As an aspiring showrunner, this board is the worst thing that could have ever happened to me...

As an aspiring showrunner, this board is the worst thing that could have ever happened to me. Not so much because it's discouraged me from trying, but because it's made me bitter and jaded and given me the impression that my potential audience is a bunch of entitled brats who will never be satisfied with anything and as such deserve nothing but contempt from me and my crew.

Stop visiting anytime, then.

Sounds like you were given the right idea then.
You're welcome.

That's literally this entire site, if not the internet at large. Mass bickering with little content being produced. Solidus died for nothing.

Next I suppose you'll tell me I can just quit smoking instantly.

Sup Forums is a small board compared to birds like Sup Forums and Sup Forums so the Sup Forums minority is even smaller than you think
Don’t worry about Sup Forums
Most of the oldfags who cares about cartoons are gone anyway

Anno is that you?

Are we THAT repulsive?

I'm really asking. I know Sup Forums is full of tards, but I always thought people didn't take it too seriously.

I've always wondered why writers/creators all seem to hate their fanbases now, and I'm seriously interested in your perspective.

I've been seeing a lot of OPs like this recently, complaining about Sup Forums for being a bunch of meanies, are they all done by just one insecure guy? How pathetic can you get? If you don't like Sup Forums then go away and stop spamming the board with your whining.

Keep trying user, as long as I haven't given up you shouldn't either.

I always thought the point of Sup Forums was that we embraced that we were edgy and fucking stupid. It's a horrible place but I think it's supposed to be taken lightly. It's all a big in-joke when you think about it.

I'm also curious like this user. Half of the big time showrunners started here, why would you hate your kin? Most likely to get liberal bonus points , but still. If I had a show it would be full of weird fucking references to the internet including this place. If anything this place inspired me to rise up and make something good for once. Whether it was cringy drawthreads or Calarts bashing threads, it all made me want to do better. Sup Forums is honest and pushes people to keep going, not some liberal hugbox that comforts you even if your stuff is shit. Be thankful for this brilliantly fucked up place user, it gives the world a much needed reality check every once in a while.

An audience is a collection of people. People can be entitled fuckasses. People can also be sweet and inspirational. A showrunner must work with entitled fuckasses. It's a natural cost and consequence of making a living as a creative.

Focus only on creating quality content. Not for the sake of an imaginary audience, but for the sake of the creative appetites driving you.

Popularity is fickle. Your audience is fickle. Talent honed through years of experimentation and creative exploit is not fickle.

Sounds like you don't have what it takes to be a showrunner. You should look at another line of work.

You have two options, bub: either you pander to us, or you pander to tumblr. If you don't want ratings greater than two-figure numbers, that is.

He was right all along. He tried to warn us, but we didn't listen.

Or, OP– and this is just a suggestion– you fucking do your job and make cartoons for the audiences they’re intended for and ignore stupid-ass shitty online fandom wankery, like a professional.

>ignore stupid-ass shitty online fandom wankery, like a professional.
No business does this anymore. Even local schools in rural town have their own twitter and facebook pages. Ignoring the internet is like ignoring the light of sun-- cancer and all.

>No business does this anymore.

ITT: anons who don't know anything about business.

You stupid nerd, you know I meant he shouldn’t let it influence his work. I didn’t mean he should go off the grid and become a hermit. You silly goose. You dum-dum.

>Sup Forums is honest and pushes people to keep going, not some liberal hugbox that comforts you even if your stuff is shit.
This. Sup Forums will always be leagues above Tumblr, Reddit, Twitter and the like because the userbase is typically straight with people. You know where Sup Forums stands 80% of the time whereas the other sites are too wishy-washy. It doesn't hold it's tongue for the sake of brownie points.

>aspiring showrunner
Have you actually done ANYTHING or are you just an idea guy that writes random little blurbs about episodes for Sup Forums threads? Who the fuck are you to hold anyone in contempt, especially a potential future audience?

You can if you aren't a weak willed faggot.

OP you don't have what it takes. To make a good show you have to not give a shit and make something true to your vision. Make it as radical as you can. Because when you're done haggling with networks they'll have watered down your show to make it more marketable, your best bet is that what is left after that is still somewhat true to your vision. If you start from a stance of compromise and appeasement then you're not going to have anything remotely interesting in your story and anyone you pitch it to will fall asleep in their chair before you're done screening it.

As an aspiring tripfag, who the fuck cares about you or your nonexistent show?
Thread hidden, SWAT called, dubs checked, pancakes flipped, shiggies diggied.

>my potential audience is a bunch of entitled brats who will never be satisfied with anything
You don't have to visit this board to learn that, user.

>Sup Forums
>The intended demo for animation

It's far worse than that, It's children

Look, Sup Forums isn't the audience for mainstream cartoons. That audience is literal children, who are amused by basically any dreck you can grind out with Korean wrists, or normies. If you want to appeal to Sup Forums half of your work is done if you provide them waifus; the ongoing popularity of The Loud House is more than proof of this. This should also be reason enough to treat Sup Forums with contempt.

>waah random strangers on the internet aren't gargling my cum

yeah, the 100-200 manchildren that post here will really have an affect on your work

Just don't make the main characters faggy or "diverse" and you'll be fine.

>Sup Forums is a small board compared to birds like Sup Forums and Sup Forums
Sup Forums is eight biggest board on the site. We're one of the few boards with a 500 postlimit for a reason. Not even Sup Forums has a 500 postlimit.

Which in hindsight always made it ridiculous how little of a shit Moot gave about is. At least Hiro listens to us from time to time.

...why? Aside from shipperfaggotry wars, contrarianism and /tvpol/ crossposters turning genuine discussion threads to cancer I haven't seen many near unanimously agreed upon opinions that didn't at least have some merit to them on here.

I too want to be a showrunner (or at least write my own comics/graphic novels) and Sup Forums hasn't really done anything except show me genuinely honest opinions and reasons to push myself harder as a creator.

Can you tell us what sort of things are so disheartening to you?

That just means you're an asspie, user. If you get easily affected by what other think on a image board, then it's your fault

Just go and try whatever you want, user