Anyone else here work in a cult like company...

Anyone else here work in a cult like company? Just started working at a Walmart distribution center and boy do they do alot of weird stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JOkQJm_UGM4
psychologytoday.com/blog/isnt-what-i-expected/201207/try-some-smile-therapy
youtube.com/watch?v=mk7qF2eXkgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo
youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2864134/I-hate-spending-money-admits-multi-billionaire-ex-wife-Google-founder.html
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/17/hillary-clintons-wal-mart-ties-breed-mistrust-amon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was hired on for Macys a few years back during their christmas season. They had this promotion where there was, like, this little cartoon girl on displays around the store and everything, and she was in our training videos and shit. That was fine and everything, just a dumb little marketing gimmick. Only management insisted that we talked and act like she was an actual living human being all the time. Literally, alluding to the fact that she was a fictional character could get you fired, especially if you did it in front of customers.

youtube.com/watch?v=JOkQJm_UGM4

Embrace it bro. Seriously, it's weird and unnatural, but if you just act like you enjoy it you will find yourself starting to enjoy it. It's a way to make a entry-level job survivable until you move up or onto something else. Kind of like how smiling actually improves your mood, doing the phoney baloney stuff will make it seem real. You have to get over being mr coolguy first though, and that can be hard.

I was thinking about taking a job at Google once. It's brainwashing central for child mentalities.

They have to keep people brainwashed.

That's all I can say.

You also get paid more than any other off the street entry job. I work at the one in Louisiana and make $20 an hour counting slots part of the day and the rest browsing pol on the computer.

Former Amazonian here. The major tech companies really do insist on all of their workers drinking the kool aid.

Tell us the story op

>smiling actually improves your mood
This isn't true and can actually make things worse

I interviewed with Tesla

Same

>Amazonian
What position

>Anyone else here work in a cult like company?

Yes the last office I worked in was full of far left types.

It was fucking horrible. The most miserable, lazy sacks of shit iv ever worked with.

Boy did I love getting office emails about "Diversity" and how we need to walk on egg shells around all the fags and non whites in the office.

I felt like I was back in high school. Not around functioning adults.

I started working with Hobby Lobby.
I thought these people were christian

For starters, we do this walmart cheer 3 times a day, and they have a very anti-union attitude that you'll get frowned upon even bringing it up

I work at walmart, the only weird part is the walmart meeting chant. The solution for most employees is to avoid morning meetings like the plague. Beyond that, as long as you work management leaves you alone. Hell, 90% of the time the store manager is running the fork truck or helping somewhere. Shart in mart is real, beginning of the month when everyone gets food stamps 1/5 reek of dried shit.

Started off as a letter carrier, now I supervise.
You want cult? I literally witness 3rd generation traditions having nothing to do with modern process, sports, politics, or family on a daily basis.

I'm waiting for someone to cut the throat of a dog in the parking lot while the staff all throw mail on it to chanting.

Three times? I only ever see it once at the morning meeting. The union thing just during training with that video.

>WalMart cheer

JUST

Like what? My best friend started working there recently

Sounds like a good plot idea for a Seinfeld episode

psychologytoday.com/blog/isnt-what-i-expected/201207/try-some-smile-therapy

Yeah not sure about stores, but the distribution centers do it 3x a day

a piece of me dies everyday

What kind of weird shit do they do?

On my second week working at an indie theater in Chicago. Most people working there are either normies or shitlibs, but the other day I had a conversation with a Marylin Manson-lookalike guy about how we both thought the holocaust was a crock of shit. So pretty good so far.

Tell me more OP.

My job and company has a certain culture but there really isn't anything weird about it.

There's nothing really weird about my shitty job other than they make you live and breathe the company. It's a sheetz if you're close to the Delmarva peninsula, wawa up north and Rutter's further south.

Live and breathe, by which I mean 10 hour days where you leave at 11pm and come to work at 6am, they set their schedules so that an overnight counts as a day off, so the common practice is to schedule you for weeks with no day off, but there's mandatory overnight which corporate counts as the day off.

In their mind, you began work at 9pm Friday, doesn't matter that you leave 7am Saturday, IT'S YOUR DAY OFF. From what I understand very few companies are so blithe about stealing your life force like this.

Oh well just a few more years

It's not really a strange thing, but I worked as a male nurse in a local hospital. It was alright, but being male was hard.
I was forced to apologise as soon as I treated a woman, even if it was just a basic treatment, like putting an IV solution. I was also being frowned upon by other female nurses because for some reason, people were trusting me more than them.
But I suspect it was just the part of the hospital I worked in, since the other people I worked with were okay and didn't have a problem with me being male.

I too work in a place dominated by females. I'm treated differently because half of them are sexually frustrated by me and the other half hold a grudge because I am not held at the mercy of my emotions and weak body, women are very vindictive and hard to work with every day.

I work at this hipster pizza place. The first Monday of every month is Free Hugs Day and we have to hug fellow employees. There's some cute hipster SJW girls working there so I can't complain that much, but still.

Oh yeah, we also make all the pizza delivery boxes pink for breast cancer awareness. Idk if that counts.

Worked with CTR Europe branch for some of the election (they wanted Europe to shame america about having Trump get as far as he did so Americans felt embarrassed supporting him) and they did lots of strange shit. There was the regular chants at the end of meetings, they sent all religious members a prayer for Hillary to use, In meetings the background of the meeting program we used, and some of the managers avatars (Who didn't use their face) were owls.
The weirdest thing that happened is one time my manager gave me a list of sites and this, what looked like, encrypted line of code and I was just told to enter it into these web-forms (no questions, no answers obviously).
It was pretty weird, and before you attack me we only went on here every now and again to see what you was up to and to try and find your twitter and facebook accounts to counter your claims, all the "CTR huurr" was either from a few members of the US or more than likley just bait masters.

Myself, not really. In game dev, and not with one of the big guys, so nothing big and culty.
My friend though, works at a major bank's corporate HQ. They were issued 'FLAIR PINS' recently, and were told that wearing it was mandatory at all times within the building, NO EXCEPTIONS. Even though they weren't interacting with the public, but only other employees.

I told her there is a 100% chance that big square pin contains an RFID chip, and is used to see where people go in the building, and likely be used in productivity numbers.
Now she leaves it pinned to her coat at her desk at all times. Fuck those juden banker overlords.

Yea I work at a chain gas station and they have cameras and sound to listen to the employees, very weird company things, like a shadow gov't that rules us but we have no contact with

I completely understand why people want communism, me and 4 other people literally run the business, but we make shit for money, i make the company tens of thousands of dollars a day, but see no compensation for that, just my shit hourly pay

got a raise of a few cents and it's more like a slap in the face, so im figuring out how I can start stealing money from them right when a new hispanic employee starts working, that way i wont get blamed

Fuck I've seen videos of these cheers, I feel secondhand horror just from watching it but partaking in it three times a day literally sounds soul crushing

First job I got out of university wasn't bad enough they made us touch other people, but they wanted us to go live in like a resort for several weeks as part of "boot camp" in a dorm and always go to cook outs and shit together.

It's a fucking software house. I'm not here to play fagball and schmooze with a nerdpile. I'm here to write software. Yeah, I opted out of that nonsense. And when the manager left a worried message on my machine like I was some 7 year old child lost in the night when I went back home after the end of the day instead of being bussed off to funcamp, I came in the next morning to drag her down to HR for a letter of resignation.

Oh god. As if having to work there wasn't degrading enough...

Doesn't uneducated trash work at walmarts in amerika? Even if they spit on your face and slap you like a little bitch you are gonna take it. That's what you deserve for being deplorable garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=mk7qF2eXkgQ

>What do we want to be?
>Accident FREEE!!!!

lol its like "how do we get these goyim to not get hurt so they dont sue us and get paid medical leave?"

>Being a Walmart slave
kek, thanks for making me happier of my life

I worked at a grocery store where the management was always watching us like big brother and they would always make us help the customer load their groceries into their car even if they didn't want the help. I wouldn't say that it was cultish but some of the protocol was a bit much for a grocery store.

don't most of your countrymen live like utter shit but claim to be superior than other Muslim countries even though you're all utter shit?

They tried shit like this where I work. Thank goodness it didn't last long.

I work at Walmart. I'm glad I never got to do the stupid cheer.

I'd be pretty put off if some pimply faced adolescent was always badgering me to help me load my stuff in my car to be honest, sounds like a shit tier marketing tactic

lol

exactly. We couldn't even keep tips either. And if the customer insisted, you would have just turn in the cash to the supervisor

>Panago Pizza, western Canada pizza chain
>2nd week working
>butterface wench pizza-maker Angie mentions the Earth is 6000 years old
>burst out laughing
>hahaha guess what everybody, Angie thinks the world is 6000 years old
>nobody joins in laughter; complete silence
>look around kitchen; straight faces all around
>chorus of "it is"
>invasion of the body snatchers

youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo

>Turkey

Everything in your country is shit. Shut the fuck up.

>by standing at this check out I'm making the big guys thousands, they'd be bankrupt if it wasn't for me and my genius carrying their sorry asses.
Kill yourself. Fuck! Clinton voter confirmed.

sounds like Mike Pence's kind of place

WHOSE WALMART IS IT?

ITS MY WALMART

Not gonna lie, the pays decent though, and I get OT

I used to work at Lowe's Hardware. Crazy place, don't go there.

On training day they showed us this one anti-union video that said unions were bad because they were about having someone else speak on your behalf. You know, like a representative democracy. The video also told everyone to be on the look out for anything pro-union like people handing out fliers or employees talking about deserving respect.

Just before i was fired for weed, they rolled out a new "millennial policy" they handed out a sheet to all the managers that had the name of everyone who was old enough to be a millennial on it, with three check boxes next to their names. The goal was to compliment the person 3 times per month for basically nothing to make them feel good and appreciated, because they did some study that said the crying liberals needed hugs periodically or they'd break down.

Fuck that place for real though. Who fills trucks with fridges on top of other fridges? There's no way to manage that besides slight of hand.

>i make the company tens of thousands of dollars a day

How? By creating the business model, obtaining the property, investing in inventory, human resources, and advertising?

Child mentalities as in their progressive SJW culture, or what? I'm at another similarly well-known Bay Area engineering company and I'm not sure what you're referring to.

>You want cult? I literally witness 3rd generation traditions having nothing to do with modern process, sports, politics, or family on a daily basis.

elaborate

Also thank fuck my company isn't drowning in kool-aid, someone mentioned on a mailing list that he was mildly disappointed by the election results and if he were at Google I'm fairly certain he would have been in big trouble for not openly catastrophizing it.

It doesn't come down to just one, but when everything is in primary colors chosen to align with the target demographic that's not really a good sign while it's also recalling the old plastic chairs and baby toys that came out of the same mindset that sold it to that age.

Did you grow up in Fag Area?

No I grew up in the DC area, I agree Google's interior design is pretty absurd

Worked at an amazon distribution center. It was a little weird.

I transplanted from a similar big city area when Google decided to gentrify my temporary place into another fuckfest. So of course they wanted me to come visit.

The only thing worse than literal neckbeard zones and trying to keep visitors away from seeing the gritty details because their security measures were all crap was seein them try to astroturf culture into a beautiful city in which I considered myself to be guest.

Kind of like the time they had a Google flag on top of their building without a US flag on top of it. I almost feel cucked they took it down before I had an excuse to go back and raise hell about it.

Armyfag here, 6 years of chanting and dressing the same as everyone else is soulcrushing af.

former amazoid

they have a system for managers to snitch on each other, so i have heard,
women and minorities sabotage other workers they feel "threatened' by (white men)

-cult of bolshevik educated atheist - Ayn Rand "objectivists"

they fired me for rate after shitty training by stupid womyn,
- get calls from recruiters now asking to come back offering up to $18 and hour, should i go back?

>cult like company
You mean like every company? Welcum ta urf

No, don't go back. They're just trying to arbitrage profit.

Only go back if you want to troll them a while and then laugh their faces.

zug zug

No, I've had decent ones, Pepsi Bottling group is pretty good, you do your job and just be cool with your coworkers

My prev job was bought by canadians.....
I quit
Sick ethics

Company went down, all quit

Lol, I worked at Amazon too. The indoctrination on the first day feels like I walked into a Scientology meeting.

How does the walmat chant go?

youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE

laysist!

1/2

panago lol

Orkanger - Fjord of the Orks
Also you got dem islands for dem programs north of Bretlandseyjar. Orkeyjar

details pls

Explain how that is legal in your state, or how Wawa exist?

Actually, not kool aid. Silicon Valley provides free carrot juice 24/7 which has caused several notable figures to have their skin turn orange from drinking too much complimentary carrot juice.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2864134/I-hate-spending-money-admits-multi-billionaire-ex-wife-Google-founder.html

You gotta remember, Silicon Valley is full of hipsters.

Kool aid is too plebeian for then to consider. They are all obsessed with juices and shit like Soylent.

Heck, Steve Jobs was wacky enough to go on All Fruit Diets.

So yeah, they want you to drink weird ass hipster juice in real life and not actually kool aid like regular food.

That is why there are actual juice startups in Silicon Valley.

Bunch of freaks, all of them.

In my opinion, the only juice you should be drinking if you feel like juice is orange juice or lemonade but not too much.

Everything in moderation after all.

Costco seems an alright place to work but who knows how Costco will change when their senior citizen CEO kicks the bucket.

Wendy's turned to shit when their Old Man Senior Citizen CEO passed away too.

Sorry leaf, I can't name the comp due to this low pop. Also beeedz.

>Be old comp
>Get bought by SJW cucks
>Fire boss
>....Put female boss
>Sick culture SICK
>treat people like shit
>think canadian law applies here
>illegal contracts
>illegal activities
>just bought us cuz they sucked and didn't get into the marked they wanted
>canucks been on buying spree
>psycho CEO
I wish I could link comp
>start firering people here and there without reason, illegal
>fucks people over as fuck
you should see ratemyemployer.ca on this shit
>rest quit
>gone
>to stupid to understand the good code
>have to put down the projects because they suck so badly
Everyone quit or got illegally fired
>hacked people.....
>surveilance shit detected....

Always when they don't show your their code, it's for a reason, they suck

Glad I'm out of that shitfest, ruined my life and others. One guy even ended up at a mental asylum...

Another one got burned out for 2nd time, lost his wife...

Some started to abuse alkihol

Gone

My regret is that I didn't change job with once I got the news, we read about the comp and went WTF MAN

Don't bother follow, but I bet they've lost most of their customers which couldn't get, because they are poo-tier.

Many swapped to competitors and strengthened them, our one and only mayor rival.

FUCK EM

How'd you get employed there, and where do you reside?

I am now quite content to have been a NEET my whole life. Thank you all.

For that pay rate at Walmart, you would have had to have worked there for 20 years.
Kind of sad....

>walmart cheer

AHAHA WHAAAT

Applied online, if I told you, you'd know, it's in California

Go to a one in the morning

Get a job at ALDI fampai
They cut right through all the corporate bullshit
At least in Germany that is

explain this indoctinaion process plz

I fucking got a job with good pay, but was promised shit and people wanted me to stay, as I was da wicked coder

Said no to job, should have said yes. Had to work in Oslonistan though, but you can trainings there....

Stupid shit should just taken the job and say fuck off

>Culture crash lol
>Like with shell and the oil shit

>Be shell bossings of sort(you always got so many boss shit and useless crap)
>Gets up in workers face and yells at him
>Gets knocked the fuck down
GET UP
>b-..b ..but I iz boz
I DON'T CARE GET UP
>noes you will hit me crazy norseman
GET THE FUCK UP
>nooooooooo

you can find this one, it's pretty interesting

Your grandfather over here he is a brute
>Dat 1m distance
is not what you think
>Keep that 1m so if you tempt your self, I will beat the shit out of you

Rec video, reading.

Had to educate the cucks about the culture here.
>We don't give a shit who you are
>Get up in our face like he did
>Get beaten up
>Even police

Happened to brits too in the 1800ds, and burgers later

I've seen their postings but they only hire like 4-5 people a store and you do everything

Typical liberal . Hows therapy, snowflake?

We have had 2 major walmart locations near Tampa close for 6 months each over the last 2 years for "plumbing problems." Turns out the staff was very close to unionizing so corporate pulled the plug. 6 months was long enough for them to let everyone go with no reason and not have to retain anyone.

Anti-unionism is nice though

So this was the whole Able Danger Walmart death camp scare. I knew it. None of the tinfoilers would listen.

Take video of your morning chants and stretches

Macys is making anime real

Paper mill here, not cult-like at all, but there are certain memes and specific types of banter which only exist here

i work as a techie at staples

it's actually chill as fuck and i can be 5 min late everyday and boss still likes me a lot

From the time they were here in Germany I know that they did a lot of stuff that people described as "scientology-like". And who is, of course, tied to that cult-like company?

washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/17/hillary-clintons-wal-mart-ties-breed-mistrust-amon/

Work in the silicon valley for big data. My company is full of old white and indian and asian men who don't give a shit about these weird cult invocation rituals.
The faggot yuppies my age are weird though....lots of cringeworthy shit.
Some DUDEWEEDLMAO queer in my office got the other yuppies to yell "Thats hella nuggets!" whenever they complete an assignment. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
There are like 3 other people my age in the whole office that aren't obnoxious ritualist weirdos

Quit cockteasing. What kind of weird shit.

sliding

but are there many bears here?

post the sites