KSBD/K6BD

Kill Six Billion Demons, Mamon really is blind edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qu_rItLPTXc
youtube.com/watch?v=PvV3z-XG2JA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Mammon is senile
Feels bad man. Reminds me of my grandparents.

“Once, on the road, Prim met a meditating sage who had spent most of his life on top of a flat rock. They had black bread and shared some ajash, as was custom. The sage was thankful, as the road was not very frequently traveled in those days and he was very near the point of starvation. During his conversation, he was delighted to learn of Prim’s extensive mastery of Empty Palms and the fifty five earthly purities. Delighted, and as payment for his meal, he taught Prim the meaning of watchfulness.

This was the old breathing and cold-atum technique often used by warrior monks in those days. It ran through the following methodology:

Build a tower, and make it impregnable. Make every stone so tightly sealed that no insect can squeeze through, no grain of sand can make it inside. Your tower must have no windows or doors. It must not accept passage by friend or foe. No weapon, no act of violence, and not one mote of love may penetrate its stony interior.

“Why build the tower this way?” said Prim?

“It will make you invincible,” said the sage, “This is the way of Ya-at slave monks. Their skin is like iron, and so are their hearts. They are inured to death and fear. Grief shall never find them, and neither shall weakness.”

1/2

Prim thought a moment, and came upon a realization, for she was wise, obedient, and an excellent daughter. “If a man built a tower this way, he would quickly starve, no matter how strong he became.”

The sage was even more delighted. “Yes,” he said, “There is a better way, and I will teach it to you:

Once you have built your tower, you must deconstruct it, brick by brick, stone by stone. You must do it meticulously and carefully, so that while you leave no physical trace of it remaining, your tower is still built in your mind and your heart, ready to spring anew at a moment’s notice.

You can enjoy the fresh air, and eat fine meals, and enjoy a good drink with your friends, but all the while your tower remains standing. You are both prisoner and warden. This is the hardest way, but the strongest.”

Prim saw the wisdom in this, and quickly made to return to the road, but the sage stopped her before she left.

“As you to your earlier remark,” the sage said, “The man who builds his tower but cannot take it apart again – that man is at the pinnacle of his strength. But that man will surely perish.”

2/2

mammon is best dragon grandpa

I am now reading Mamon's lines in Iroh's voice

and now you are too.

>your face when friendly granpa dragon ask our heroine to put him out his misery

>it must have been very important to me at one point.
Abby no, stop making me feel bad for the Smaug stand in. Grandaddy mammon confirmed best boi.

wow that Oglaf comic is spot on, nice old dude with a bunch of ultraviolent dumbasses following him around screaming chants all the time

God damn it, I am.

IA! IA! Pity the dragon!

>It must have been important to me at some point
Feels bad, feels extremely bad.

Well shit, guess we know how he's master of the tower now.

Emotionally, mentally and spiritually starved old dragon going senile in a palace of invincibility and worldly power. Killed everybody and pushed everything out for blind ambition but lost everything in return.

Which oglaf was that now?

ally gonna kill this nice old grandpa and everyones gonna hate her for it

>All that wealth
>all those atrocities
>all that power
>it's worth nothing in the end

I think user's talking about the one with the cultists who think that they're god is a sadistic asshole (who they zealously praise). Turns out he's a chill dude but released his holy book when he was in his emo phase.

That's a pretty cool page.

So how is she going to get him back into action and the path of royalty? I wanna say she restores his mind somehow or takes the one thing he actually learned to love away.

Shit I was all for the kill up until now. Damn you.

Mammon doesn't even care if someone's gonna steal from his vault so long as they wait for him to finish counting it. He actually seems genuinely please Alison apologized-- the fact he calls her a visitor rather than an intruder is also rather telling.

This lizard's gonna make me sad, isn't he?

>Priests of the Count care more about the Count than about Mammon
So that's how it feels to be the pope

Mammon feels a lot nicer than the genocidal greed monster we've been told about.

Do you think that big line of people are all just waiting for him to finish counting so they can steal his shit with his permission?

OH shit, did he learn to love Zaid like a son? That could be the plot point that gets him proper annoyed and on track.
We could get senile Grandaddy Mammon trying to teach the new ruler of the universe because his family is all dead and he doesn't remember why.

>he didn't even realize Zaid was there

I was reading it in the voice of Treebeard from the LotR movies, for some reason.

he traded pity for ambition
ambition for atrocities
atrocities for gold
gold for power
in the end, he traded power for pity.

oof
ouch
owie
my christendom

Nah I got the sinking feeling he's on he back of that dragon for some reason.

Zaids either going to be precious to him or he doesn't register he exists and has just been chilling with he priests of he count in their village somewhere.

It's because of Mamon's impressive facial hair

Something like this.

Just remember, at some point he was so genocidal and greedy that he spawned an entire cult of people who were so sorry for him that they decided to lock themselves up in the Vault with him and help him count all his blood money.

I hope Abbadon won't go down the same road he did with Mottom - the Demiurge is said to be a figurative monster, Allison meets them and they're nice for a while, but then they start being genocidal demigods again, and beatdown ensues. Not that it wasn't good in Mottom's case, Ballroom Brawl pages were one of my favourites.

>ITT: people pitying the Dragon
smdh
don't play the Priests' game!
The Dragon is cunning, and a monster.
A giant, rotten monster who's eating Throne away, bits by bits.

Allison got to get rid of him and the cancerous institution that is his Bank.
Warning: 000001 is probably going to be the crazy bitch trying to stop Allison of doing what's to be done.

Speaking of Mottom, we still don't know why her palace entered the Throne, and where are all the Pursuers.
I'm still impressed by Abbadon's ability to design them all, and then kill most of them off in around 10 pages.

>Tail curled around the small pillars.
I bet he uses them to find his way around, like bumpy sidewalks made for blind people with canes.

Such a cool card for my Gitrog deck.

Mottom was kind of a cunt from the start though. Sure we got to see a friendlier side of her and she tried to play the sympathy card with the story about her husband, but we got to see what she was like right from the start. With Mammon we only have the stories of his history to tell us how bad he used to be, but here in his first actual appearance he comes across, as people have put it, like a senile grandpa.

DRAGON FEELS INCOMING
youtu.be/Qu_rItLPTXc

Abbadon said that the Demiurges are villains because they are stagnant beings, not worthy of their Royalty. They're each gonna end up being hypocrites and/or paper tigers, but I suspect that they won't all be carbon copies of Mottom. Already, Mamon is shaping out to be stagnant in a different way, and the faults of Solomon David and Gog Agog were hinted at back in book one.

IA! IA! Pity the Dragon!

Really not a fan of the last panel, he looks a lot smaller after him seeming so massive during the last few pages.

That's a good catch user, I think you might be right.

>GLORY
>FLAME
>TOWER
So, what other 5-letter words do you think the other Demiurges are bearers of?
I'm betting that Solomon David is bearer of the word SWORD.

Holy shit.
Mamon is adorable.

>one of the funnest combo-pieces ever, reduced to EDH trash
Sad!

Perspective is a hell of a thing

and maybe that's the point brother

>BLOOD
and nah, if anything Jagganoth is SWORD

Nah, Jagganoth is DEATH. That is, unless Gog Agog is DEATH.

why the fuck are you people making up words that aren't part of the name

we already know jagganoth is beast

But user, EDH is really fun, as long as you play in the right environment.

>and maybe that's the point brother
jfc you just enlightened me
Crazy theory, but what if it was... intentional?

>In a world of mammon we have found it all
>Fighting for pride and for gold
>But the key to the reign: to the ultimate control:
>Wisdom of the old

so, they lost a whole team of hero, but they could have just called him and pretend to be the cable guy to get in. GG Alyson

>cable guy
You mean VCR repair man?

Should have trailed the meals on wheels delivery to seniors to break into the vault instead of getting btfo by traps.

So all of this mess is because the Priests of the Count are essentially the greedy relatives of a rich senile old man who are isolating him and fighting over him for a share of the inheritance.

Gross. The Priests are gross.

>I bet Ally defeats him by convincing him to give all of his money away to charity.
>Then the Priests all fug off because that's the only reason they were there.

I doubt anyone can get into the fractal fortress

Yre is Mammon's tower. Can't get in, can't get out, except by breaching it.

Yep, that's about the exact characterization I was hoping for.

This is already town, but not all are five letter words.

GLORY, TOWER, FLAME, DIAMOND, BLADE, MIND, BEAST

The green devil (Charon?) gets in and kills him before Allison can stop him.

Oh, and we already know that Jagganoth is the Beast.

Leaving Blade, Diamond, and Mind for Jadis, Solomon, and Gog-Agog.

I guess this is going to go the way of a mercy killing? Alison can't leave Grandpa Mammon walking around like that even if she finds Zaid.
Also, if Mammon is senile, then who is controlling approximately one-seventh of all universes? I suppose the first priest of the count is the one with the true power here.

at the end of the day all Mammon needed was Jimmy McGill

You know, I think Aku makes more sense. At least, in my head it sounds clearer.

user... They're voiced by literally the same people.

The involuntary loss of power through weakness and stagnancy seems a recurring theme. Mottom felt she couldn't feed her subjects and feared they'd eventually rise against her. Mammon's suffering is prolonged by the priesthood he created. Jadis is so broken that she is completely at the mercy of her servants, and cannot even communicate without relying on their dubious interpretations. I suspect Incubus might be in a similar situation as his addicted kings must get their fix. Gog-Agog is a media celebrity, and we all know the trappings of that particular power.

000001 is gonna be the villain here. Mammon may not be innocent, but currently he is a senile immortal dedicated to a neverending task. He may have been a monster, but in his current state he is worthy only of pity. His suffering will never end unless somebody slays him, and 000001 is a priestess who has enshrined her own god.

>user... They're voiced by literally the same people.
Which is the reason I linked them in the first place.

(Besides, not every role done by the same has to have the exact same voice. Voice actors are literally being paid to do a voice that is distinctly the character's, not their own.)

I've been hearing it in what's-his-fuck's voice from dark souls 3 that old twisted king
OOOOCEELOOOT

So how's Mottom gonna fuck shit up in Yre? Is the new war between the demiurges gonna start with her invading Yre?

If he gets mercy killed then what about the demi urge power equibilirium.

well if the theory that 000001 holds all the real power is correct than it might not actually matter too much

i feel so vindicated and hope every user who said he wasn't blind enjoys the taste of crow.

also loving the earlier update times. I was tired of having to read tuesdays comic on Wednesday mornings.

>They are inured to death and fear.
Wait, what?

verb
past tense: inured; past participle: inured
accustom (someone) to something, especially something unpleasant.
"these children have been inured to violence"
synonyms: harden, toughen, season, temper, condition; More
LAW
come into operation; take effect.
"a release given to one of two joint contractors inures to the benefit of both"

She manages the bank but he still has the key.

Huh, so everyone was right when they theorized he was a poor sighted senile old dragon.

Gonna make it much worse when he snaps and displays how cruel and monstrous he truly is.

No, it would matter very much. Even though Mammon is senile, gaining full control over a Key seems to take time to master. Everything is barely balancing now with the other 6 just matching Jagganoth's power. The new owner of Mammon's Key would need time to get control of the Key's power, which would then throw off the rest of the Demiurge's powers and allow Jagganoth to take over.

>Mottom
>Doing shit to Mammon's territory
According to Abaddon, Mammon is stronger than Mottom, mostly thanks to his prodigious size

yes, but the way Emissaries work is that the demiurge lends them their power.

If Mammon is busy doing nothing but counting, maybe he gave most of his power to her? I do like the idea people in this thread have come up with, that she and the Priests are like scummy relatives, and convinced Mammon to give her power

'it would make things so much easier for you, let me handle it Grand Dragon'.

'o-oh yes, that sounds good...anyways, 5567686...'

Mammon is described as the weakest demiurge

even weaker than Jadis post-entombing, which is really something

if Mammon is going senile and blind, what's to tell that she isn't siphoning off the key's power to herself?

Mottom gained her key by killing her husband in his sleep. It sounds like the transferring of power is relatively simple, but made difficult because of the wearers power.

Huh, I read it as injured the first time and did a double take, then couldn't recognize the word.

youtube.com/watch?v=PvV3z-XG2JA

If you think Mammon being senile and having bad eyes makes him powerless, you are sorely, sorely mistaken. Abaddon has outright said in his comic if you see an old, crippled guy he is actually incredibly powerful.

Not to mention, Mammon is still a fucking Demiurge, with centuries of experience, an immense size, and is still a tyrant.

>The involuntary loss of power through weakness and stagnancy seems a recurring theme.
How much do you want to bet that Solomon David spends 23.999 hours a day on bureaucratic busywork and is still waiting for edicts he made a century ago to work their way through the system?

I don't know if you can be a tyrant if all you've done is sit around for the past several hundred years. Tyrant-in-retirement.

I thought Mottom gained her key before. There's a page of her as one of the survivors of the war.

a re-tyrant-ment if you wil.

well yeah, but that was before the Universal War. Back in the day there were like, hundreds if not thousands of demiurges hanging out.

Doubtful, his empire was described as super efficient.

That would explain what Mottom said at the concordance of the demiurges back in book one. "You still think you're the hero."
I bet Solomon David is basically just Robbert Baratheon: a hero who never really wanted to be a king and is waiting for his last good fight.

why did you do this to me user, mamon's going to die probably now i'm not ready for it anymore

I'd say he's much too smug to be Robert

Kill Six Billion Demons? More like Kill Six Billion Grandparents. haha jakls;flakdm

This. his final fight is gonna be a smugoff with Allison

>If you think Mammon being senile and having bad eyes makes him powerless, you are sorely, sorely mistaken.
This. He is still a greedy old dragon; just a very patient one who wastes his time counting instead of sleeping.

Oh no :(

It's unclear if its the key in its entirety, or a fragment from before the second conquest.

You're right, I looked back through the questions and I must have remembered it wrong, but it did bring up an important fact for folks like
Who think Mammon is just some dumb old dragon being used by some no name goon
>Q-All all the demiurges (our great Red God excluded now and the Master key, of course) as powerful as each other? Is it all down to the keys in their foreheads, or does the individual its in determine the power they can wield?

>A-Some are definitely more powerful than others (in personal abilities). Probably the rankings I’d have to go with are Jagganoth > Jadis (pre-entombing) > Solomon >Gog-Agog > Incubus > Mottom > Jadis (post-entombing) > Mammon.

>Mammon only for reasons that will become apparent in the next book. He’s a monster - he’s called the Grand Dragon for a reason.
Mammon is still a monster, don't think he's worthless just cause he's a little forgetful

>Doubtful, his empire was described as super efficient.
For an empire of 111,111 universes with possibly QUADRILLIONS of people, 100 year latency on certain things might actually be super efficient.

In any case, much of that efficiency might be due to the work of one immortal desk slave. The general idea is that his empire has grown too big for him to keep it running smoothly and enact major changes at the same time.