Monster High/Ever After High thread

Monster High/Ever After High thread

If you were in charge of the reboot for Monster High, how would you do it? What would you change and what would you keep the same?

If you were in charge of Ever After High, what would you do differently? Alternatively, where would you have it go from where it left off with Epic Winter?

Does Ever After High have any chance at ever coming back?

I'd say chances are pretty low, the people who had done the animation had moved on, and Mattel is still suffering after their loss of the Disney Princess line.
Not to mention EAH never did that great, it did just well enough while the money brought in by the Disney Princess line supported the quality, the current dolls being released would have to do really well for Mattel to consider doing more for EAH.

Damn.

So my first exposure to MH were the two CG reboot movies, and holy fuck do I love the way they look. Can't say I really liked the story though. For the first movie, all the characters just seemed suuuper bland. I was watching it with a friend who was into monster high closer to when the webseries was first coming out, and she said that they act a lot younger in the reboot. Frankie in particular is adorable in the reboot, which is why the second movie is such a shame. Those 'electrified' outfits looked dumb as fuck and I could hardly stand looking at them for too long. Same with that weird-ass pikachu type thing? Hated that shit. It was all worth it though for Clawdeen's mom who is FUCKING adorable, and it's a goddamn travesty that there is virtually no fanart for her.

they did some re-releases apparently.

Yeah they really blew it with how godawful Electrified was.
I actually think that's why the reboot is doing so bad right now, because they sank so much into a shitty movie with a shitty doll line.
The reboot had a chance to be decent, despite it being a vanilla form of MH, damn shame what it's become.

I have some fan art, but it's mostly lesbian stuff.

I really REALLY wanted to like the movies because of how cute everyone was, but I just couldn't. I am pretty sad that the movies are so bad, because you're right, I almost never see MH discussion here anymore, never see commercials for toys or anything, and since I'm pretty new to the series I feel like I walked into a ghost town.

did you do it yourself? I'd love to see it. if it's lesbian stuff that might be mine, I drew her with Frankie a few times.

It is in fact your stuff.

So, Persona style Monster High RPG when?

I really like these two.

I like to imagine that Kitty phases crotch first in the faces of people.

dangit

Meanwhile have some other stuff.

so which is better, Monster High or Ever After High? And how are they connected, I always see them in these joint threads but I thought they were entirely different things

My MH Reboot:
-Make the mummies more monstrous, they just look like humans
--More Seth/Pharaoh
-Chart up consistent class schedules for each character. Not to make the series follow everything to the letter, but to get some consistency on who is interacting with who and why.
-Stop adding new siblings for Clawdeen
-More parent appearances (no specific ones, just in general)
-More interactions with humans
--Bring back Lillith Van Hellscream

My EAH Reboot:
Honestly the original Shannon Hale books did a lot of good stuff, so I guess just that but with a little more logic and consistency to the way the fairy tale world works.

Ever after High, IMO.

It kinda depends on what you want.
I think Ever After High has a better story and better animation, but I love Monster High characters more.
Ever After High has more of a plot going on, Monster High is a bit more comfy.

Everything here plus
>Bring back Lillith Van Hellscream
Perfection.

Yeah, unfortunately anyone who was introduced through the new movies kinda arrived to Monster High at its lowest, I really don't know where Monster High will be going from here.
I wish they just kept Monster High in the same universe, same characters, just with the new style.

Cleo stepped down from the antagonist role too early and Toralei is completely ineffective, the school needs a reoccurring mean girl who stays mean and maybe has a gun.

I think that Amanita Nightshade was going to be the new reoccurring mean girl before the reboot happened

>More Seth/Pharaoh
Never not upset that Mattel dropped the plan for a Seth/Pharaoh doll.

This - But since it wasn't mentioned; they're made by the same toy line there for character designs and that stuff goes through them. also theres a literal mirror that connects the two worlds. Character have been said to go back and forth through it. basically it.

Monster High has always been style over substance, though. Even the pre-boot stuff is mostly punny fluff.

>And how are they connected
Both owned by Mattel.
Technically they are connected, the character Cupid can cross over to the others world through a mirror as said, there was gonna be a crossover movie but that got dropped, there was a book though.

>Alternatively, where would you have it go from where it left off with Epic Winter?

-The next season's story should have revolved around the aftermath of the kiss. The Charmings have to accept the revelation that Darling is the real Prince Charming and Daring isn't. Apple wonders what this means for her story and looks to Darling for answers. Darling is conflicted because she wants her brother to have the story he wants but at the same time she slowly starts to fall for Apple and wonders if she might be lez.
-A movie centered around Ramona and Cerise and their parents
-Show how Duchess and Justine slowly become friends. They remind me of the main characters of the book Skating Shoes, with a rich girl and a poor girl who find common ground in their dancing.
>Do something with Courtly, maybe she and Faybelle could team up for some kind of scheme
>Lizzie ends up with Daring, homewrecker Rosabella goes back to her home planet

>book
has no Cupid tho.

>Rosabella goes back to her home planet
She can take Dexter with her.

>EAH got canned
damn it, all that potential gone
but at least we got lesbians out of it

Anybody here read the Tales of the Five Hundred Kingdoms series?

I have not, how is it?

>If you were in charge of the reboot for Monster High, how would you do it?

Keep the cheap dolls for kids but rebrand them. Keep the web flash shows with this brand.

Create a premium line of larger dolls with new molds based on the reboot movie models. Outfits should be more realistic mature fashion. Price dolls at $40~60 range, $15~30 for outfits.

Any more CGI movies should be tied to this brand. Rather than focusing on friendships and acceptance, the stories should be more adversarial, moody, and contain elements of horror. These are glamorous monsters, not ponies.

Not a bad idea overall. The audience is aging and it's a more teenage approach, keeps the fans and maybe expands the pool a little further.

I like it, I wish Mattel treated MH similar to Barbie in understanding that it has both a kid audience and an older audience of collectors.
I'm not sure how I feel about the dolls molds being based off the reboot movie models, they're cute but I liked the darker dramatic faces.

>Price dolls at $40~60 range, $15~30 for outfits.
I think you'd lose a lot of customers at that price point. One of the reasons EAH had trouble catching on was because they were more expensive than the other fashion dolls being sold at the time and that was only by a couple of dollars.

>Price dolls at $40~60 range, $15~30 for outfits.
Dolls and clothing separate?

>they're cute but I liked the darker dramatic faces

The problem with the older designs is that they were optimized for decals and painted features. For a premium doll at that price or higher, I'd expect eye socket/glass eyes, and toned down makeup so that face ups are easier to do. That opens up another accessories market.

Guess I just prefer the painted features, glass eyes are nice, but I miss the fun makeup.

So something more like the blushy pastel faces you see on Etsy?

>I think you'd lose a lot of customers at that price point.

The $40~60 price range puts it in line with video games, something retailers love because of the profit to space ratio. It's also a price that keeps it between mass market fashion dolls, and the high end, $300-and-up ball joint collectors market, which is the kind of consumer these dolls would really be for. These are people who buy dolls for themselves, not price conscious parents.

There really isn't much competition at this price range. The closest I can think of are those hideous American Girl dolls at $100 a pop.

Could see something similar to how Bratzillaz did it, occasionally having some more fun makeup designs but also having nicely shaded eyes

I prefer the paint as well. Glass/inset eyes make the faces look more like masks and it kinda creeps me out.

I got a couple of Bratzillaz on clearance when that line died, and the inset eyes really do look good. I also own literally every Pinkie Cooper, those also have inset eyes and I love them. They can be creepy, but I think they're not ALWAYS creepy, and sometimes that look is what you want for a monster doll.

I found a jade bratzillaz doll in a thrift store, a bit messy hair but easy to fix, I really love her intense red eyes and heart pupils

niggas... this shit is for elementary school girls... cmon...

My guy, where the fuck do you think we are.

>It's the "Kitty discovers manga" epiode
>runs crotch first into people with a piece of toast in her mouth.

>If you were in charge of Ever After High, what would you do differently?
It would be Ever After High but if it were written by Gen Urubutcher.

Pretty good, the main gist is that fairy tale tropes are like the laws of physics and people trying to manipulate it for their own ends.

Nobody cares about stuff being for kids or not anymore.

But how would summoning work? If you are a monster, getting a Japanese folk her to fight for you is underwhelming. Point build system instead where characters change physically?

That could be something interesting. Having the faces truly be masks.

i'm a guy and is it normal that I love watching Monster High?

I only love the original stuff (Gen1), I have all the webisodes downloaded on my laptop, I have all the films, and have the 4 console games

it's hard to find a fandom for this show unlike MLP and its Brony fandom

The target audience simply means the ones they are aiming for. Is no more weird than mothers watching TV shows about superheroes because their children are there.

I think using their innate monster powers would be the way to go.

does the toys count?
i would make a movie about them going to the past, i could make a lot of doll with many dresses, but in particular caveman costume, maybe even some dinos toys.
also just like they did frankie ghost buster, i would make clawdeen scooby doo, dressed like scooby doo. because she is bitch.

So Clawdeen in just a collar, I can dig it.

>i would make a movie about them going to the past
The original plot of Freaky Fusion involved the girls going to a couple of different time periods in the past. I think there's some production art floating around of monsters in 50's clothes somewhere.

Guys have been a part of MH fandom from the beginning. I remember that one of the Mattel MH artists had a blog for a while and he was a dude. Paying attention to the tie in video games is a little different though. Are they any good?

Gonna write an incest story. Would it be O'haircest?

Helga x Gus is one of my main ships

Well the creator is a guy, so don’t feel so bad.

I always thought there would be cute GingerxGus moments, have the twins go screaming off away from Ginger but Gus comes back and taking the food and giving a little "thank you" before leaving. Ginger just smiles as sweetly as Ginger does

Can it be Apple having a mommy kink with the Evil Queen?

Charmingcest pls.

Werent the Inner Monster dolls like that?

Any good MH or EAH reaction images?

for the reboot I would:

Start with the ghouls in their classical outfits, Clawdeen wears nothing but rags, Frankie with badly stitched clothes,and so on.

Their school is just a regular school without colors, their exam is go into the human world and scare people.

Clawdeen is sent to Paris to scare people, she falls in love with the fashion and the colors, decides to add color to the school, recruits other ghouls.

She makes friends with a designer, she teaches her everything about sewing and fashion.

Another human finds out about Clawdeen, a mob goes after Clawdeen, she feels sad but through support of her friends they decide to change humans perception on monsters and viceversa.

Big lesbian orgy at the end.

Toralei gets jealous of the atttention, cats and dogs, she decides to make her own fashion faction, claws vs fangs,they go around recruiting followers in school. a new monster is introduced each episode, Clawdeen and Toralei battle to recruit them. Toralei walks around in nothing but a sexy mini bikini with cat paws.

almost forgot this one

Yup. They sold like shit too.

Yup I remember that, shame since the changing eyes were cool.

Honestly, I don't know why I ship Helga and Gus, but they cute together