Dark Knights: Metal #5 Storytime

youtube.com/watch?v=TAqZb52sgpU

Barbatos and The Batman Who Laughs have been dealing a rough game of cards.

Now it's time to flip the table over...

Turn it up and rip the knob off!

>not using Kyle, who's favorite band is Nine Inch Nails, in Metal
comics are stupid

>nine inch nails
>metal

Kyle is stupid and was raped by Bueno Excellente. Very not metal.

Thanks for reading.
Support the official release!

The Flash:

man there is no fucking way this is going to end in any way that's not just a complete asspull isn't it?

Hey kids, it's the Martian Manhunter!

Goddamn it why are you such an asshole Manta?

Nope.

probably not but just enjoy the ride next month is Gentry cameo

Rob Halford of Judas Priest AKA THE METAL GOD is a homosexual. He invented the metal form of dress due to his love of gay bondage shops. Anal man love is VERY METAL.

Whatever is in that forge Superman and Batman went into will have what is needed to reignite the forge and Hawkman regains his mind to then use it and raise Earth back to the regular multiverse.

>WAUGH!

mysteries isn't Diana's team in no justice called justice league mysteries

Hawkman defeats the Dark Multiverse by asking all the evil Batmen to explain his origin, all of their heads explode.

it's funny, Final Crisis covered a lot of the same ground, but even when I read it for the very first time I knew it would end in a way that made sense, I think the big difference is that Final Crisis did some foreshadowing on how things would be fixed, while Metal has done an extremely piss poor job of doing so

unfortunately I'm one of those people who can't turn their brains off when reading Superhero stuff, at least for anything made recently

maybe but it's still going to feel like an asspull with how dire they've had things reach and how stacked the deck is against the heroes even by Crisis event standards

>the multiverse of bad ends is stopped by an origin

>The lasso breaks Anti-Life and lies in all its forms

I've always loved that the lasso is subtly powerful as fuck.

Snyder’s a hack

then u take it too seriously my friend

>Snyder does a poor retread of a Morrison story

what else is new

>Muh Powerful woman beat by joker bat who has reality warp hax backed by a demon
Yeah Diana was never going to win user give up

Morrison was just doing poor retreads of Denny O'Neil and Peter Milligan stories.

Morrison liked it enough to be involved in a tie in
REEEEE stop it Snyder's a hack Morrison is my scare cow

>How stack the deck is against the heroes even by Crisis event standards

Crisis events are always about the heroes pulling a hail mary at the last second against incredible odds.

Dollars to Donuts Superman and Batman are going to rise out of the forge in Nth metal supermodes that'll BTFO Barbatos and friends.

This is true, but Metal has had its fun moments.

something does go wrong as Barbatos is triggered in the metal #6 tease they have on twitter

Morrison also thought Millar would be his protege so his judgement is already out the window.

Hal probably listens to Frank Sinatra and Hank Williams

>Traveling around killing worlds

Assuming he's not bullshitting this is more evidence to the fact that the DC multiverse is more than 52 worlds, just like the luchador and edgelord Sivanas in multiversity.

There are more worlds than 52.

you're not wrong, but most Crisis events have had the heroes have a couple actual victories by this point, while Metal has had every possible one immediately subverted into a defeat, it makes this event kinda depressing to read honestly

I think he was referring to when he was travelling around the Dark Multiverse.

Who told Scott this Batman Who Laughs was a good idea, goddamn is it cringe

Uh, yeah. Multiversity ends saying that there are multiple multiverses. That's never been up for debate.

Also this event already covered this same topic by explaining theres a negative counterpart to each Earth.

Final Crisis did it right by having the heroes all have their own little stories and moments that when put together saved the day.

It was Superman, and Batman, and Metron, and Nix Uotan, and Wonder Woman, and the Flashes, and Orion, and Tattoo Man, and Mr. Miracle, and Lex Luthor, and the Legion, and the Controllers...

It had the same feel of multiversity, that reality itself was threatened by something that could only be overcome by the biggest and the smallest uniting, by the entire multiverse coming together as a defense network.

Here Batman and Superman just fall into the forge and go SUPER SAIYIAN NTH while the Dark Knights BTFO everyone else. It doesn't feel satisfying.

Maybe if the League actually got a chance to whip some Evil Bat ass it would be better, but we never get that. Even Hal as cocked blocked from getting a win over Dawnbreaker.

Justice league mysteries Diana gets the name from Batman who lmaos aha

Hal 'the ass finder' Jordan.

>complaining about Batman who lmaos
guess what user he survives metal and goes on to fuck with the immortal men

Sideways: Hey, Batclown! Knock! Knock!
BAM
POW
BWL: I-I don’t get it.
Sideways: What? I hit you twice, didn’t I?

He's clearly taking about the Dark Multiverse user not the 52 Multiverse.
But I mean even then your post contradicts itself. Yes there are more than 52 worlds but they are all in different multiverses.

>scare cow
I want art of this

Come on Snyder. Hal and Jo’nn can take these smucks.

Rematch, time to kick batlet lantern's ass

Do we know what Wild Hunt is about?

My guess is it is where the fights between the Batmen and heroes set up here happen and the heroes win and then with the evil Batmen taken care of in Wild Hunt the final issue is all about dealing with Barbatos.

Arthur looks totally fucked against his line-up, but Hal and Jon'zz can totally take their knights.

Come on Snyder. Let them win and use Plas to lift the Earth out of the Darkness. Don't let them get BTFO and saved by whatever plot device Batman and Superman find in the forge.

It's the last issue, give the good guys atleast one clean one.

I fucking hope so.

Knowing how this event played out odds are Wild Hunt will be about the heroes getting BTFO followed by everyone else in the multiverse and the final issue will be Superman and Batman finding HOPE at the bottom of the forge and shooting Barbatos with a Care Bear Stare which resets everything "like a bad dream that never happened" because Snyder thinks he's deep.

>Post your disdain for when Snyder has the good guys lose only to be saved by a plot device.

HE KEEPS DOING IT TOO
THIS EVENT WOULD BE WAY BETTER WITHOUT IT

BUT HE K E E P S GETTING AWAY WITH IT

FUCK YOU SNYDER AT LEAST LET HAL KICK BATLIGHT'S ASS YOU OWE US THAT MUCH

>cosplaying style costume
That's the weirdest misspelling of "Spider-Man" I've ever seen,

I can still see a potential good ending coming from this.

>Heroes vs Evil Batmen
>Heroes win
>Mr Terrific reverses polarity fixing cannon for Nth Metal firing
>Aquaman activates core machine and Nth Metal tuning fork thing
>Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl have their big battle and yell their battle cry
>cry awakens Plastic Man and lets him overcome the nightmares plaguing his mind
>Plastic Man allows cannon to fire needed ray at right energy
>Laser ray hits machine in core accentuating
>Energy conduits to Hawkman Mace to raise up Earth
>Superman and Batman emerge with HOPE from forge
>HOPE has Hawkman return to normal
>Hawkman rekindles the Forge
>The Multiversal resonance from the Forge blasts away Barbatos and aligns the Multiversal waves and energies to how they are supposed to be
>Day is saved and world returned to normal

Snyder can still potentially pull this off!

I guarantee that this is ten times better than what we're actually going to get.

its the dark knights chasing detective chimp , cyborg, the flash and Raven all around the multiverse while batman who lmaos kills the light multiverse batmen with a cameo from the gentry oh and we find out who the batman who lmaos has tied up from his one shot

Jesus fuck, an issue of fapping about. There's no way they can end this in one issue.

>Pirate justice league gets killed by Batman who keks

Oh fuck off Snyder.

I wonder who else is going to die.

This is going to be like watching Slott's vampires murder the Spider-Men of the multiverse.

everything is dumb

>batman who lmaos kills the light multiverse batmen
so it's basically all the worst parts of Spiderverse shoved into a single issue then

This event is terribly boring. Can challenge Civil War 2.

I wonder who all is on the chopping block?

It looks like Leatherwing is fucked. Do you think they'll do in Terry?

I suppose some worlds like Thunderworld are safe though simply because they don't have Batmen.

>There are few worlds were Bruce and Diana are together and have kids.
>Batman who Laughs probably killed most of if not obliterated all of them.
A true hero.

thats why no justice was announced
edgy

Detective chimp
Is it just me but has he been popping up a lot more frequently since he was in injustice?

>Alfred, Selina , Gordon
Who do we think it is ?

Metal is better than Final Crisis by fucking far.

its cause they realize he's basically their publishing label D.C

So who is Batman who Rolfs going to do in?

Leatherwing is dead.

Terry?

Kingdom Come Bruce?

Adam West Batman?

Yeah I liked that too.

there has got to be other characters with dc as their initials, and even if that's the reason it's retarded

Ooooooooooooooooh shit

>Snyder kills Adam West Batman

Will Sup Forums ever forgive him?

He got big because of Shadowpact and stayed big because he's the nexus of a lot of memes-Silver age zaniness, monkeys, detective comics, etc.

Kind of funny seeing Deathstroke job to Black Manta of all people. He didn't even put up a fight.

He only got into the regular multiverse in this story itself. He's talking about dark multiverse worlds.

Multiversity already stated there were worlds beyond the 52, but that basically hasn't been acknowledged anywhere else (outside of this dark multiverse, which isn't really the same thing).

That's a Darkseid, right?

This is so shit. It keeps dragging and it wasted the only "good" thing about this run : The dark knights.

But this is plain old boring, CW2 is offensively bland