Toonami Ratings for 1/27/18

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Set for 2018.

Last week was more of the same, the only thing of note was things didn't go lower. This week, Dandy reruns started and wew lad is it bad. Jojo dipped into the 400k range, but not to be outdone, Gundam dipped into the 300k range. Dandy starts off its return dangerously close to the 200k range which it's bound to hit in the next few weeks. Thanks for the reruns Demarco!

10:30 Dragon Ball Super 999 0.42
11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 782 0.33
11:30 Black Clover 562 0.24
12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 484 0.20
12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 398 0.18
1:00a Hunter X Hunter 386 0.18
1:30a Naruto: Shippuden 423 0.20
2:00a Outlaw Star 343 0.16
2:30a Space Dandy (r) 319 0.15
3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 389 0.20
3:30a Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (r) 375 0.18

>space Memey is back

Why is Toonami still a thing?

The 2012 April Fools' joke showed there was a demand for it to come back. Or did you mean more recently?

>398k at 12:30
Holy shit my sides, even Shit Piece never went that low way at 2:30.

More recently.

>Naruto beat both Gundam and HxH.
LOL, how can Anti-Narutards ever recover?

I don't get it, why doesn't the audience like Dandy?

Is Demarco even trying anymore?

It was the ultimate prank. April 1st 2012 never ended. We're still there. There's still time. Time to fix my life. In reality I didn't waste 7 years of my life. I didn't ACTUALLY spend that whole time in the exact same situation. Haha! Real funny Adult Swim! Hahaha!

Why does anyone even watch Toonami anymore? It offers literally nothing new. Does it have any fresh content anymore? Reviews and whatnot?

>Space Memey
Please don't tell me I live in the timeline where Sup Forums doesn't like Space Dandy, there's no way this board could *possibly* have that much shit taste, right?

>Not Meme Dandy

the heck is stirner doing here?

Well, he owns everything, and Sup Forums is a part of everything, so.

user,anything that was loved to that degree will eventually become hated and claimed to have never been good.

I dunno, being a phantasm I guess.

Am i the only 1 who still watches toonami ?

Because it's a fucking rerun. Normal people aren't autistic like TG and get enjoyment from watching the same show over and over

They still do reviews but they aren't much to go on

I still watch Dragon Ball Super, but that's about it.

They really need to offer something to make it worth watching. I don't know for sure what that entails, but it has to include something that you can't get elsewhere. Just re-running shounen is not a viable long-term plan

>Normalfags only stick around for Dragon Ball and bail when Kai ends.
>Naruto fans ignore the entire block and only tune in for Naruto.
>Black Clover continues to be mediocre at best.
>Jojo just keeps dipping and dipping despite it being at the "meme/normie" part.
>Everyone avoided Space Dandy.
With DBS ending and FLCL being a predicted disappointment; this year or the next will be our last, guaranteed.

Sup Forums and most of Sup Forums generally has entered a time of extreme contrarianism. The decline started a decade ago but was accelerated more recently by the influx of normalfags in both 2014 and 2016.

If FLCL actually fails, it'll end immediately. There's no reason to continue if you can't draw people in with a brand new show.

FLCL will probably get enough viewers on nostalgia alone. I'm going to watch it even if it's terrible and I'm mad the whole time.

I would say it might continue until Super ends, but Super can probably survive independently since it's Dragon Ball.

If they would just air some shit that's isn't a total bore to watch they would be fine

Pick your Bulma

Doubtful. They're trying to hit the young male demo, who mostly don't have cable. You have to work hard for that one, and just playing anime they've all seen isn't going to cut it.

20, 28, or 31.

29, 31, or 43

Reminder that One Piece is the best selling comic of all time, WORLDWIDE!

This is the first time it's aired in three years.

16 through 29 and 41

All they need is some good waifus and a little fanservice and the audience flocks. It's not hard

34 is literally MOMMY-tier

So what you are saying is, it's a RERUN. Outlaw Star hasn't aired in 20 years and it's failing too. Reruns equal death. This is the reality for Toonami

>Toonami is a spook
Why use Max Stirner in the OP image?

It's a rerun. People have already seen it. Reruns are literally the worst thing you can do for anime

Is it possible to get comparisons to other stuff running at that time of the night to see if it's just Toonami shitting the bed or just a result of cable dying.

Dragon Ball Z Kai is a glorified rerun with a repainted store sign.

not to derail but you gotta wonder what stirner-kun would make of the post left transgirls dressed like catgirls that comprise his most vocal fanbase

meant for

I haven't watched Toonami in like 2 years.
If they want reruns then bring back Shin-chan or Super Milk Chan.

Shin Chan was nuts. Hell Funimation hired Evan Dorkin to do some writing on it. Shame they stopped it

Well it shows, it was fantastic and funny as hell.
I hate this shounen crap for hours on end

I hate DBZ faggots so much

I guarantee 2/3 of you are black too

Why do blacks like shounen?

I just noticed Wan Piss doesn't air anymore

He may be (unfortunately) slower than a turtle, but he will SAVE US!

This isn't even on life support anymore this shit is just dead.

When your midnight show and 12:30 show are drawing under 500k you're just plain fucked.

Was he ever?

Current Series End Dates (accounting for marathons):
Dragon Ball Super - November 16, 2019
Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - June 23, 2018
Black Clover - January 19, 2019
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - August 11, 2018
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - April 21, 2018
Hunter X Hunter - June 29, 2019
Space Dandy - August 4, 2018
Naruto: Shippuden - December 7, 2024
Outlaw Star - March 17, 2018
Cowboy Bebop - March 31, 2018
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - May 12, 2018

SotB stopped posting it so no

Pop Team Epic on Toonami when?

>not liking Space Dandy

That happened about a year ago.

>retards that can't tell the difference between liking a show and knowing it's ratings cancer

It got shitcanned for low ratings. Which should be concerning because it's average numbers were higher than BC this week, at 2:30am

Good God, we suck. When FLCL fails hard later this year, I expect a quick death to follow. I'd just hoped they'd realize TV was dying and stop trying to drag it on longer. At this point, it's just embarrassing.

Here's last week:

>10:30 Dragon Ball Super 1068 0.51 658
>11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 844 0.39 507
>11:30 Black Clover 626 0.29 374
>12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 540 0.26 338
>12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 502 0.25 319
>1:00a Hunter X Hunter 487 0.24 315
>1:30a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 419 0.22 285
>2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 427 0.22 287
>2:30a Outlaw Star 396 0.20 261
>3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 434 0.21 274
>3:30a Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (r) 383 0.19 250

The biggest slap in the face was that people fucked off for an hour and came back for Naruto filler this week. We're in a mess.

How soon does DeMarco hang himself in shame?

We'd be lucky if one of the Bob Epic Team segments got used in an episode of Off the Air.

BUT CAN HE EVEN SAVE HIMSELF?

>no ryuko poster
>start to worry
you know its bad when people retire from shitposting for free positions

>Jojo continues to shit the bed
lol

dont worry, part 4 is when shit goes down

Season 2 of Space Dandy isn't going to air, is it?

gits did, long after the movie hype

I'd be surprised if we got through season one. Space Dandy is the filleriest of the filler shows, they stick it on just to fill air space until they can get something else.

>block cant break 1mil
>sub-500k at midnight

HO LEE FUCK

>catch some low effort meme thread on Sup Forums years ago that made me smile
>make a few Toonami variants for a one night laugh
>still see them posted to this day
Kind of a good feel

Meme Clover and Jojo's Bizarre Memeventure: the ultimate competition to kill Toonami

in an alternate universe Turner saw the value in Toonami Jetstream as the first anime streaming service, and it holds the place that CrunchyRoll has in our universe

post yfw you do not live in the Toonami Jetstream universe

I need to start weening myself off Toonami.

What should I do for my saturday nights?

Whythe fuck do they have this block at 10:30-3:30. Can't be since weebs stay up late since if you get to that thier they just bootleg it. Would they be better if it was 8:30->12:30 since then people might be awake

To me Toonami is mostly a weekly event to look forward to. I never really got into DVDs or other forms of "watch it when you want to" type shit because if you marathon an entire series in a day, what the fuck else is there to do?

Have they shown terror in dissonance yet?

What would be the difference between the two be?

> a good half the posts in the thread are copypastas or someone desperately samefagging their demarco tsundere fantasies

wow without any news these threads are terrible.

How was Preflight? Did Demarco evade the DBZ Kai question?

he avoided the kai question
someone asked him to shut down toonami because of ryukosexdollfag
dandy might not get a full rerun because of legal issues with a new show
FLCL on the horizon

toonami is on life support, crunchyroll isnt

Earlier is worse for Toonami. We were doing way better starting at midnight

Yea. Pretty much all he said is Fairy Tail is an option when some of the other long runners wrap up

If Dandy isn't even getting a full rerun, why not just bring back some other show?

If he gets Fairy Tail, which is 200+ episodes of low stakes, then fuck this block. I'm not going as far as Sailor Moon Crystal guy, but still.

>he avoided the kai question
Confirmed to rerun.

nah we're getting GT Kai

what is Black chowder ????

Dandy getting a full rerun rides on its ratings, which starting off ain't so hot.

And come on, Crystal user put his dick on the line for us. Don't you care about Toonami?

Wizard Naruto.

>Don't you care about Toonami?
Not him but I stopped caring when I saw their pickups and saw how Demarco acts. Toonami was a lot more fun/better when they didn't have a huge budget to work with, so they can fill the block with endless shounen.

Nah, we're getting OG Dragonball Kai.

I can't watch Dragonball without Funi's original VAs

With the current crew Kid Goku would have the same voice as Monkey D Luffy

If JoJo is shitting the bed, Black Clover is having a massive diarrhea dump all over the house.

I feel like I'd get used to it. I got used to Gohan after all.

This shit better not end before the shitshow that is the end of the Chimera Ant arc. I want everyone else to experience it.