A Canadian network wants to pick up your cartoon about literally anything you want...

A Canadian network wants to pick up your cartoon about literally anything you want. The only catch is it has a shoestring budget, will only last one season and probably get sidelined for a more popular US show.
What do you pitch?

Nothing. Canada ruins cartoons.

That one I came up with about the girl who lives in a sea monster. Probably only has about one season's worth of potential anyway

A teacher falls in love with her student but shes actually a demon lord of 5000 years that looks like a preschooler.

animation showcase series, something like the what a cartoon show.

My series set in Prohibtion Era Chicago staring a Mob Boss’s daughter and a Former Cop working together fighting Supernatural Threats like Zombies, Vampires, Aliens (Flatwoods Monster), and Faeires.

With a soundtrack by Brian Setzer Orchestra.

A show where 5 kids get lame superpowers and have to find out ways to protect their neighborhood from stuff and hide their powers from their school

>Passing up free money to make shit
Are you daft?

>free money
u w0t m8

Make something that's pretty much "my fetish, the show" and masturbate.

that's fucking genius. I'd do this too

word

>Captain Kirk-esque character traveling from planet to planet, meeting the alien girl of the week, and smooching them

Yeah, okay, I change my answer to this.

>A teacher falls in love with a preschooler
user...

ITS DRAG- I MEAN DEMONLORD OF 5000 YEARS, SO THE THING IS LIKE FUCK YOU.

The claremont method, nice

The life and adventures of cute dragons that sell magic flowers for a living.

Is it a girl dragon or a boy dragon?

Something based on Norse mythology, something we can splooge all over the screen with minimal action and a focus on funny character interactions. Hopefully with a unique visual style it can gain some traction

>Hopefully with a unique visual style it can gain some traction
Good luck on a Canadian budget.

It also means I'd have to give away the rights to my content.

To answer the question seriously, though, I'd pitch my old abandoned crap, so that at least then I'd have a credit to my name which would help me get my real work picked up in the future.

Canadian networks don't own the rights to shows like American networks do.

A slice of life CGI cartoon featuring characters doing detective stuff, specially made with German audiences in mind. It's going to be sidelined in Canada, but German networks will pick it up and show it on good slots for years to come. It might even get a second season with a somewhat bigger budget despite the initial network not caring about it.

make a show using flash about a group of middle schooler cops.
make a deal with a toy company to turn it into a 30 minute long commercial to increase the animation budget enough to where it gains a cult following,
bank on said following to get the rights to the show back and do a reboot with a better studio

>A teacher falls in love with her student
>who looks like a pre schooler
Somebody didn't think this through...

But unless you're starting your own animation studio to go along with your pitch, they do.