What changed, Sup Forums?

What changed, Sup Forums?

Went on a lot longer than Pen ever could have foreseen and they tried to keep it fresh.

Speaking of the initial pitch I'm always confused that the whole Bubblegm/Marceline frenemies thing was never in the actual show, even before the lesbian stuff they never hung out and when they did they just seemed to dislike each other and not be friendly rivals. I think that dynamic would have been really fun and it's a shame it never existed.

They realized they couldn't keep creating new fresh AND interesting ideas every episode so they opted to draw ideas out over the course of a season or so
Remember when Sup Forums hated this show because it was lolrandumb?
I do, I didn't agree and I loved the show, but now all anyone talks about is how bad the show is now that they stopped being quite as random and gave the show more structure
Character arcs, recurring villains and themes, artsy experimental episodes, etc

AT will always be an above average show, fuck the haters

It got popular, which gave the crew licence to do pretty much whatever the fuck they wanted.

Agree on PB/Marceline. We did get a little bit of that dynamic in Sky Witch, but I wish there was more.

I think when production on the show actually began a lot more people were involved, and that meant allowing them some creative control to tell stories they wanted to tell (as was the philosophy of Ward), a lot of the boarders focus on other stuff rather than pairing the two of them, and when they finally interacted on screen in WWM, it created a new, rather vague dynamic that was expanded on going forward.

I don't know how much mileage they could have gotten out of the original dynamic, but I don't think the two of them have ever really been fun together the way it turned out, which is kind of sad.

>Remember when Sup Forums hated this show because it was lolrandumb
They still do, it's just less prevalent now because the only people who care to talk about it are the people who like/liked it

You did. You got old. You chump.

In AT's defense everything listed there is still true, except replace Finn being a silly kid with him being a somewhat less silly young adult.
I think even with everything that happened in the show Finn and Jake have consistently been a cool duo of dudes who care about each other and are fun to watch.

Though it always was kind of funny how Pen described Jake as having "a big kind heart" since Jake is kind of an apathetic jerk when it comes to things that don't involve Finn or Lady.

We're older, more jaded and cynical.

>09.28.08 - Adventure Time is being made at Cartoon Network and my days are full of things to do.
wew

wha

what did he mean by this

Based on your picture, nothing. the show still focuses on Finn and Jake and their relationship more than anything

little boys are bashful but still wanna get it

He meant that /ss/ is the bomba. Dur.

basically these. I'm sure Penn was expecting his show to get canceled after only a season or two. But it proved it be super popular, and now suddenly he had to develop a mythos and a canon and character arcs and backstories and a direction for the series to go in.

He did pretty well until season 4(?), when he got burnt out and quit. But the show was more popular than ever, and staffed with season veterans, so they let people do their own pet projects because why not?

It worked ok for a little bit, but then you started to get weird experiential episodes that didn't always work. And without a strong leader with a clear vision, the story got pulled in a different million directions, and became a tangle of unresolved plots and arcs. Now everybody was burnt out.

But I guess Penn is back and he's trying to wrap the whole mess up in a neat little package and good luck with that.

They try to kiss the cute little boy as an apology but Finn's into it in a different way then they are and is flustered about it

But, I still like simple, fun, and optimistic cartoons

I think the show aged more than I did

it's so weird that AT was already being made so far back when Pen was still working on Flapjack

When Adventure Time ends it'll be fun to look back from its rise of near PPG popularity to decline

>Adventure Time reboot in 2029
Get ready.

Are you sure it's not still simple, fun and optimistic? What if you were oblivious/didn't-care about continuity and background of the main characters?

Its more weird to me that Flapjack was so long ago.

I still don't care about continuity or background the characters, the problem is the show spends an inordinate amount of time having characters mope about it, or almost as bad, not doing anything thing at all. I mean, they had all the main characters at basically a private pool and all they did was quietly read, then tell a confusing backstory about someone no one cares about.

Yeah, it still seems recent, even more so when you go back an watch an episode, it doesn't feel a day older than the first time.

The worst episode for me was when they were given the opportunity to go on an adventure and Finn said "nah" so a bunch of side characters went instead.

What the fuck.
Deep Purple was the episode, IIRC

Adventure Time will always be a wild fucking ride of a show. Even the bad episodes are best kind of "what the fuck" out there. It's duty was to be weird and funny and it definitely did so.

That was Jake talking him out of it because Jake is lazy, but I still agree. I would have been fine with the concept if they didn't tease a better adventure gang in front of my face.
Finn/Jake/BMO/Marcy is a way more interesting team than Susan and two randos.

the show always had a "Finn's coming of age arc" component to it, it's jut that pretty much all of the production staff never developed emotionally past 12-14 so they hit a wall writing for him at that pint.

Finn's left foot looks like his penis

>AT will always be an above average show
it gave us Sup Forums's goddess, Maggie

Absolutely based and this

where is this from?

Not much, I think. I guess Finn the human grew up and became of a spaz with a thirst for adventure, a yearn for new things to discover.

Some of my favorite episodes of recent are still centered around Finn and Jake. That one where it's just them hanging out on a cloud, the one where they visit their parents' old house.

I'm assuming part of the show pitch since that's where the rest of this tread's contents are from.
Looks like either a pitch for the characters or one of the early episode suggestions or something.

Adam is still showrunner
Heck outsid of boarding a few EPA pen's less involved now than he was in seasons 5.2 and 6 (where he was still involved in outlines even though he had stepped down from being showrunner)

This

He reportedly came back to work on the finale.

when the FUCK is the finale airing?