Remember the time DC tried to push SPORTSMASTER as a "cool" villain?

Remember the time DC tried to push SPORTSMASTER as a "cool" villain?

He is a cool villain. Read a comic, moron.

OK, name 5 good Sportsmaster stories.

YJ was fucking shit

>Scar from The Lion king's a cool villain
>Oh yeah? Name 5 good Scar stories

no, i consciously pushed out everything about that trash show out of my memory

He's a good dad.

>one has plenty of literature to pick various stories from
>one is in a single movie

you went full retard son.

And it worked

I liked how he still used sports and athletic equipment, but was more subtle about it.

Sup Forums really does hate everything good huh

Tried and succeeded. Sportsmaster was the fucking AG Pimp.

The Lion King movie
The Lion King stage play
The Lion King 2 (Scar might be dead, but his legacy still had a huge influence on the story. Also he appeared in a dream sequence and a reflection)
The Lion Guard (maybe I’m stretching the definition of “good” here, but I’m looking at this in the context of it being a preschooler cartoon)
The Lion King snes game
Hercules (Scar cameos as a lion pelt, it’s a cool Easter egg)
Kingdom Hearts

Wasn't he also on House of Mouse?

Lion king 2 is trash, the lion guard is worse than trash

Honestly using sports as a gimmick isn't even that silly. There's so many dangerous clubs and sticks to bludgeon people with, not too mention all the throwables.

Lion King 2 was truly awful. Now, Lion King 3 on the other hand...

I haven't seen lion guard but I remember before it came out there was speculation they wanted the mlp audience. How true did that end up being?

Oh I'm sorry, is being an Olympic level athlete like Batman and with perfect aim suddenly lame?

>Unparalleled mastery of every sport
>Can ace any game of calvinball, blitzball and can podrace like a champ
>lame

"I'm good at sports" is right up there with "I can talk to fish!" as a super power.

To be fair? "Good at sports" is an impressive and threatening feat to most dorks out there.

Talking to fish doesn't let you throw a javelin with pinpoint accuracy on a jetski while blindfolded

Why is Sup Forums suddenly pretending YJ was bad?

Only dumb faggots make fun of Aquaman

To be fair, most of us couldn't even do this for Wonder Woman and she's had way more (albeit shit) comics.

you faggots are crazy. lion king 2 was good. some of the best songs
don't know. it ended up being too shirty to watch.

Bitches, 2 was one of the best Disney sequels. Obviously never going to match the first, but they even managed to make something as trite as Romeo and Juliet pretty interesting. Also it has that badass lullaby song.

It's not exactly Weisman's magnum opus.

Not OP, but it's not good either. Mediocre. Script was godawful in season 1. I couldn't even suffer through it all and just jumped into 2 which was more tolerable but then full of the neverending gambit bs.

it was mediocre but lack of good cartoons makes it look like a masterpiece. Im really sad we have not gotten anything of the same quality let alone better

I find it really hard to tie him to something as great as Gargoyles after watching YJ. It's like he got obsessed with sounding like a hip kid and forgot everything about writing a good story with believable dialogue. Didn't help that Volpe was kicking ass with GLTAS at the same time.

Because this board has been a complete and utter shitshow since around the time it started airing. Also assblasted Teen Titans fans.

So Casey Jones but a bad guy?

I know I wish we got the depth, maturity, surprising plot, and downright seriousness found in the Saturday Morning Cartoon Green Lantern Animated Series in Young Justice.

With no personality other than "Cool" and "Business-like Mercenary"

I'll admit I'm still semi-bitter that YJ overshadowed GL in popularity. I have a real contempt of great writing being ignored for something subpar. Also YJ disappointed me because I wanted SOME degree of the titular comic in there. The series didn't know how to have fun. When they attempted it, it just felt a bit strained.

Because it's about to get popular again

Cool remember Sup Forums will like YJ again and hate GLTAS soon

He's a perfect athlete. He could be world famous but instead he became a supervillain lmao.

>YJ didn't have depth and maturity

Hey, he also said "family" and talked about his "rep" a few times, that counts for something!

Well I felt the same way initially and really disliked the OC's and different characterizations but after an adjustment period and enough sporadic episodes had aired it became apparent it was a loving and detailed tribute to the DCU with way above average writing for a western cartoon. I disagree on the show not knowing how to have fun, I'd argue pretty much every well conceived and animated fight scene amounts to quite a bit of fun. Not to mention the number of DCU characters depicted on screen.

I'll bet you liked Deathstroke better in YJ, didn't you?

Why can't we like both?

He was a fucking boss in Young Justice, they both were. That's why that episode you screencapped is one of the best.

2 cute duaghterfu, a waifu , a successful and respected villain , got more Shit done then lex or joker

It is bad

It really did not

It did was my point, definitely as much as Green Lantern which was being praised.

A shame that Sportsmaster is nonexistent in the comics and Deathstroke is being pushed as a major player in a very obnoxious way.

It worked, YJ Sportsmaster was fucking awesome.

Yeah that was the episode they fought in right?

Deathstroke was always way more influential than Sportsmaster when it came to comics. Deathstroke was always at least B list, maybe bordering to low A list once movie comes out. How is now any different than then?

DC wanted a Taskmaster.

Doesn't that describe a ton of Supervillains? They could just become rich legitimately with the shit they've cooked up for villainy, but nope gotta keep villaining!

>but lack of good cartoons
I love this mme

I mean the way they are trying to make him this super major player is almost Harley levels of bad.

Almost

what if life is a sport? how does he win?

There was plenty of good cartoons that aired during and after YJ. You literally have no fucking excuse to indulge in shit
No? Because YJ is vastly inferior to GLTAS

Because contrarianism. This board always turns on shows when they get too popular and liked. ALWAYS.

Talking to fish is pretty cool when you bring in the sea monsters. It's only lame at lower levels

Pretty sure he banged his daughters. Also I feel like they edited a gun out of this picture the way her hands are positioned.