youtube.com/watch?v=iJg4dp_Mv6E
youtube.com/watch?v=ltJHnxd1JIo
youtube.com/watch?v=whsKhNmMLto
youtube.com/watch?v=KPnGzMKALDs
youtube.com/watch?v=Iic7tj4AkrU
youtube.com/watch?v=rwIMfy_yaRw
youtube.com/watch?v=O9IXeydivYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They managed to make Optimus boring. Plus making him literal robot space Jesus didn't help.

No

I wish I still had the copypasta, but the producers talked about what happened a convention one year.

There was a ton of behind-the-scenes drama between the studio and Hasbro.

better than 90% of the transformers series, only comparable to animated

>better than 90% of the transformers series
Because 90% of the transformers series are pure trash. And Animated and BW were way better

>Beast Wars

When will this meme end?

Beast Wars=Animated>Prime by default>>>>Beast Machines>everything else>shit>Energon

haven't seen the japanese-only ones

Only a Primelet would think BW being good is a meme.

This is a reminder that Megatron's plan in the Pilot was literally 'Stab myself with satan rocks to control a zombie army'

Fuck, why did I think this was a good show?

It was entirely the bad writing. The animation looked good, the initial designs were great, the voice cast was amazing, and the characters had potential.

I'd LOVE to hear this. The only drama I know about was when an executive came in for S3 and said "hey guys. dragons."

>why did I think this was a good show?
Because that's a badass plan when you lay it out like that.

Beast Wars, Animated, and Prime are all good in their own ways and flawed in their own ways depending on your preferences, none are as objectively bad as say, Beast Machines, so just calm all of your tits

Also G1 will always be great you little bitches

tfwiki.net/wiki/Aligned_continuity_family#Clashing_visions

See:
True.

Season one and two were great

Pretty much. this.
Beast Wars had a nice balance of humor and drama while being a fun expansion on the beast mode concept that was touched upon back in G1. Animated probably the best overall plot of any TF series by far, but there's no denying that the art style was hit or miss for people (which is a shame as the designer's style has worked with a lot of other shows really well), while Prime struck a decent balance between G1 and Bayformer elements. In the case of the lattermost, it was largely harmed by how some arcs got resolved too quickly, or dropped outright before anything went anywhere.
On the subject of Beast Machines, I feel like if they had just tweaked some elements it might have worked better. For one, make it some other planet that desired to become all techno-organic, not fucking Cybertron which was built to be a machine planet.

Reminder this movie is the height of anything Transformers G1, or the whole Transformers brand for that matter.

[spoilers] The childhood memories are too good, post yfw Optimus deaded [/spoiler]

Becauae it fluctuated too often between fucking awesome episodes and episodes that were repetitive and rushed, and because the had NO SELF RESTRAINT WHATSOEVER in burning through their cache of cool story ideas as quickly as possible.

Airachnid's army of Insecticons effectively lasted only ONE EPISODE, and it was resolved in an episode that had three plots crammed into 22 minutes. After that they were just cannon fodder like the cannon fodder the Cons already had.

Beast Machines is fine if you think of it as standalone, just a shitty sequel to BW. But it's still better than both RiDs and the Unicorn trilogy.

>Beast Machines is fine if you think of it as standalone
No, it's not. It's repetitive as FUCK

>it's still better than both RiDs
No it isn't.

what about the Machinima series.

I'd definitely put that in shit tier.

Every TF show is repetitive.

wow fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions :^)

>Machinima Series even being considered of mattering.

If it mattered they wouldn't have put it on a dead YT channel.

Machinima thinks they matter if they thought getting Mark Hamill and Ron Perlman to do voices was worth the trouble.

It hurts, I always wanted Ron in Transformers but of course it's a monkey's paw (ironic since he's voicing Primal).

so, after RID what we will have a new reboot? a continuation? maybe a BW reboot?

>Studio didn't want anything to do with WFC/FOC

Not really surprising. WFC was, according to the people who made it, intended to be a prequel to G1. I interviewed a couple of designers a few months before it came out and they were explicit in stating it had nothing to do with the current movies/shows (although Prime hadn't been revealed at that point), and were emphasizing that "these are the characters you grew up with". If they knew anything about the whole aligned continuity concept they certainly didn't show it.

Cyberverse.

Fun fact: The events of WFC/FOC canonically occur in at least two separate parallel universes, one a G1-type universe and one an Aligned-type universe.

What is WFC/FOC?

Beast machines is the most objectively good if you wanna use that you versed term. BMs faults lie mainly as a sequel, on its own it’s fine.

It’s overrated.

It has far less filler than most TF shows. Season 1 has some repetition but season 2 is all plot advancement

What is google?

Except it IS a objectively sequel.

Feelings have nothing to do with it being a sequel or not. It is one.

>:^)
Reddit pls go.

War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron.
Those two games, along with like two books or whatever, were meant to tie into Prime as one big continuity.

Says (You)

Towards the beginning of marketing, hasbro told them they wanted the games to launch a new universe, and they promoted it as such. the point of Aligned was to be sort of an ultimate G1 reboot that'd take elements of the movies in design.

Absolutely true. Also Beast Machines will never be good and BMfags need to leave.

BM had some cool ideas, and a few designs were pretty great (though many were better visualized in the promo art before the show debuted). The biggest flaw was the literal hippy plot that came out of nowhere after BW had been so wacky and dramatic. It was like whoever in charge was a "no fun robots allowed" kind of person with the whole bio-mechanical shit the show pushed so hard at.
The show that was planned to follow did sound a bit better, if only because it appeared to be aiming to take things back to actual bot wars instead of just guerilla tactics shit with the Maximals.

I'd normally call something like this shit, but given how Animated turned out to be pretty damn good, I'm willing to give it a chance. Hopefully it'll actually be good.

Emphasis on MEANT to. IT never panned out and now, canonically, the books, shows, and games are each their own universes

Aligned was kneecapped before it started by the 2nd live action movie. (Which shat on the idea of the 13 primes, which was supposed to be central tot he Aligned mythos.)

I think the worm turned on Aligned, in the fandom, when the Covenant of Primus book was released and fans realized that the contents of the Binder of Revelation were incredibly boring, puerile and poorly thought out.

Add to that IDW's G1 comics finally getting GOOD in the intervening time and Aligned, more than anything simply... ceased to matter.

(It didn't help that Rescue Bots and Go! were both better than TF Prime itself was.)

Aligned wasn't even a dream at the time, you retard. And the Covenant of Primus book was released after Predacons Rising and Prime's end.

>RELIC HUNTS

If "wet fart" means great these days then it's because of the VA and cool story. Plus Soundwave.

Beast Machines made a lot of mistakes.

A big one for me was that the Maximals didn't actually transform. They magically shapeshifted, accompanied by a sparkling lightshow. In BW, there was a lot of slow transformation shots whenever they wanted to be dramatic, and you could see more or less everything shifting around to make room. Optimus' shoulder guards opening up, his waist rotating, his leg joints reversing. If you watched the show, you can remember exactly what that looked like. In BM, it's just... VWORRP. They stretch out and glow, and the bodyparts are straight up swapped out. It's lame.
This also led to significantly worse toys. Since the transformation was magic, there didn't have to be any real overlap between the robot and animal modes. The bots designs were sleek and kibble free, but that doesn't translate well into a toy.

And then there's the absolute gutting they did to everyone's personalities. Optimus went from a strong, father-to-his-men war hero to blindly disregarding everyone's well being in search of mysticism. Rattrap, who was trusted enough to be put in command several times when Optimus was incapacitated and even had an entire episode centered around how unlikely it was for him to turn traitor, sold out all his friends for a mech suit. Blackarachnia went from a hyper-competent femme fatale to a weeping widow, and Silverbolt had literally every defining trait he had thrown out. Rhinox is even worse, being Rhinox in name only and only getting a few real lines. The only one I actually felt grew as a character was Cheetor, because he was kind of a cocky little shit at the end of BW and became a confident leader with more than a few shades of classic Primal by the end of BM.

Also, I'll never forgive them for not bringing Waspinator over to the Maximal side after they found him. He earned his happy ending in Beast Wars, dammit! If you're going to pull him back in, give him a new one!

A technorganic wasp would have been cool, too...

Some those artifacts were pretty cool, too bad it was only the armor and the forge that even got any significant screen time. Well, those and the keys for the season finale.

Rescue Bots > RiD15 > TFP
Prime was easily the weakest aligned show.

>Prime was easily the weakest aligned show.

Oh I know. Hell, it's weird that they couldn't just use the transformations used for the toys and just make the show characters look more organic. Yea, it might have been creepy given how much more meshed the organic and mechanic stuff are, but you know what I mean.

And yea, the characterizations were all over the map. Fucking Rhinox.

In all fairness man, it was pretty clumsy overall. They slapped Unicron's ass into naptime before he got to do anything, only bringing him back for a movie where he gets pranked into a box. Then of course the relic hunt is just all bunched together instead of being something that could have played out over the course of the series at a sporadic rate, which would have allowed the plot to feel unpredictable instead of them going all Xaolin Showdown for trophy toys.

t. Primelet

I really liked this show. Besides miko, the only problem I really had was soundwave because he didn't talk, only had 1 minicon, and vehicle mode was this extremely boring looking drone.

parrot soundwave is the best soundwave

>Prime was easily the weakest aligned show.

I only watched it because of all the Arcee pictures people were posting at the time. I don't really remember anything about it other than wanting to fuck Arcee.

I love Go!'s stock footage, it has the same kind of great UMPH as Galaxy Force's
youtube.com/watch?v=iJg4dp_Mv6E

youtube.com/watch?v=ltJHnxd1JIo
youtube.com/watch?v=whsKhNmMLto
aw yes gimmie those clunky slammy transformations

>only problem I really had was soundwave because he didn't talk
Well, it was different but I kind of liked it, considering he was the only G1 bot who actually talked like a robot and had nothing to say other than what he needed to, it was a cool way to take that to an extreme to me
>only had 1 minicon
They were never Minicons, do not insult them like that
>and vehicle mode was this extremely boring looking drone.
I mean his original alt form was a tape deck...

Soundwave's little buddies are classified as Mini-Cons in Aligned.

youtube.com/watch?v=KPnGzMKALDs

I fucking love Gao Gai Gar Prime
youtube.com/watch?v=Iic7tj4AkrU

Jesus christ I forgot how many mcguffins this show had.

Ok but a lot of those were simply left on Earth after it was used as one of their battlegrounds way back in ancient times.

We still don't know where all the unexploded bombs from WW1 are, and that was barely a century ago.

Go was barely a show and should not be counted. That said if it were I would still put it above Prime.

Eh, I'll take them over the Minicons from Armada/Energon/Cybertron any time. At least there was some variety to the things instead of just being fucking robot pokemon that gave power ups.

It’s decent. I mean if it is the top then this is just a pile of shit.

Mini-Cons were only a plot goal in Armada, and only during the first 2/3rds of it. Besides, robot Pokemon that give power ups is a sweet concept.

How the fuck did you forget the plot of Cybertron
youtube.com/watch?v=rwIMfy_yaRw

>Imply that humans are actually descendants of Unicron
>do nothing with this

Jesus Christ the ramifications of this alone

YEah, I never got old people who cried bout the Pokemon thing back in the day. I fucking loved pokemon andtransformers, combining them sounds awesome gramps. Only way that'd be cooler to me back then is if BW Megatron turned into Charizard.

not fucking literally, you idiot

youtube.com/watch?v=O9IXeydivYA

They were still pretty lame in Armada, and while not crucial in the latter, two, still got plugged in as companions that did nothing but beep and boop at the kids. The relics might have somewhat bled together outside of some, but at least there was more than just power up and weapons. The forge was a pretty big deal given its near limitless power.

>British rapping
Fuck that shit.

I hate car transformers (monkey, not truck!) but this is the only iteration I've been able to actually like so far.

>and while not crucial in the latter, two, still got plugged in as companions
Only two: Menasor's and Metroplex's in Cybertron, and minorly at that.
>that did nothing but beep and boop at the kids.
Again, only two in Cybertron (Six-Speed and Reverb, since Jolt could talk) and they also served as protectors and modes of transport)

Whatever it's still the most interesting thing about prime

Look not everything can be as crazy as IDW's TF vs G.I. Joe and Funpub and actually transform the robot in the core of Earth

>I'd normally call something like this shit
You've not seen a single second of it.

They're still shit regardless. And the fucking mesh of 3D and 2D in those shows was atrocious. Armada might have been stiff as fuck at times, but leas the bots looked like they were part of the animation.

This. As much as Prime tried to please everyone from Bayfans to modernized G-1 it still suffered from your usual saturday morning cartoon, which looking at the amount of Go! cartoons CN has, it's a blessing and a curse.

It also suffered from Prime being too stiff and the whole "Aligned" thing back when High Moon existed.

Overall I'd rate it just below Animated, and I hold both in decent regard.

>tfw we'll never get something close to IDW-level of lore-seriousness

The attempted continuity wasn't exactly bad, it's just that it fell apart before it even really became a thing, thus leaving us with a show that had no lore to fall back and instead had to create on its own, and with increasing meddling from changes in management.

Which RiD became the damage control/salvage cartoon. I didn't really get hooked on with RiD even though I did like the decision to give Bee a voice back.

well yes, that's what I mean, that came out just as Pokemon was getting into high gear popularity. You could tell me the series after Beast wars would have them getting Pokemon forms and I'd have flipped.

>kill off cliffjumper to show how serious the threat is
>rest of the show is literally overpowered autobots mowing down hordes of vehicons and no other autobots ever die
>might as well have been a cartoon adaptation of escalation mode from War for Cybertron

Really, the only problem I saw with that show was that it became Armada 2.0, except now it was chasing down escaped Cons instead of minicons. Sure, you could say it was also rehashing the relic arc, but that was only one season compared to 2 others that had something more than just item hunting.

As I understand, they had wanted more bots to appear so some could be killed off. Not sure who, though I could see Arcee biting the exhaust given how reckless she got whenever she went "My partners, reeeeeeeeee!"

Another issue is how untouchable the Autobots were, yes. No ramifications whatsoever. Bulkhead getting poisoned should've killed him off, or at least been a permanent injury as was stated.Miko should've developed as a character from it. Instead its quietly dropped and only referenced when Miko brags about killing Hardshell, thus missing the point of the episode entirely.

He did take time to recover, it's just that it was handled a tad quickly instead of lasting until either the climax or season finale. Hell, him being weakened could have worked for the finale where the kids are being held hostage.

>might as well have been a cartoon adaptation of escalation mode from War for Cybertron
shit like this is why a few genericons or grunts become fan favorites like movie Barricade or that TR8R Stormtrooper, or even Steve.

Speaking of brain injuries, I wish some stuff were kept a bit longer like the Orion Pax episodes.

There's lot of missed opportunities. LIke Raf being nearly fried to death by Megs and getting some energon healing, yet nothing changes about him. While I wasn't expecting him to turn into a cybertronian, they could have made him like Sari where he's got elements of that in him now and has to deal with his stolen humanity. Or something at least.
Nope, you can get a transfusion and that's all.

I think the only thing I liked about this show was how "violent" the fight scenes would get, with the characters all being robots they could do whatever they wanted. I remember an awful lot of decapitations and ripping off limbs.

>HEY EVERYONE, DID I EVER TELL YOU THAT I KILLED CLIFFJUMPER?
>I DID? WELL THEN LET ME REMIND YOU AGAIN!

It wasn't really "gorey", though, which undersold it. samurai Jack infamously used oil for blood in scenes like that. even back in bW, they'd emphasize the violence with sparks or effects unless it was being played for humor.

Well, part of the joke was that PrimeScream was in a nosedive following the pilot until his return to the fold near the end of season 2.