was to react.

>>Lets Robot Chicken get away with murder
What

But I think his biggest sin is the fact that he keeps giving Tim and Eric shows.

It's a good reminder that America is pretty much a well covered up police state and that stepping out of line in the slightest of ways can really fuck your shit up.

Biggest sin to me will be the similar move he made on Frisky Dingo
>You're not getting a second season
>But you are getting a spin off show
>well you're getting a spin off show if the pilot gets good ratings
>And we're not advertising it
>and we're putting it in a death slot

What podcast?

Yes, but he's stuck with it/can't cancel it because it's a critical darling AND P&H have an open offer that if AS ever cancels it, then Comedy Central will buy the TV rights to it and start airing it/giving it a huge push that will most likely cost Lazzo his job in so far as TPTB wanting to know why he didn't push Venture Brothers to the moon like CC did.

Only because C Martin Crocker died. Crocker was the voice of Zorak and one of the main writers of the show/one of Lazzo's original running crew when CN first started off.

You forgot the zinger in the shit sandwich

>>we're going to open the pilot by telling everyone you can either shit on Xstacles and we'll do Frisky Dingo S3 or you can like Xstacles and won't get S3 of FD.
>>AS had no intention on doing FD S3 regardless and threw that lie filled bump at the start of the pilot because Adam Reed went public with how AS fucked him and the show over

>They're still recovering.
Are they? Was it really that bad? I know about the incident, but didn't know the aftermath was so bad.

That explains a lot

>How would one go about achieving this?
Carefully word the contract, and shop around until someone is willing to give you that control.
That is why it is so rare, most companies will tell you no if you demand ownership of something they are producing.

Is he really that petty? It seems difficult for me to imagine with how often he is made fun of in Robot Chicken, and the fact he was made fun of in ATHF.

An indirect consequence of the incident was the creation of CN Real.

That's how bad it was.

I feel ill just reading that. Metalocalypse deserved so much better.

Shake should've been killed off and repleaced with Ezekiel. There, I said it.

Truly they were an Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Something like that happened at my high school too. We were all told to go out to the football stadium and wait. I decided I would just walk home.

My teacher saw me trying to leave and pulled me over and said to wait here. I told him I felt unsafe because if this guy went to our school he would know that we all go out to the stadium to wait, wouldn't it be logical that he would do something here and not actually in there.

He let me go home.

He was my super cool calc teacher who once I finished with my work for the day he and I would chill out at his desk and talk about James Bond and horror novels.

honestly this works out in vb's favor because it has definitely benefited from the extra long production times and shorter seasons