Have you done right by him, Sup Forums? Did you trust him?

Have you done right by him, Sup Forums? Did you trust him?

Of course
Who could betray the best boy John

I don't get it. I thought Sup Forums hated the Joker.

Yet Telltale Joker's considered to be one of the best adaptations of The Joker here.

Because we've been starved of a Joker who isn't a one dimensional edgelord of a plot devicebfor so long that any version who's even a tiny bit different is going to get praised.

I don't think there's ever been a Joker who's been genuinely nice either, so at the very least that's novel.

That's because John is a believable character who's very obviously mentally ill but still a person and actually pretty likable. The Joker, at least most modern interpretations of him are one-dimensional, edgy forces of nature.

John is a fresh breath of air from all the Joker smog.

We do not husbando the jokes. It's never easy with him.

No, there was something off about all those dead bodies he was surrounded by.

Yeah it's basically asking for dissapointment.

It was Harley

It appeared to me that John blacked out and killed all of them. John is supposed to be very mentally ill, he even talked to Bruce about how he feels like something crawling out of him and desperate to get out. John obviously has a split personality.

I mean, he was genuinely freaking out when he was surrounded by all the dead bodies and he was fuzzy on some of the details like one of the agents being shot. which he didn't remember because he blacked out.

That's working on the idea that he's telling the truth.

And you are working on the idea that he's lying

You're belief that he's telling the truth is no more valid than my belief that he's lying.

But it’s no less valid either.

>Yet Telltale Joker's considered to be one of the best adaptations of The Joker here.
Because Sup Forums wants to fuck him, we've been over this.

Because he has an actual arc and development. Same reason why I didn’t mind his appearance in Arkham Origins as much as I should’ve.

Bros for life

And by that I mean boyfriends

I think it was her too.

John(Joker)'s been manipulating everyone from the start. He told you he was going to keep quiet about Tiffany but told Harley so she'd have leverage on you if you turned out to be the mole. He did it because A) he hates Catwoman and he wanted to give you another reason to throw Catwoman under the bus and B) he likes you and didn't want Harley to dispose of you

John is a bitch to both Harley and Bruce

It's all about trust. Season 2 theme is trust and loyalty. Can you trust Tiffany? Can you trust John?

I know he's playing me like a fiddle that at the end of it all it will turn out he was pretending all along, but god dam he's just to damn charismatic.

I usually don't enjoy TellTales "All your choices matter but not really" visual novels but I see this one and the Borderlands one get spammed a lot. Is it really that good or do you have to be a batfag to appreciate it?

Being a hardcore batfag may actually make you dislike this one. I'd say go in with an open mind, only 1 choice matters in the first battale and it's the last one, it concerns alfred.

I really wanted to cuck him. Harley seems to want to as well. Harley is so much better than the other shitty girls in this.

Can't vouch for Borderlands, but play The Wolf Among Us instead. That and TWDs1 are easily their best games, not least of all because they're actually better than their source material.

Without a doubt

They are not visual novels.

I love Alfred in this

Because they played with making him actually genuinely care about Bruce and an angle where we can be his friend and change his worldview, even if it's still warped enough that "vigilante" isn't much better than "villain". I want to see how they follow through with this.

Not that I'm holding my breath after the bullshit with Harvey where he becomes Two-Face at least mentally no matter what you do. Which sucks because, as it happens, Telltale's Harvey was the only version of him I've ever gotten attached to.

I wouldn't be surprised if he told the truth for the most part, considering how Waller was "shoot first" later. The agents immediately attacking and John lapsing into a violent, insane spree to fight back and killing them all remorselessly sounds believable enough. With how crazy he is, I'd also believe that he forgot every method he used. He admitted all of that to us.

If you eevesdrop on him before talking to him, you can hear him talking to himself and trying to decide the best story to tell Bruce. I think he knows more than he's letting on, but it's hard to say if it's typical Joker shenanigans or if he has a split personality.

My bet is that it's going to be the latter, especially if you chose the vigilante path. He'll probably end up accidentally exposing himself to the virus and it'll turn out that his blood is similar to Riddler's, so the virus won't kill him but it will drive him irrecoverably insane and have whatever split personality he has take over. It'll be tragic enough for Telltale to play up the melodrama like they always do and railroad-y enough for them to not put forth too much effort in a branching path.

Screencap this.

I think that conversation was planned because he heard Bruce coming.

He wasn't trying to decide what story to spin, he was distressed and confused. Are you people daft?

>Being this gullible

I like the "Harley did it" theory.

You just like any idea that absolves your boyfriend.

And you just like any theory that has John as a culprit don't you? Get off your high horse you are no better than the reast of us

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole point of this character was to make a meta commentary on the kind of abusive manipulation he's known for in canon, because holy shit, people are throwing Harley-like reasoning out there just to to justify their beliefs.
>h-he's not evil, he's just sick!
It's the fucking Joker. Everyone being so easily taken in by his sadsack act is exactly what Mad Love has established about his character for years.

I thought about this too. Initially I thought Joker was just playing all of us from the beginning to come out as top dog. But after the villain/vigilante split in this last episode, I think they might actually be genuine in John being more than just the evil Joker who has been manipulating all of us. If anything, John is the one who points out how Bruce manipulates him at some points if you go down the friendship path. He makes a lot of references to you using "you're my friend" and "I care about you, John" to twist his arm into doing things.

John definitely seems to suggest that he's going to play your "two-timing" against you if you're too nice to both Selina and Avesta. He's very aware and interested in Bruce's romantic life and constantly teases you about womanizing.

It would be dumb as fuck if he pulled that card in Episode 5 and either woman fell for it, though. That would make them ridiculously catty and stupid and would feel forced.

Then again, I feel like Avesta is playing everyone too so that might not be what happens.

I think it's more likely that he's going to frame Batman or do something to paint him in a negative light to the public at large. Remember how he keeps filming Bruce with his phone whenever they're doing violent shit? That's definitely going to come into play.

>It's the fucking Joker
Not yet

I don't care, actually.

Who cares why he killed those agents? They were part of Waller's task force anyway.
Notice how they only incapacitated Bane and took Freeze (and Harley) prisoner, yet Waller felt that John was too unpredictable so she was okay with shooting him.

I know some bullshit betrayal is coming around the corner, probably something with the batarang.

I know some nonsense where none of your choices ultimately mattered in the end is coming up.

But some small part of me really, REALLY hopes that it's nothing but heavy paranoia and we get to keep John like he is. Please, even if he does have to go against Bat Wayne, please let him appear regretful or looking like he really didn't want to do it or something.

>mfw Telltale are going to fuck it up
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

so.. What happens if you try to romance Harley?

I know he's screwing with me but I just can't help it. I give in, every time.

John gets jealous

is that really all? She still falls for John?

Yeah, she thinks Bruce is boring.

dammit

>m-muh waifu
Grow up

not really a waifu.
I just wanted to see how the story would change HA, a different storybranch in a telltale game? Madness!

Exactly
Did you honestly expect they would let you romance Harley? HA! Fat chance Telltale is going to force catwoman into your throat wether you want it or not

I don't know why.. but every time I play a telltale game I keep thinking "THIS time it will be different"

And it never is

WHEN IS THE FINALE COMING OUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You'll just have to wait 2 months

He already used the batarang to save you if you gave it to him.