Storytime

Avengers #678
Another week in this weekly event

So uh what's Avengers no surrender about anyway? Another incursion?

It might be valeria and Franklin dicking with everyone

it's about how shitty avengers are as a team.
By the way, why avengers suck so much?

Not really, it's just 616 Earth being stolen and used as the playground for cosmic shenanigans

Planet got stolen by villains
The avenger are fighting new villains
And new character is introduced.

Yeah, I'm just pretty uninterested about the whole thing, I thought Voyager reveal would have been bigger but it kinda fell flat(?) also do you have a pass OP? or are using the new Captcha system that sucks?

Black Swan > Cannonball

>I'll just look into min-
Everytime

>Planet got stolen by villains
By the Grandmaster right? Been skimming this one desu. Everything so far has been pretty boring.

Too much roster changes, you'd think a team with a million members would be able to combat most threats.

Yeah, Power Pack would do a better job

When's Carol.

In hell where she belongs

This is a very intense game of capture the flag

Is there a record for most cliffhangers?

>"Who IS tha-"

Alright, Voyager is DEFINITELY not like Sentry (or at least seems that way) since it's now implied that the people unfrozen had implanted memories of her, while Vision, who WAS frozen, doesn't remember her.

Oh, no! Johnny's dead! There's no coming back from that! Death in the Marvel universe is permanent! Oh, I'm so distraught! They've killed off one of the Fantastic Four!

my guess is she is part of grandmasters lethal legion and is trying to use the obstetrical in his favour.

Avengers get their shit pushed in by Hickman OCs and literally whos.

Just read DC.

>Voyager is not Val Richards but is instead OC in Grandmaster's employ in order to spice up the "game"
>"designated obsticales" refers to the heroes decided upon by the Grandmaster and his opponent to be included, the rest are frozen

Because Marvel decided to make them JLU where everyone and their mother has a membership which leads to writers just throwing characters at the screen.

Trying to summon the energy to read such an uninspired, tedious and benign story is a brobdingnagian task indeed my friends

Ah, but what if they spread it over a year and had associated slight mentions of the 'event' that didn't actually advance the overall story in any way in every other title? And some incentive covers! Mmm! Incentive covers! Gosh, how can you pass that up?

Oh yeah, read dc. I wonder if they going to used batman to fight god with his meta powers.

*quits comics*

>Losing to the Black Order when you team has Whor, Rouge, and Hercules

FUCKING HOW?

Also, is there a group of bad guys more lame than the Black Order? Because they're super fucking lame.

hey, maybe just not attack those guys who fight the Black Order

Isn't he currently doing a book with Thing?

Also oh no Johnny's dead. That's never happened before...

So the frozen are the one's who Voyager couldn't mind fuck into remembering her as the best Avenger ever?

But user! They’re going to be in the new movie. You gotta like em.

Only Marvel can tell a story about heroes fighting to save reality and make it dull as watching paint dry.

I love how they exist just to get killed by the Avengers in the movie.

Even the script writers know that Hickman's OCs are garbage filler baddies that should be used and discarded.

>it's a celebration of the Avengers story
>one of the lamest teams ever put together
>Black Order and another group of le epin OCs using the Lethal Legion instead of the classic members

>Rogue

Why the fuck don't they just let her touch everyone and then stomp the fuck out of the bad guys?

Man oh man. I've been saying for a couple of years now that Pepe Larraz is Marvel's best artist, and he just keeps getting better. Love the layout on this page.

>AAAAAAAARGH
Telepathy. Not even once.

Metal shits all over this boring travesty and its not even all that great.

I've learned that any book that "celebrates" anything in Marvel, usually sucks ass. I mean Legacy/Generations was supposed to be celebrating the heroes who passed the mantle but it was so bad.

Ties in are good, but the main book is shit.

I know right?

I'd ask what the fuck they were thinking but Marvel hasn't done that for a long time.

Of all the teams you could have had the Avengers fight why oh why oh WHY did you pick Black Order and not-Lethal Legion?

You couldn't have had them fight the Great Society or Squadron Supreme? Or do a take on the Scarlet Centurion story and have the Avengers of different worlds and times fight?

This whole story feels low effort as fuck.

Why not the fucking Masters of Evil? Zemo recruited all those villains in Secret Empire and the plot went unused, they had several heavy hitters like Graviton and Mordo.

>Old foe
Not a new character then

It's like Previously On X-Men where all the clips of Xavier are just him yelling.

I suspect that Brown Dwarf was so cavalier about touching his pyramid thing because he knew it wasn't really death, or that it wasn't permanent or something. I imagine that those who score these goals just get put into some kind of holding pen and/or will be brought back at the end of this contest.

In fairness, that's how ALL MCU villains not named "Loki" are treated. It's not like they're being treated with less dignity than Hela or Crossbones or The Red Skull or whoever.

Pepe Larraz's art is a joy for the eyes. And the colorist is great too.

I believe red skull will come back somehow.

can't wait to see how she later blames this on quicksliver

Simon with the bantz and nice pose, I like that

Its JLA/Avengers 2, without DC.

To be fair they didn't really lose to the Black Order, they were taken off guard by the Lethal Legion because they weren't familiar with these new characters or their abilities

Metal Master stealng Mjolnir fucked them over
And no one expected the psychic tentacle girl

>not even Carol to make it even a little worthwhile

wow, this series is getting more and more boring the more I read it. Isn't the 4th issue traditionally supposed to be the most exciting, building up to the first break in issue 6?

Shit character quota is already filled by the Black Order, sorry.

How many issues is this anyway? Is it a lot that's why they're releasing this weekly or something?

It doesn't end until april. I don't know who they expect to buy that many comics

>Crossbones
>Dead
I'm almost certain that he isn't. He's just going to come back even more fucked up and cyborgy. They're going to turn him into the MCU's Baxter Stockman.

April? What the fuck. It's still (technically) January. If only this was good but no. Also doesn't mean that this event is long that they have the right to make it so fucking boring, they should pick up the pace holy fuck. It's already weekly.

>It's... a legitimate art form...
I wonder if alien races have deviantArt.

Last week was pretty great. I like it because of quick silver and metal master.

That's comics for ya

>Like the Black Order and thought they were great in Hickmans run
>Now they're being pushed everywhere

So is Pymtron still in Alaska? If so I hope he shows up as one of the "obstacles".

>Liked the Black Order

Super one note, but they were super interesting.

If 99999, my opinions are always right.

There is nothing wrong with the black order beside being new.

They are great. It's a good thing that Marvel is pushing them, I just hope they don't overdo it like Bendis with the Hood.
Marvel needs new big, recurrent villains, since characters like Ultron, Kang or Apocalypse have been done to death.

I saw a death flag on Lightning.
Glad he dodged it

No Surrender is better than almost anything DC has right now.

It's way to obvious to kill him off right?

yfw Voyager is Gwenpool disguising herself as a serious character to join the Avengers

>I suspect that Brown Dwarf was so cavalier about touching his pyramid thing because he knew it wasn't really death, or that it wasn't permanent or something
I mean, every single member of the Black Order is supposed to be dead. Clearly the Challenger must have brought them back somehow.

>AVENGERS OBSERVE!
kek

>Dr. Ho.
Snort

>people pretending he's dead
Yeah, he's just going to be teleported.

can travel through time and space
>is actually travelling through panels
is a former Avengers
>found a way to alter some old comics art

You're correct Carol could only make it worse.
Besides we already have a filthy Kree in this comic.

It's not going to be her. Stop dreaming.

Gwen-meme is over. She's never coming back. Ever.

Even worse, she will be relegated to a Squirrel Girl supporting character.

It's great how this artist gives no fucks and draws Sam like a monkey even in the previous issues.