Frylock

Frylock
>Black people can't swim
What did he mean by this? I am European and I don't get that joke. Can't black Americans not swim or is it when they try to come to Europe and they drown in little boats? Explain this joke, please.
Also did this episode get any angry comments in the USA? Could this still be done in 2018?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-11172054)
youtu.be/ENwxCSG_SIg
youtu.be/fJ8Y5dzBFhk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It is just a joke. The same way American cartoons have “greedy jews” or how Asian cartoons have “perverted nose-bleeding” characters. Nothing to take seriously.
Also, no, there aren’t any angry conments far as I’m concerned.
>Could this still be done in 2018?
Yes but it would cause more rage. This decade is filled with a ton of entitled kids.

black people are poor and live in the city
they can't afford swimming pools

it makes sense that people who have to walk for hours to get to the nearest source of water never bothered to learn to swim

It has a lot of basis in truth, even BBC made an article about it (bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-11172054)
I live pretty close enough to the ocean and while you will see black people in the water, it's rarely further than the shallow end. A black orbiter I used to know had never swam, despite proximity to multiple bodies of water. I remember my dad mentioned hearing about this black family calling this old lady a hero for telling a boy to swim left (out of a riptide--it's fairly simple to get out) because none of them were capable of swimming to try to help or knew about it.
>he thinks they're only jokes
>never seen a city/community pool
This is the biggest point, African blacks historically grew keeping distance from water (considering all the predators in it...), naturally they weren't raised to be good swimmers. Caribbean blacks, however...

>>never seen a city/community pool

People would literally throw chlorine into the pool to get the blacks out. They weren't welcome there.

>have to walk for hours to get to the nearest source of water
Weren't virtually all the black people living in the US today born there?

Well the US is a different place so how should he know?

I use to always make fun of this one African American kid who couldn't swim for shit and refused to learn when we had a class trip to a water park. Being from a Nigerian family you're taught to swim at a young age and mocked if you can't.

Hey faggot, you further reiterated my point- you've clearly never been to a city/community pool, nor seen a black area. I live in hispanic > black > white area, I can personally verify plenty of blacks show up to city pools; even if just to socialize rather than swim.
Besides, dumbass, all pools have some amount of chlorination to sterilize all the pee, so it's at your own risk. My friend's bleached hair turned green once (lol), so it's not like chlorine chooses which race to bother.

It's still historically ingrained to their genetics. For instance, the reason Hawaiians and blacks are especially susceptible to diabetes and ballooning up after being introduced to western food is because their genetics were fine-tuned with their native diets, ones with far less starch than, say, an Irishman's, so they aren't able to metabolize it as well and turn out as they do, regardless of being born in the now.
Please don't assume I'm a limey :'(

edit- disregard "western" food. "European" would be more accurate.

most black people dont live in america you moron

Most human beings in general couldn't swim, even those close to water, before swimming became a common form of recreation

>I am European and I don't get that joke
>as the Mediterranean coast is filled with beached nigerians

>It is just a joke. The same way American cartoons have “greedy jews”
>It is just a joke

Oh boy. Here comes Sup Forums. Bet you were drooling at the mouth seeing this thread.

It's a joke Like Asians can't drive, French giving up at any sign of conflict or white people not seasoning their food

>white people not seasoning their food
I never understood this, because it usually comes with, "white people and pumpkin spice, amirite?"

But one of those things is exclusive to the other, ya know?

The real joke here is that Frylock's VA is black.

I believe shake mentioned that in one episode - Something about how Frylock sounded black.

Poor people go to shit schools in shit towns/neighborhoods which have no access to a swimming pool, and their parents don't have enough disposable income to get them into private pools. In the US that's black people (which is also why there's the fire hidrant cliché).
Such a phenomenon isn't unique to the US, in France every year about a quarter of the people who enlist to study to become PE teacher can't swim, and they most likely come from the poorer areas.

I was actually pretty poor growing up and I learned to swim at a young age.

Many reasons, one being there's a lot of lakes here. Another was there was a very cheap and affordable summer swim program where we would take a bus to the YMCA and learn in their pool.

Dude is talking about stuff like Monson Motor lodge where to keep pools whites only the would toss acid and chlorine into the pool as blacks were swimming

You don't learn to swim just by having access to a pool though, you need someone to teach you, be it a relative or a pro. The lack of that seems a better explanation than ancestral genetic fear of hippos.

But if you poison the pool, where are the white people supposed to swim? I'm not convinced that this is a good plan.

I used to date a black girl years ago. She loved going to this private member spa I was apart of but only to tan and never to swim. Oh, and she loved the hot tub and steam room.

When I asked her why she never wanted to swim. Her response was that she had never learned. I paid for classes so she could learn. And needless to say it probably was the reason we broke up.

I don't see how that follows. Did she think that was patronizing of you? Did she meet a handsome merman?

I'm black and know how to swim, my girl who is white can't swim at all.

It's a terrible plan. You'd have to drain the pool and completely clean _everything_ before you could fill it again. Filters might even have to be completely replaced.

I have a strong notion that there's not a lot of evidence this happened. They MIGHT have been putting chlorine into the pool. But again, that's normal for swimming pools. Well, the last public pool I went to was years and years ago and they used bromine. Probably because chlorine reacts with urine and creates trichlorimine (NCl3) and that's something that's very hard on your lungs.

He built her up and got rid of an insecurity she had. Once you do that, you create a monster with more confidence and self worth that's going to want to get with someone "better". That's why when you get a girlfriend you break her down, not build her up

It's just swimming.

Pretty much I pushed the subject too hard and it just pissed her off. She went to a few courses and learned the basics of swimming.

What the fuck is wrong with you chucklefuck?

>(lol)

>Black people can't swim
Explain how MC Ride teaches bitches how to swim then?

>The same way American cartoons have “greedy jews
Give one example

>or is it when they try to come to Europe and they drown in little boats?

Family Guy, South Park.

It's ok, anons. We all had to learn the hard way

Nigga, I literally had a summer schedule that allowed me to be in one of 4 pools from 11 am to 4pm, all on the West Side of Chicago.

>greedy jews
>a joke
????

>drooling at the mouth
As opposed to drooling where faggot

Common cliche, but it exists for a reason, it would seem. Had a black roommate for a while. Watching him try to swim was like watching a wind-up toy flail around in a puddle.

Because back during the civil rights era they didn't want them to swim in "White"pools so black americans didn't get to go swimming if they didn't live near a natural body of water

Didnt a some hotel have their pool drained and cleaned after one black dude swam in it?

FRYCRACKER BE USIN' ME TO STORE MAGAZINES AND WHATNOT
I AIN'T NO STORAGE SLAVE

Considering that dude’s literally pouring acid into the pool, this is extremely likely.

Well, you're just a box

One of my friends gets nosebleeds often, especially when he sees something arousing. He also happens to be Korean and maintaining a diet of entirely Korean cuisine. I think it's something to do with the salt levels in the food.
Either way there's some basis in reality

you're retarded
lots of people show up to pools without knowing how to swim. They figure they're safe because they can stand up, then when they get dunked and start drowning they panic and forget this fact and die

in ye olde days of your grandma, when black people tried to go swimming racists would try to to throw acid at them and other fucked up shit. I could understand if maw maw never thought swimming as a useful thing to teach future generations.

In fairness, the father of the modern progressive liberal movement enacted federal jim crowe laws requiring segregation in public places, government buildings, and in workplaces.

I'm black. I can do a lot of the active-motion swimming things -- strokes, etc. But for the life of me, I can't tread water, and that was probably one of the reasons why even though I took a swimming class, I never exactly "passed" it.

I don't think it's an access thing, either. The genetic argument (bone density?) seems more valid, imho.

Lower center of gravity. Same thing that makes blacks better runners in general.

>that one American Ninja Warrior contestant who almost drowned because he didn't tell the production team he couldn't swim and he didn't think he would fall

>I never exactly "passed" it.
>exactly
>"..."
Elaborate, I feel like there's a story there.

Wouldn't pic related solve that? It's how I learned to tread water.

>white people not seasoning their food
Sir I am from the south and that only applies to the north.

Shiiiii, the man needs a box.
Let's get the man a box, right quickly

and white Europeans explored and conquered much of the world in pursuit spice

Africans have denser bone structure than Europeans and don't float as easily.

>when Frylock dunks him in the pool and his afro lights on fire
It was funny as hell, I don't give a fuck if it's racist

My family (white) was poor as shit when I was a kid and I still learned out to swim. Stop being an apologist. Going to the crick to float in the deep end is free.

Nutmeg was at one point more valuable than gold.

The spice game is just too strong.

Don't know why I laughed so hard from this comment

>they panic and forget this fact and die
The weak should fear the strong.

It's a slavery joke. They couldn't get off the boat and swim back home.

>What's this?
>It's a wristwatch. Time is valuable to you now

I loved all of the methods they used to turn shake white again. They were so rediculous that they can't be perceived as racist. They were unrealistically racist. Not all white people like milk.

>people actually have said that milk is racist
I wish I was joking. I wish I could tell you that.

Blacks have higher bone density, don't teach their kids how to swim, were once banned from city pools, etc.
It is highly unlikely for a black person to swim regularly, and many do not know how to swim.

>that's ok
>pic related isn't
What did Turner mean by this?

The entire episode is a pisstake. They also later try to make him 'white' again by subjecting him to stereotypically 'white' actions, like watching Hockey and buying avocados at the supermarket.

Holy Shit. Is this for real?

>American Ninja Warrior

Upper left corner is so damn cute.

Videos are shit quality
youtu.be/ENwxCSG_SIg
youtu.be/fJ8Y5dzBFhk

I wonder who's behind this post.

A lower natural body fat fucks up buoyancy. White people are better swimmers because of a higher fat content.

I've been in enough Chicken and Fish joints to call bullshit on that.

The best part is that he talks and looks like your typical black guy.

Women are better swimmers than men because they have a higher body fat percentage and women always have better times in EVERY swim event!

...Right? That's what happens, right? All the fastest records in every olympic swim event is all women? And not men?

Right?

My black room mate told me it's a multitude of things. One they have hair that gets nappy and is a bitch to deal with so even in the shower they tend to avoid washing their hair every day. Then the chlorine water dries out their skin and makes it ashy as fuck so another inconvenience many would rather not deal with. On top of all that they tend to live in areas that either can't afford it or once again aren't worth it. Living in California most people here regardless know how to swim but going east and especially Midwest people there never bother to learn for whatever reason.

>especially Midwest people there never bother to learn for whatever reason.
Almost everyone I know learned to swim. I'm from Wisconsin.

Don't know where you're talking about.

This post made me laugh more than it should have.

>Midwest people there never bother to learn for whatever reason.
There is no truth to that whatsoever.

Women are better swimmers over long distances. Their fat deposits allow them to be more energy efficient and outpace men on a large enough scale. You know, user, athleticism exists outside of the confines of what they do in the Olympics.

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH

Don't niggers have a different center of mass compared to whites?

It's a real thing, but they go over the top with it for jokes. It's a combination of poverty, absent parenting, and the effect of chlorine on certain black hairstyles.

Yes. Denser bone structure. Different fat distribution. It's slightly harder for black people, particularly men to float. But it's not a big enough difference to matter for basic swimming.

It matters in the olympics, and if your'e trying out to be a navy seal.

Goddammit man. That's some sad shit.
Think of those families
Think of the guilt. The regret.
Motherfucker.
Those kids are dead.
Those families are fucked.
Sheeeeeit

>it's funny because it's offensive and/or out of line -the show(s)

The REALLY fucked up thing is that it's not the first time it's happened. It happens once every few years, and theres's still entire familes that don't know how to swim.

That's an odd definition of "entitled". Almost as if it's just a noise you make when someone points out things you don't want pointed out.

To be fair, the alternative ways of using the word aren't much saner.

She's a qt patootie.