Princeless Storytime: Book 1

Look I feel like doing this. I wanted to like this when it came out. AND NOW THE FULL STORY OF THE ONE BITCH WHO DOES NOT KNOW THE DEFINITION OF FAIR.

This book that every writer at the Mary Sue wanted.

The book by the guy who write the MLP comics.

This is short so not a huge storytime.

>words words words

your not wrong.

Now the next sequence is where the series falters in my opinion.

Let's see how she saves herself.

She came across as a incredibly privileged little brat to me. This is medieval backdrop here, she didn't have to work in the field, nor risk her life like a men who came to tried "rescue" her.

Princess in a tower or a castle has always been a sort of metaphor for men's labor in order to prove their worthiness of female attention. That it becomes a sort of feminist motif as a symbol of female oppression just strikes me narcissistic and wholly out of touch of reality to me.

Well I always found this series fascinating. Mostly because it feels like more of a check list of things than an actual story. Like why would you leave a sword under a bed?

So would you say she actually saved herself?

Issue 2 people.

I don't know, the beginning shows that she's at least some what aware of how messed up the situation is and for all intents and purposes does want to do things differently. Feminism aside, I do know this story's setting plays this cliché straight and it shows how living in a world like this sucks for both genders.

Hold on this girl just mastered a sword ,fighting in 1 day? What...

I guess. I just think that making a setting that just cliche's to make a point is lazy. Make a setting, not just you know a world we follow cliches for no reason.

I was gonna comment on that actually. Up until that point, the story was running pretty smoothly.
Was... was that a Jonathan Coulton reference?

I'm really not a fan of this. Because at the end of the day the writer was not clever enough to figure a way she could escape with no help, and not have the dragon be a big dog.

it's very mixed message.

That last panel seems a bit off

the art is really nothing to write home about. WHY DO YOU THINK THE WORDS COVER EVERYTHING.

Ok. that explains the sword... I guess.

issue 3.

I need to mention this was notimated for an eisner. Issues 3 won best single issue.

Well was nominated.

yes there are lesbian vibes later on.

why isn't this issue ending quicker.

Well this whole thing seems a little trite. Like webcomic level bad. Who thought this deserved any sort of award?

> what kind of dragon dies from one blow

it's so good that we're raising our children to be pedants

the only time I ever saw catcalling was when I was catcalled by women....

I messed up the pages oops this is 23 the last was 24/

...But will still find something to complain about.

Ok I know this is petty but how did the rope get under both of his feet?

the artist IS THE BEST ARTIST.

last bloody issue.