Disney Animation Sets Staff "Day of Listening" Amid Speculation Over John Lasseter's Fate

hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-animation-sets-staff-day-listening-speculation-john-lasseter-s-fate-1080339

Anybody working in the Mouse House wanna give their perspective?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mCSxbIvpE4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Only now when it's advantageous to virtue signal all day on Twitter do people start coming out with stories like this

They can all rot. Especially the cucks who were paid to shut up about real cases of harassment in the workplace. "Bravely speaking out", my ass.

What’s his name again Sup Forums?

John Lasseter

Lasseter was a hack and I'm glad he got taken down a peg.

but he gave you so much entertsinment, saved disney from abyss, why do you hate him so much?

They're all coming out now because they would've lost their jobs or been blacklisted in the past.

John "made a pass at her" Lasseter
John "pounded her so hard it hurt" Lasseter
John "lass eater" Lasseter

Oh great, we can have a day of listening to man hating dykes, instead of ignoring their impotent bitching like we used to do. Feminism is going to be the death of this country

I'd say protecting your fellow employees is more important than keeping your job

So they swallowed their dignity to get their dream jobs?

Actresses like Selma Hayek whored themselves to be as famous as they are.

Fired Chris Sanders
The entire Cars franchise
Squandering that "Imagineering creative supervisor" role on bland Pixar attractions
Was perfectly fine with turning Pixar into a sequel factory despite having shut down the direct to video sequels unit.

Overall, being ascribed way too much power when pretty much every member of the Pixar Brain Trust is more talented then him.

>So they swallowed their dignity to get their dream jobs?

I don't work for Disney but that's the basic gist of this.

In 201X you have to be fucking delusional to want to work for them to begin with. The pay isn't that great and they work in a creepy walled off compound that always gives me cult compound vibes at places like that. When I was in school NOTHING would stop delusional people from wanting to work there. Not the dehumanizing corporate atmosphere. Not the multiple revelations of how shitty the company is over the years(remember, they were wage fixing for YEARS to fuck their employees and their CEO's were unapologetic for it), not the obvious fake glitz of it, not the logistical impossibility of moving out to work there for such a low pay with costs as they are. They're basically the most rabid part of the fanbase but now they want to join the machine. You can show them this and a hundred other forms of proof that the heads of these studios don't give a fuck and will eat them alive for the smallest convenience and it won't matter.

Right before I graduated I took a bunch of live action courses and basically just alternate between storyboard contracts and live action filmmaking. I make way more and have way more freedom for it.

what

Getting rid of John Lasseter seems so foolish. He may be a bit obsessed with Cars, but he seems like a jolly guy.

Article goes on to talk about replacements. Pete Docter would be okay. They surprisingly didn't mention Brad Bird. It did bring up Rich Moore, Byron Howard, & Jennifer Lee. Rich Moore & Byron Howard I get but Jennifer Lee? She's only been in the industry since 2012, worked on five movies during her entire career, & really has not headed a project.

Chris Sanders was practically trying to get fired from Disney. When he began work on American Dog (Bolt), it sounded atrocious. (Mrs.) Mittens was a misnamed male with an eye patch & the hamster was large due to radioactivity.

John "I Gave You Hugs, Now Give Me Fugs" Lasseter

People want to make movies that define childhoods. That's the appeal with Disney.

Are you happy with your living?

You heard me

It wouldn't be impossible for you to get another animation job. Theatrical and television animation for example don't cross over much, especially these days with television hiring a bunch of indie comics people to work on their projects.

>When he began work on American Dog (Bolt), it sounded atrocious
It's all about execution, NOT concept. And Chris has shown he can make weird or trite concepts work on film through his skill and charm as a director.

Do you even remember anything from Bolt? That John Travolta played the dog? No one cares.

>risking so much for some random people you barely know

Not everyone has mommy and daddy to pay the bills for them.

It's called "being creative". You think that guy who wanted to created a disney movie about dystopia where characters were punished for having feelings with electric shocks was trying to get himself fired too? You stick to your idea and fight tooth and nail to put it in your movie. Otherwise you're a pansy who listen to executives who want to make as much money as possible of you.

no shit, or maybe they would have made more money. regardless that is what true bravery is in such cases. it does not matter how you view snowden but you have to admit that if he had done what he did 20 years and 5 pay offs layer, it would have less meaning

true that
youtube.com/watch?v=mCSxbIvpE4Q

I hope this convinces the Academy to vote for Breadwinner or Loving Vincent (not that Coco was a bad movie but Disney/Pixar always winning gets boring).

or maybe doubling down on the electro shock thing will fuck up the movie.

like man sometimes feedback's a good thing m'dude.

I remember that Bolt got an Oscar nom for Best Animated Feature instead of pic related.

Are we seriously doing this again?

That got a nomination in a better category.

I’m just done with all these fucking witch hunts. This whole idea of destroying everything with a sledgehammer is erroneous and will only be remembered only in a negative way.

No women. I’m fucking tired of this shit

A radioactive hamster? That's just absurd. I don't see creativity in that.

BOO HOO HE LOOK AT ME FUNNY SO HE RAPED ME

BETTER FIRE ALL THE MEN FOR NO REASON SO WE WOMYN CAN RUN THEIR COMPANIES INTO THE GROUND

#METOO
#GIRLPOWER
#TIMESUP

Relax. It's not like they're going to scrub his name off the credits of everything he was involved with.

It's not that a woman would be bad, it's just that none are qualified for such a position.

absolutely fucking disgusting

>Day of Listening
>not Day of the Rope

Boo.

I completely agree

Thanks for talking me down

Your job sounds interesting, care to elaborate?

One of those five movies was the biggest hit Disney's had in decades. Don't doubt the power of Frozen. It still refuses to die.

Can we expect a million mouse march on Disney? Occupy Burbank?

My dream is to one day be a woman who can be representative of the Disney brand. I have stories to tell. Visions of how guests should experience the parks. I want to go to new places, offer multiple perspectives, let animation be both artistic & lucrative.

I sound insane. But I don't know how to voice my passion to anyone in my life. I am childish.

I do doubt it though. It's entering the five-year popularity slump. Olaf's Frozen Adventure had lukewarm reception. The Limited Edition Dolls of Elsa & Anna in the new outfits from the special are still available when in the past they sold out within hours.

Frozen isn't successful because of Jennifer Lee. Frozen's massive popularity is entirely because of Elsa. Elsa's beauty, her relatablility, & the song are what made Frozen. Elsa could have been put into any story & it would have been just as successful.

Somehow I had this strange snip-snap thought. It's ridiculous, but I imagined you getting the job as a ftm male (so you could get the job easily) and then doing mtf back to female to become the first woman getting to do that, managing to also be the first trans person to get the job and also the first actually cis woman, scoring all the diversity points possible that don't include ethnicity or skin tone.

Replying to myself. Forgot to mention that I wish you luck, it's a tough road but a possible one (not sure if everybody, but trying doesn't hurt if you value gaining experience from it).

John 'Goldstein's public relations ambassador' Lasseter

Thank you. I was thinking that maybe readers of my post would think I was a guy who wanted to become a girl & the next John Lasseter/Walt Disney.

Gender is irrelevent to writing & creativity. As one user put it so gracefully, people don't write with their dicks or vaginas- they write with their assholes.

As great of a director Bird is I don't think he should be tied down to Pixar. He does such good work on other live-action pictures.

The circle of liiiiiiiiiiiiiife

John "Dan Schnieder's Apprentice" Lasseter

He did Mission Impossible which has great ratings &... err, Tomorrowland.

But, it's his decision. He is a valuable asset to Disney & a fantastic storyteller.

It will happen again, and again and again. Privileged faggot, should drop the idea after the first test screening, not two years later.

Wait, what did he actually do wrong?

he was "weird" with rashida jones. I guess he tried hugging her a lot and she got uncomfortable.

he was gropey with female employees to the point the women knew to try avoiding him and had an evasive maneuver called 'the lasseter'.

Obviously can't verify but my friend used to work there and has nothing but vile words for the man. I was heart broken but he insists Pixar is a cult straining under nepotistic hiring practices.

No he didn't fuck off

You're a very naive person. No wonder you want to work for them.

>They're all coming out now because they would've lost their jobs or been blacklisted in the past.
Ah yes the rampant sexism of 90s Hollywood, where actresses were given the boot for being raped.
Retard.

So you admit the #metoo movement is full of selfish cunts?

John "Better Fellate if You Wanna Animate" Lasseter