MMO (Megg Mogg & Owl)

time for another crappy storytime. First canonical post-megahex story. Let's go

Other urls found in this thread:

tcj.com/a-conversation-with-simon-hanselmann/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've a feeling this story will be included in the next book

muchos gracias OP

..aaaand that's it. Was this worth 10 bucks? Time will tell. I pray to god Simon maintains a cult following and I can sell these zines for half a thousand in a few years

for reference. this thing's about as big as a CD.

no problem m8

bump cause a 10 page storytime doesnt stand a chance agains a thousand threads about capeshit and cartoons for pre-teens

Wait - so this is immediately after Owl moves out? Why is it weird between Meg and Booger? I know she gave Booger a blowjob, but I thought that was befor Owl left? The canon chronology of this series is a mind-fuck.

Thanks, OP!

>so this is immediately after Owl moves out?
No idea, I'm guessing it's a few weeks or so after he left

>Why is it weird between Meg and Booger? I know she gave Booger a blowjob

cause they had/have an affair. Doesn't really matter if that was before or after Owl left, it's just something that hasn't been resolved yet

>was this worth 10 bucks?
Maybe not, but it's a bit different for indies. I guess it's worth it inf one was a hardcore MM&O fan.
Anyway, thanks for sharing, OP

Ditto
Thanks for sharing

I hadn't read this one yet. It's nice to get more context into exactly what WWJ had done to make everyone hate him so much before he died.

Did his artstyle change?
I remember Meg's nose being just straight not so much curved as it is in this.

The nose looks weird on the cover cause of the perspective I guess, otherwise it's pretty much the same as always. Lenght and curvature varies from strip to strip but nothing too significant

This story heavily implies Werewolf is living with them now, if he's always listening when Megg and Mogg have sex it means he's there at any given time instead of just during his more depressive episodes.

Didn't he die?

Xmas 2017 is now considered non-canon. iirc simon says Jones is still going to die soon but he's going to rewrite it

>WWJ's face is not in profile

>He's going to rewrite WWJ's death

Good!
It had better happen on-screen this time.

this is from a zine you got if you preordered an MMO book through the fantagraphics online store. I don't own a copy unfortunately

MMO always fucked me up reading them since I had a lot of loser/self destructive friends in my teens and 20s, and it captures them really well. Many years of my life utterly wasted with them.

I've never been big into drugs, but I've always had problems with depression, and I've been sort of a functional alcoholic before, so this comic really strikes me that way.

Thanks!

>10 bucks
Where do you live? My shipping was only $2, so I paid $8 total.

Also I completely lost my shit when I saw WWJ depicted in not-profile. I actually stopped reading and told my wife.

>Where do you live? My shipping was only $2, so I paid $8 total.
Spain, almost 4 bucks shipping

>Also I completely lost my shit when I saw WWJ depicted in not-profile.
it has happened before

No? That was like, 10 pages? You paid a buck per page.

alright read all these from monday's/yesterday's thread and i'm going to do it again. i can't believe i've never read these before, i'm obessed now.

Why did she tell Booger not to come around? What did i miss?

I think that's kind of the underlying genius of the strips. You don't necessarily have to have been a stoner or a drug addict to relate to the situation/s the characters are in. I sort of know someone via a friend who reminds me a little bit too much of WWJ; specifically the wild bouts of mania and self-destructive behavior.

they had an affair

Good job OP, Storytiming Life Zone.

Simons art is really pretty sometimes

Is it true that Hansellman disowned that really funny comic with all the rape puns in Owl's room because he's SJW or was that a rumor?

Sorry, here it is.

[The characters] are are slowly changing, it seems.

>Yeah, well that’s the thing. They’re growing up. It used to be more offensive as well. There’s a horrible one where they put all the stuff on Owl’s bedroom walls, that I’ve just gotten rid of. I still don’t think it was inherently making fun of rape, I don’t know if you know the strip in question.

I’m not sure.

>There’s all these rape puns, like movie puns, they put them on Owl’s wall and stuff. I don’t even like talking about it. There’s too much of a hotbed of controversy. I just got rid of it. I don’t want to defend rape humor. I mean there’s the episode as well where they, you know, do that to Owl. It’s actually something that happened to a friend of mine, my bandmate Karl, in Horse Mania, it happened to him on his birthday. It’s just me stealing stories from the scene. But that’s just what happened in Hobart, I mean Hobart was like that. That was the idea of a “humorous prank,” like you know, it was weird alcoholic oddballs pretend to rape their friend on his birthday. Yeah, I feel uncomfortable about some of that material, you know, “edgy” material. I’m just kind of out of it all the time, I’m just plowing through this stuff, sometimes I just don’t have a think about it. I’m not trying to offend people or shock anyone, or be funny with it.

kinda happy booger and megg are hitting it. Mogg just doesnt seem like an emotionally satisfying lover

That’s kind of a hard thing when you’re doing a so-called comedy series.

>Yeah, it’s not always a comedy though. I find it interesting, there’s a lot of Sup Forums threads talking about me and lots of different, odd opinions on Sup Forums, which I don’t even understand, I don’t know what goes on on Sup Forums, it’s just this confusing modern contraption. They all talk about me on there, there’s the YouTube comment level of activity sometimes. They make me think about it in different ways. They love all those, you know, “Where’s the classic rape joke one?” They love it. That level of fandom is a bit disconcerting. [The comics] are mostly just supposed to be depressing and horrible and just illustrating this horrible behavior between this horrible group and friendship dynamics.

When I read the story about Owl and the “birthday assault,” let’s say, I had to put it down for a bit. But I felt a good resolution in Owl asserting those boundaries.

Yeah. It’s challenging. It’s horrible. But that’s what it was like in Hobart, you know, that’s what happened to my friend Karl, he came round afterwards after it happened. He still hangs out with those guys. One of the people who did that to him just came out to Melbourne last week. He was like, “Oh, the cowboy’s coming over!” All excited. “Oh great, the cowboy!” He’s the horrible feet guy as well, at the party when they have the horrible feet contest, and Werewolf Jones just has these disgusting feet. That was the same guy that was involved in the birthday thing. Just the most disgusting feet. And he was waving that whipper-snapper around really drunk in the back yard. Just dangerous. Bad scene. I don’t know what the guy is doing that Werewolf Jones is kind of based on, with all of the crazy party stuff, I’ve got no idea what happened to that guy. I feel weird about it. I didn’t know whether to put that stuff in the book, like the birthday one with Owl, I didn’t want to totally censor that stuff but I kind of figure it’s part of the series that happened, it’s like an incident in real life. This shit happened, but can they move past it? They are growing, they are changing. This shit happened. It’s weird, it’s weird defending that stuff, trying to justify it. I don’t know if I’m adding to the problem. Sometimes you’re skirting boundaries, and I don’t want to be Dane Cook.

tcj.com/a-conversation-with-simon-hanselmann/

Nice, thanks for the storytime. I haven't seen that one yet.

Sounds like in that last paragraph he was talking about the comic where they jokingly tried to rape owl, that's a different one from the rape pun one. Seems like he's just covering his ass.

Now he sounds a little whiny. It's possible to grasp what he's doing and still find humor in it. Guess that's artists for you.

>sharing a room

this is bullshit. i had roommates that pulled this crap on me. there were three of us but they were already couple. they told me i had to pay more and i couldn't afford it so i had to move in with my grandma. she hated my guts but he ended up cheating on her so now i feel angry and sorry for both of them

huh. i didn't know you snorted ketamine. i thought it was injected

why does wwj blush when megg says they need to get "wwj 2004" drunk?

and what's with the felt hats?

Wow, what a fucking soyboy. At least own up to it. "Yeah, I made a rape joke, yeah, it upset some people, but it happened, because that was an RL thing that happened." Goodness knows this comic has no SJW readers.

taking a break

>the birthday rape thing actually happened
God what the fuck is up with whatever obscure county they live in

On one hand I feel bad for Owl getting thoroughly screwed over in this but on the other hand, what the fuck did he think was going to happen?

So is owl moving out for reals? God I hope it lasts.

He said he doesn't know what goes on here, so maybe he just reads the occasional stray comment someone screencaps and shows him. Pretty easy to get the wrong impression that way.

I know this is just a nothing filler page, but I like it. Reminds me of a spot not too far from where I live where you can see everything in all directions for miles. On especially smoggy nights, you can see the haze being illuminated by the city lights which is kind of sick, but beautiful in it's own way.

Owl's brain must be pretty fried from all the drugs if he thought this was a good idea.

Mogg's also a cunt, and Meg occasionally atleast shows some semblance of wanting to be a decent human person.

So my dad and his friends did this to a friend of theirs no lie, I’ve told the story countless times cause I’ve found it funny but this kinda puts a new context to it.

They even went a little further where basically they were all drinking, one of them had the idea cause the dude was passed out. They brought him outside, pulled his pants off, put him over the low fence, opened a bunch of condoms around him, and then worst part of all took half of a hot pepper and just kinda wiped his crack. They ran inside and when he woke up still drunk with his pants still down he asked in a sad voice “did you guys fuck me?”

So... DOES anyone have the Rape Scented Candles comic?

Can I get a date on this quote?

classic.

Nothing probably, but Booger and Megg keep fucking and she's in this codependant relationship with Mogg and that'll get more messed up than it already is if Booger is still around.

Probably that but I figure maybe he thought, in all of his naivety, that he could be the one to set them on the right path, learn some responsibilities, and have a better appreciation for some stability. Plus, he's been friends with them since high school so there's that added layer of misplaced loyalty.

>my parents only give me a certain amount of money
it's established a couple times that these characters are in like their late twenties or early 30s, holy shit. How well off are Mogg's parents, why doesn't he just live with them, how much of a fuck up is he that they're willing to just pay him a stipend to go live in a rented house with drug addicts? These little details.

I just like the image of two well-off cats sending money to their degenerate son

Yes