RIP FoX-Men universe. They had some interesting plans with Gambit, New Mutants, Jaime Maddrox...

RIP FoX-Men universe. They had some interesting plans with Gambit, New Mutants, Jaime Maddrox, Kitty Pryde and X-Force movies planned out. Looks like none of them will ever see the light of day now though.

Other urls found in this thread:

disney.wikia.com/wiki/Category:R-rated_films
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So long as Legion stays okay...

Fox has been making X-men movies for almost 20 years and they've made more shit than good. They should be slapped for the amount of underdevelopment that the whole team has gotten in favor of Wolverine-wank.

>Looks like none of them will ever see the light of day now though.
My only regret is Dark Phoenix will.

>Caring about X-Shit in this day and age

One last hilarious sendoff for the clusterfuck for this X-Universe. Good riddance.

Gambit doesn't even need a solo movie. Just put him on the new team

no one wanted a Gambit movie. X-force might still happen cause that's just Deadpool. And New Mutants finished filming

None of you ever really thought this movie would actually happen, right?

I thought it had a better chance than some of the announced Sony movies, but it's not like I really wanted or needed a Tatum-Gambit movie.

Sure it had a better chance than stuff like Sinister Six or the Black Cat and Silver Sable movie, but that's saying literally nothing because those movies are cocaine induced fever dreams.

This is only the third time a director has walked from this project. And only one lead has walked away, and subsequently been replaced.

It's probably still going on, but it's true it will also probably never be made. That's entertainment! Welcome to LA.

The FOX movies are still going (allegedly) after Dark Phoenix, Deadpool 2 and New Mutants (which got pushed back because it's horrible). And it's looking increasingly like the whole Disney buyout thing was just a joke Rupert Murdoch was playing to fuck with someone.

Some guy literally called me names over saying it wouldn't just this month. I mean, literally the same day it came out that Verbinski walked, while it was still news.

Watch out, X-friends are crazy.

nope. never thought it was a good idea, considering how gambit was portrayed in origins. madrox also a bad idea.

>Black Cat and Silver Sable movie
I thought this thing is still going to happen? But I agree that they're definitely weird hollywood wtf yesman ideas.

>X-friends are crazy
Duh, they're the battered housewives of Sup Forums.

Canning Tatum was a horrible choice to play him anyways. And they've been talking about making this movie since Wolverine Origins came out, it's never going to actually happen.

People still like Gambit? I thought he was a 90s fad like pogs and roller blading.

The X-Men are frozen in time in the 90s as far as the general public is concerned.

They just started a new comic series starring Gambit and Rogue. I thought it was to advertise the movie, probably won't last long now.

>New Mutants (which got pushed back because it's horrible)
Is it bad? The trailer certainly looked generic but it didn't look outright terrible.

He still has that terrible outfit. Has anyone made a better gambit outfit then the weird, pink, baseball catcher pads one?

Rogue and Gambit is a mini though. It was never going to last long.

Holy shit, a 10 month delay to February 22, 2019! What the fuck are they doing, hahaha. I didn't even know it was that delayed, they could reshoot the whole film in that time. That's gonna be a fucking trainwreck.

>Looks like none of them will ever see the light of day now though.

At the very least New Mutants will happen if it was delayed to Hell.

Yeah, I was looking forward to that more then Phoenix. Disney is going to make it a completely different movie though.

Yeah, I accepted this movie wasn't gonna happen years ago. Was looking forward to the Magnito film more than anything.

Was that the trailer where it looked more like a horror movie then a X-Men movie?

>The FOX movies are still going
It depends on what Disney is planning to do, most people think they'll fire everyone at Fox, disolve the company and make Alien a family friendly franchise, my bet is that it will continue in some way or another since they need R-rated content for their streaming service.

The merge is not going to be confirmed and finalized until more or less 2 years anyway, plus there is some small probability it's not going to pass federal regulations, so Fox has to continue functioning like nothing happened, plenty of time to get a bunch of X-Men projects rolling.

>Disney buyout thing was just a joke Rupert Murdoch was playing to fuck with someone
Not really, if the deal gets through he gets millions of Disney's stocks, making him richer than he already is.

I'm in a weird place with it.
I generally hate the FoX-Men movies, and the trailer looked like generic jump scare shite, so any major changes they make to it will probably be for the better. On the other hand, a 10 month delay for what I can only assume will be major reshoots and CG pieces isn't inspiring me with much hope.
I'm fine with them not being a standard superhero team, the original run was very much grounded in the fact that they were just the next batch of students and not a new team. There was actual animosity between the X-Men team, and the X-Babies.
Very disappointed that we won't see them in their black and yellows, though.

>and make Alien a family friendly franchise,
I don't see that happening.
disney.wikia.com/wiki/Category:R-rated_films

surprisingly it's good too

It's based on the Bill Sienkiewicz era of New Mutants which is much darker and more of a horror vibe to it.

>I'm fine with them not being a standard superhero team, the original run was very much grounded in the fact that they were just the next batch of students and not a new team. There was actual animosity between the X-Men team, and the X-Babies.

My worries are that they are being approached more like mental cases rather than Students, and that they will be relegated to scare fodder rather than characters.

I keep forgeting Touchstone Pictures is (or was?) literally just Disney under a different name so it doesn't get tained by any controversy by releasing R-rated movies with the Disney logo, it's not even a different company or division. They haven't released many big R-rated films recently tough, under Bob Iger they mostly focus on family friendly films.

There was the burglar suit from his short lived ongoing

At this point the best we can hope for is a Chuck cameo at the end of the movie saying, "wow, you kids have been through some shit! Come to my school and you can learn to use your powers in a safe* setting."

das some good art

I feel bad for Channing Tatum