What is some if the best art you've seen in comics and why?

What is some if the best art you've seen in comics and why?
I'm trying to observe abd study the greats

Other urls found in this thread:

board.Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd never seen panels used like this before.

It's pretty hard to top Druillet or Moebius from a jaw dropping craft perspective. Steranko is high up there too. But really, it's hard to say with comics because so much depends of the art complimenting the story. In that sense, Peter Bagge and John Byrne are both masterfully suited for the kind of stories they tell, but you can't really compare their style.

Charles Schultz, Will Eisner, Carl Barks, Walt Kelly... All well worth looking into.

Image source?

My favorites are Kevin Maguire, Joe Staton, Darwyn Cooke, Steve Rude, Doc Shaner, Cully Hamner, Alex Toth.

some of the tastiest posts I've ever seen on Sup Forums

It's SO GOOD

Lone Sloane

Eric Powell is unsurmountable.

god,God, today finish Chinatown and leave me very dry, in a good way

J.H. Williams III

I really like Barry Windsor-Smith, Mike Mignola, Eduardo Risso, Jeff Smith

Tradd Moore. There are few people who understand dynamic action and motion. And he's one of those artist who don't just treat comic books like TV.

Honestly, Paul Gillon and Milo Manara are or in the former's case, was pretty great.

gibbon's watchmen is a given.
jerome opena's seven to eternity
gary frank as long as its not kids or babies

We3 would look so much better without some of the very-digital look of the colouring

Neil Adams Xmen

Gilbert and Jaime Hernandez

agreed

read Master of Kung Fu

Sure

I'm surprised Shang chi has no Netflix show

do you really want Netflix to ruin Shang shi like they did Iron Fist and The Punisher
Daredevil is a fluke

Was punisher that bad? I was afraid to watch it and be disappointed

Cooke and Copiel to name a few.

How could we ever compete

bad picture, but guido crepax is excellent

Miracleman #1

I've always thought that! Wish they could do a recolouring of it sometime.

Mazzucchelli is impeccable and the fact that i see some of the shit posted and not one utterance of his name is pretty pathetic.

lol literally nobody agrees with you. nobody agreed with you in the last thread you posted his name in.

Pic related is literally all over the place. There is no natural reading motion, no sequential progression literally just poses of "action". You can like it, it isn't even close to warranting:

>There are few people who understand dynamic action and motion

Part of motion is how the readers eyes move through the page. this has you constantly moving back and forth from side to side for no other reason than "cool dynamic layout".

Not in art specifically but choreography and panelling.

Going a dash old school. Barks was amazing. When you read his stuff you know why they put him in the same level of Eisner, Kirby, Kurtzman ect

Windsor McCay was stunning on how good he was with not only the art but the way he would use panels. I think JH Williams is a good study of his work

Yes.

board.Sup Forums.org/a/

I agree with him pleb

They obviously plan to do something with Shang-Chi if they put in the effort to reprint the omnibus (which would've required them to make a deal with the Sax Rohmer estate)

Alan Moore

can you tell me why any of what I said about that page is wrong?

I didn't say he couldn't like it but to say that:
>There are few people who understand dynamic action and motion
as much as tradd moore while posting that is fuck
absurd.

I'm also a big fan of Quitely's stuff

Comic strip stuff (leaving aside the obvious like Schultz or Watterson or Larson or Breathed):
Windsor McCay
Frank King
Hal Foster
Cliff Sterrett
Walt Kelly
George Herriman
and some others I can't remember right now. But I also have to say, most ongoing ancient comic strips that today's fucking snarky hipsters bitches about, they had their great moments that showed why they used to be popular.

1940's comic book stuff?

Simon & Kirby
Will Eisner
C.C. Beck
Lou Fine
Carl Barks
Jack Cole

A lot of others I can't remember at the moment.

EC artists to look at:

Bernard Kreigstein
Wally Wood
Harvey Kurtzman (he mainly did writing but often times he thumbnailed out the stories he wrote)
Will Elder
Jack Davis

Just bought a CC Beck Shazam today

Promethea

>not doing Lurk more

matteo scalera
siya oum
Kenneth rocafort
jerome opeƱa

Agreed. That artwork was the best of the whole run. Really, the art is 60% of Moore's works

Would you shut the fuck up. Its clearly just one dumb obsessed autist saying the same shit every thread.

People like Tradd, stop bitching like a little whiny chihuahua.

Tom Scioli is one of the best in the industry currently in my opinion

Alan Moore did not draw that

I swear to god it took me a solid ten seconds to realize that this was actually Iceman and not Silver Surfer, and that that was a Sentinel and not Galactus.