Detective Comics Annual #1

Back to the start of the reel...

The Fall of Basil Karlo...and the Rise of Clayface!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SEWi8usfMiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this better be a happy ending goddamnit

It won't. Cass isn't aloud to have friends or happiness

IT'S NOT FAIR!

It's a flashback Clayface origin retelling issue.

The Flash: Metal: Thanks for reading. Support your local comic shop.

Pretty good but the explanation of disfigured to superpowers wasn't really explained.

pretty simple really, the extreme overdose causes Karlo's metagene to activate, thus why Karlo has powers instead of just melting into a pile of goo

good boy.

Ahh... lady clayface.

nope, not yet, at least. That's Mudface from Victim Syndicate.

he and two face would get along

>that Neal Adams reference

That’s both hilarious and vaguely insulting

>Not posting a link to the soundtrack youtube.com/watch?v=SEWi8usfMiQ

I liked it. To this day Feat of Clay part 2 is my favorite BTAS episode, so I might be biased though. I really want to see Clayface in a movie, it could be great.

Come on, Gordon. Fetishistic as it is, there’s poetry to supervillainy. What’s the jazz behind regular crime anyway? “I want more money? I was the kid of immigrants and it was hard for me to get a break legitimately? I never knew my dad? Peer pressure?” So droll

>That's Mudface
ahhh fuck so this is what ruins his chance to be good. he fucked over that blonde

Yeah. I don’t feel so bad about Batwoman murdering him anymore. Dude was a fuckhead

So we're going to ignore the fact that he was just swimming in clay that pages ago, we learned fucked with his emotional state?
Okay. Sure. Fuck extenuating circumstances.

And it's not like we had no idea that he has done some fucked up things before. If he didn't, there would be no redemption story to be written about in the first place.

Wait, bat woman killed clayface?

Clayface doesn't deserve this suffering ;-;

If he actually leaves the team because he reverts, the writer will have killed the heart and soul of his current run, I'll just drop it since he was the best part of it.

is he offering basil to be his new robin?

okay that is horrifying

>see a non-threatening dude with a flashlight
>fucking punch him out
yup, that's Batman alright

>not for use on human skin
>still uses it anyways

>Joker's origin: Clayface dad.

Creepy motherfucker.

He was waving a crowbar around. It triggered Bruce’s DITF trauma

Although I thought he’d just batarang him in the shoulder and this This was just low. Even for Bruce

>Nobody really loves a monster

This line got me for some reason.

My thoughts exactly. A bit overkill there...even for his first years.

It's okay Basil. Just finish your contract and get into voice acting. It worked for me.

>Bruce started disappearing on Gordon so he couldn't bitch at him anymore

Call me uninspired, but I thought Clay Dad was going to physically abuse Basil at some point here

Last issue had Kane shoot Basil in the head with a special rifle developed by the army specifically to kill Clayface
I'm still counting on it being a fake out though

I liked that Basil wasn’t abused or anything like that. Sometimes you fuck up your kid with terrible advice.

This story must be set before Jason was ever Robin.

>muh mirror

Oh hi Vincent Price

Thanks Norrin, that's all that's coming out today? Seems short.

Snyder said this issue teases big things for the future, I'm guessing it's this lady clayface thing

Snyder? Or Tynion?