Why does marvel even let their name be tainted by licensing such horrendous merch?

Why does marvel even let their name be tainted by licensing such horrendous merch?

they seriously made deadpool merchandise for kids?

Uh, yes? When I was a kid I had this toy. Before Deadpool was known for his R RATED FOR ADULTS MOVIE or was a giant internet meme he was just kind of an X-Men bad guy

I don't know but I HAAAATE how the box for those toys boasts "MULTIPLE POINTS OF ARTICULATION". FUCK YOU. LIAR.

>Spring-Out Blade
Maybe X-Men Origins Barakapool was accurate after all

looks like a bootleg

I mean, it technically does though, it has at least four points of articulation, which is not impressive but not dishonest either

He's even had his own Lego minifig

Ike Perlmutter doesn't care

Silly user, don't you know that's a variant depicting symbiote Deadpool from Venom/Deadpool: What If?

Seriously though, what the fuck happened to Hasbro? It seems like after 2010 they just stopped giving a shit about their basic figures, and every line that wasn't Legends became basic figures. Like they decided to apply their mentality with the Transformers to everything.

I don't know doesn't look worse than the action figures i played with as a kid.
You realize this is aimed at stupid little kid rights? Not middleaged retards who unironically collect toys to put them on shelves.

The toys should be better this the fag

There is a shit ton of adults building and collecting legos. I guess the deadpool set was mostly bought by teenagers/adults

>Storm
>Wanda
>Electra

What a shit taste

>Silly user, don't you know that's a variant depicting symbiote Deadpool from Venom/Deadpool: What If?
Then why does it look nothing like it?

Because no one but autists like you gives a shit.

Why are you acting like this is the only Deadpool toy available?

You guys ever go to the toy isles at stores just out of curiosity and see just how awful action figures are now compared to before? They are smaller, and have a more riggid design.

Same scale as legends.

No, I don't have the same hobbies as Greg Mazujian.

Except this thread has several examples of Deadpool figures that are better. Or do you want to go back to this?

RORSCHACH AND DEADPOOOOL

Im not, im pissed this shit is replacing the regular lines that are all badly articulated poorly painted crap now

>namefag autism
Please die

Much like with the Transformers, they realize there are different levels of toy buyers. There are indeed dumbass kids who will be just as happy with some two step barely painted POS and probably going to break it in a week regardless, so they offer those for them

And yet their mainline figures used to be highly articulated, and yet these shoddy pieces of crap are sold at an even high price. Funny huh?

Leave it to Japan to do anything right.

>hurr durr what is inflation

>inflation of this magnitude happens within 2 years
>ever
Cant you just accept they are being cheap and greedy?

What highly articulated 12 inch "mainline" figures were they making two years ago? They've been making this kiddy crap for half a decade now.

toy sales are like printing money user.
do you not like money?
protip: companies like money

>2 years

Im not talking about 12 inch figures. Just look at some of their older lines. Now they wont make anything like this in any serious capacity

2013 is when hasbro went full retard. And yes, sometimes i forget 2013 was now 5 years ago

>toys
>printing money
>in 2018
Kids don't care about toys anymore.

Legends

Because they hardly make 4 inch Marvel Universe figures anymore, they switched back to 6 inch Marvel Legends as the highly articulated mainline in 2013. You don't know what you're talking about.

I felt the same anger you did like way back when the shit first started happening man, but then I started to understand why it was happening, and that it didn't mean they were the ONLY toys, but that they were toys made for a certain demographic and that toys more up to my standard would still be made for the demographic that wants those. And I'm not even talking about stuff strictly for adult collectors that costs hundreds of dollars and is meant to sit on a shelf forever.

Take pic related for example, you have the choice of buying either. The second one is for the most part something I would have loved as a kid, the first one not so much.

Fuck them, i want actually good main line figures like they used to make, and in another scale then 6 inch. They shouldnt be making shit like in the OP image

Fuck them for ignoring 4 inch now. Thats why i hate them for ignoring long time collectors to cater to legend faggots
And yet now the toys that used to be good and acceptable for collectors are now garbage

They're the hest you're gonna get, also they come in 3 scales 3.75 6 and 12 inches. They're the best figures in, I'd be willing to bet, any toy line for the price point. You have to go $40+ for literally anything else.

Greg pls

They still make 4 inch figures that are more articulated than the 12 inch kiddie crap.

>Thats why i hate them for ignoring long time collectors to cater to legend faggots
The long-time Legends collectors said the same thing when they switched to 4 inch as the primary line in 2008.

Your anger is misplaced, you're just mad that the focus has shifted again back to something you don't like. Yet you shitpost incessantly about the kiddie crap like it's relevant.

Id rather have nothing then the dirt they are making now, especially since they ignore long time collectors at this point.

they've got a very nice Legends line with Power of the Primes.

Slash is a cutie.

Well legends was shit anyways and they deserve to be ignored, fuck you and fuck hasbro for ignoring 4 inch collectors

>Id rather have nothing then the dirt they are making now
Nobody's making you buy anything you fucking autist.

Im not buying it, but i reserve my right to criticize it

Hasbro tried to do standardized four inch stuff between the smaller lines starting with G.I. Joe. But those collectors threw a fit followed by the Star Wars collectors and so they just said "fuck it"

Because the added articulation made them just a tiny bit taller than the old lines.

Legends are objectively better than 4 inch.

Your "criticism" is inane. You shitpost about the kiddie crap like it's taking away from 4 inch when your real problem is that they switched focus from 4 inch back to 6 inch.

Sure, but you can't say they're not making them when they are, and have been for years. They are pretty good, too.

I dunno, as a kid all toys were toys and I played with them all regardless of the articulation. That's probably the same for most kids, maybe realize you shouldn't be buying those since they're not aimed at you?

What kind of healthy sane adult man looks at a toy he doesn't want and says "I want this to stop existing, I'd rather this not exist"?

Hell allow me to exercise my right to criticize something and tell you right now that you're being a baby.

>Legends are objectively better than 4 inch.
You are a fucking idiot
>Your "criticism" is inane. You shitpost about the kiddie crap like it's taking away from 4 inch when your real problem is that they switched focus from 4 inch back to 6 inch.
Im talking more about the movie lines, which had the same articulation as universe. I just got side tracked a little when i was talking about how universe got cancelled.

>wahhh you shouldnt criticize my poorly made product, im offended as a marvel fan
No, YOU grow up

>You are a fucking idiot
Great argument. The reality is that Legends are larger, more articulated, more detailed, and due to inflation offer a better price/plastic ratio for both the company and consumer.

>Im talking more about the movie lines
Same deal, they just make highly articulated movie figures in 6 inch scale now.

They are poorly sculpted shit thats too big, only a brain dead marvel fag with ogre hands that need larger toys would like such crap

Also, they dont nearly make as many characters in it, especially for the movie lines. Now all we get is the bulky badly made shit like in the homecoming line

6 inch figures are objectively better sculpted than 4 inch figures.

>Also, they dont nearly make as many characters in it
But that's wrong. Movie 4 inch lines got you the main characters and villain, and that's typically still what you get in the 6 inch lines.

>6 inch figures are objectively better sculpted than 4 inch figures.
And that is why you are uncultured swine with no sense of taste. Also, the old movie lines used to have multiple characters and comic accurate versions that were basically marvel universe figures with a different package

Why do you keep making this thread? Literally everytime you just get mocked for it and, more importantly, told to keep your /toy/ shit in /toy/.

>And that is why you are uncultured swine with no sense of taste
Great argument. Keep up the good work.

>Also, the old movie lines used to have multiple characters and comic accurate versions
Many of the 6 inch lines have those too. Wasn't always the case for 4 inch either. There were no comic figures in the 4 inch Thor lines, for instance.

Oh wow, the movie lines made back when the toy market hadn't lost a huge chunk of mindshare to videogames (and more) had a higher number and variety of releases than the current movie lines?

I'm so surprised I might blow my brains out and then make a thread about it on Sup Forums fueled by my now hollow skull.

This is literally the first time ive made this thread
>Great argument. Keep up the good work.
I see legends fag doesnt like it when his shit line gets called out

>Oh wow, the movie lines made back when the toy market hadn't lost a huge chunk of mindshare to videogames (and more) had a higher number and variety of releases than the current movie lines?
Thats a lie and you know it. The market was the same in 2012, the company is purely being cheaper now

>I see legends fag doesnt like it when his shit line gets called out
topkek you're the one throwing a tantrum over 4 inch figures senpai

Calling a line shit because you don't like it doesn't constitute being called out. I too love 3.75 figures but 6in Hasbro toys have been on point.

No it wasn't, and if your fucking uneducated simpletoid autist ass can't be bothered to read a single article on the subject (or on the concept of mass-production market delay, which is fucking key on ANY release not just toys) then this thread is over.

You're a retard. Parents today say "Why should I buy 8 $50-100 playsets for my kid every year for the next 8 years when I can get him one $120 tablet that'll last until he's smart enough to want an upgrade?

Their is still a market for toys, and if you really think the market has changed since 2012 then you are a brain damaged faglord

You fucking retard, kids still buy toys. Even then, its not an excuse to lower production quality the amount they are doing now.

They're not lowering production quality though, they're just not making YOUR favorite toys anymore.

I'm not saying kids don't buy toys but if you dont think kids and parents have changed in the past 5 years you're the retard, not me.
Kids want a tablet along with maybe a handful of toys, it's not like it was 10 years ago when all you wanted was toys and a new game, kids carry phones and tablets in their strollers, glued to the thing, until parents bring them to their favorite TV shows aisle, or they see something from Youtube on a shelf.
t. TrU employee

>durr, kids dont like toys anymore
Fucking tard

Because these lies are just filler. People who want better quality will just buy Legends, Mezco, or imports, anyway.

Thats exactly what they are doing though when they make the normal toys into badly constructed trash and sell it for 11$, when for that same price a few years ago you couldve gotten a collector quality figure from them

You lost. Everything. Except maybe your virginity. Stay as mad as you are wrong.

No, Hasbro just knows kids (and their parents) would rather have a few really good toys than a bunch of smaller ones in this day and age.

You'd have no 3 3/4'' figures without superior Legends. Enjoy your table scraps. You deserve it after we got screwed out of Legends for your silly diversion line years ago. Enjoy your lack of wrist articulation and no butterfly joints.

>i dont have an argument, so ill just say he lost and insult him
Kek, stay assblasted

Those aren't the normal toys though, Legends are. We've been over this.

The only reason why you like legends is because they are the perfect scale to fuck your ass with, cunt breath. Go fuck yourself dickcheese

>thats too big,

Lol manlet. MAybe you live in a shitty apartment hovel but those of us that have a job can easily fit it. Bet you'll never have a Hot Toys, loser.

And they shouldnt be you thick skulled cuck, and they ruin or outright cancel everything else for their autistic devotion to their overseized shit line

>wanting a 300$ doll
Yeah, im glad i dont own that shit

Five below has those 3 3/4 scale figures now, poorfag. You can buy those with your GBP.

Enjoy your 30 shitty toys while I have my few really good ones.

So you admit then that the normal toys are not in fact badly constructed trash, just bigger toys that you don't like because of your autistic devotion to smaller toys.

I never implied that

You did when you agreed that Legends are the normal line.

That doesnt mean they are well made or good

They're literally the same as your precious 4 inch figures except larger, more detailed, and more articulated.

Come on

They reuse more bodies, and have worse sculpting and figure selection. Get fucked

>They reuse more bodies
Wrong.

>and have worse sculpting
Wrong again. The sculpts are frequently the same, just blown up with more detail.

>figure selection
Is better in Legends. Where's my 4 inch Man-Thing? Banshee? Misty Knight? Hela? Terrax? Hellcat? Batroc? Brother Voodoo? Articulated Venom, Toxin, Carnage, and Anti-Venom?

You can't win.

>Wrong.
You are an idiot. Look at the bulk of the line and youll see a bunch of reused sculpts

The reuse ratio in 4 inch was exactly the same.