Batman Gotham by Gaslight

Did Sup Forums like Gotham by Gaslight? What should the sequel be about?

about spoilers

what would a Earth-19 JL be like?
how edgy would the villain be?

>raised in an orphanage by a kind nun instead of being raised alone by a psychotic butler, can actually act like a normal human being
>looks bad guys in the eye before dishing out justice, doesn't cower behind squinty white lenses
>rescues street urchins from the mean streets of Gotham
>only gadget he uses is his steam-powered grappling hook, isn't reliant of technology
>his Selina isn't a thief, he's too pure to date criminal scum
>his Robins just run errands for him, he'd never endanger a child's life by making it fight supervillains
>actually fights bad guys instead of inventing a million bullshit gadgets to win fights for him
>is just human and almost dies multiple times, isn't a batgod Mary Sue unlike most of his other incarnations
>God-tied 10/10 Batsuit

this is the ideal Bruce Wayne. you may not like it, but this is what peak batperformance looks like

Why were we supposed to root against this guy again?

Because he want to rape joker

Wait, this came out already?

Must've been shit if there were no threads

Tell me - is it an actual mystery? A proper detective story?

>ALL WOMEN ARE WHORES

>kills a nun

>Must've been shit if there were no threads
well no shit sherlock it's a DC movie

It is more of an detective story than most Batman films, but it gets a bit tiresome since the whole movie is just one red herring after another, making you think "ha, this guy is the ripper" just to go "lol nope" at least 3 times.

Then again, I watched it drunk.

>only gadget he uses is his steam-powered grappling hook, isn't reliant of technology

>Pretty sure I saw a razor batarang and smoke bombs being used, don’t forget the batcycle

It's obvious since minute one though

The animation department used to be the best part of DC.

>the whole movie is just one red herring after another
Funny shit, because I remember watching a bunch of interviews for Gotham by Gaslight and they wouldn't stop droning on about how much they respect "true" detective stories where the clues are subtle but laid out for the audience.

This.

Then they put out Justice League: War and everything went to shit.

Why are half of Gothamites talking in an Irish accent?

the experimental combustion engine bicycle is a vehicle, not a gadget
and throwing sharp objects is hardly a reliance on technology

The Bat-Attic looked comfy as fuck.

Does anybody have a stream for this???

well he wasn't wrong then

>Did Sup Forums like Gotham by Gaslight? What should the sequel be about?
Electrification.

>base of operations is a comfy attic lab instead of a guano filled damp cave
truly the best bat

Just finished watching it. Was pretty good.

I kind of want another Gotham by Gaslight movie. I think it hinted at two-face being the big bad of a possible sequel. Since they showed Harvey being such an asshole and that jar of acid.

Should have had Harley farting in this one.

>villains who did literally nothing wrong

Ruined by subpar voiceacting by everyone involved.

>Japan Samurai Batman
>British Detective Batman
Man DC is really outdoing themselves with the creativity. How long till French Knight Batman and Hawaiian Surfer Batman?

I kind of wish we'd get a British Flash movie. That would be really cool. In a world where everyone is basically the same, Flash would be like a god.

>being this casual

She was an old fart