I've always wondered, considering how many gadget channels there are on youtube...

I've always wondered, considering how many gadget channels there are on youtube, why aren't there any supervillains in real life yet? Im surlised Someone didnt try and make a freeze gun or build flame gauntlets for crime.

So far the only comic type supervillain we have on real life is Killdozer
youtu.be/PZbG9i1oGPA

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/elon-musk-500-dollar-flamethrowers-sold-out-for-10-million/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All of these are impractical and would be outmatched quickly by guns.

Aren't bulletproof vests a thing? Plus killdozer was actually practically unstoppable until he killed himself

A vest can save you from 1-2 bullets, I doubt you'll be able to resist properly after such an impact.

Because realistic gadgetry isn't sufficient to actually make you a supervillain.

Things like powered armor, and really, armor at all that could actually help you deal with SWAT police weaponry is a fairy tale.

Real science works a lot differently than in comics, user.

They also mostly protect the vest area. And even in those cases, the villain would be better served by a gun too.

If it's one supervillain that you'd find cool if they were put in the real world, who'd it'd be? I'd like captain cold or magneto

Because its too luck based. In comics villains have plot armor against just average shit. In real life you get shot by a random cop, or if shit gets real serious a swat sniper.

God

Magneto would be pretty fucking terrifying.

Cuz those gadgets would not be able to stop a bullet.
Cuz standard kevlar won't be able to stop many bullets
Cuz wearing enhanced kevlar on every inch of your body would cause you to overheat
Cuz creating breathable power armor requires years of research and unimaginable amount of funds
Cuz you'd make more money just selling the expensive designs.

I wouldn't put supervillains in the real world. For fucks sake, they are villains with the potential and intention to cause some real havoc in our world. As if we don't have enough problems as it is.

t. cuck

A big part of being a successful criminal is being able to commit crimes on the downlow. Supervillainy would only work if you knew you could get in and get far away before law enforcement shows up. I'm sure there are several ways to pull it off, but it would only take one slip-up to end your career. Hence why Killdozer's reign of destruction ended when his tank got stuck.

Police get armor piercing rounds. Civilians don't.
Super villain shows up with something that looks REMOTELY dangerous police are going to draw and put him down quick.

Anti-tank defenses. Also they'd have to get more food, water, ammunition, and fuel. If I recall it isn't too difficult to cripple tank turrets with some well placed energy displacement. An individual tank in an area with competent and quick defenses is still pretty vulnerable.

user, there's no reason for us to take supervillains alive. If some maniac starts running around killing people the police aren't going to try to meet them on equal terms, they're going to put a bullet in their head as fast as possible.

supervillains in real life aren't supervillains because they want to do this flashy, impractical, downright autistic flamboyant shit, they want to accomplish goals unhindered, or if they're actually evil bastards, they want to continue abusing and hurting other people because they like abusing and hurting other people.

what you're asking is why aren't malevolent, vicious people as obsessed with putting up a show, impressing or entertaining the world while they do what they do, and the answer is of course, if you were really willing to be a criminal asshole, you do it because you want to commit crimes, not because you want to be a spectacle for your potential victims.

There's no point in being a supervillain in the real world. The most lucrative crimes you can commit are ones that don't require more than a gun and a good, simple, quick plan. Actual "supervillain"-esque crimes wouldn't actually net you much in terms of money. And if you used supervillain tactics not to steal money but to steal something valuable under maximum security, you couldn't do anything with it because, a) it would be too high profile, and b) stealing something lowers its value.

People who rob museums for valuable works of art run into this problem. Most of the time you can't sell stolen art because even the most cynical, devil-may-care art collector won't pay that much money for something that might get him arrested. There was a news story a few years ago about a stolen valuable painting that was recovered by police when they arrested the thief for an unrelated crime. He had the painting under a sheet in his own closet. They asked him why he kept it in his closet all those years and he admitted that once it was stolen he couldn't find anyone that was willing to buy it from him.

Scarecrow

I don't think you know how bullets work

You literally have no idea what you are talking about

Not like he was planning anything else, he never intended to leave the tank

Killdozer didn't even kill anyone but himself, it was a complete letdown to a dude's homemade tank rampage.

I see some anons never heard of the North Hollywood shootout.

Are any of those things wrong though?

supervillains IRL are behind-the-scenes type guys
and when they get caught
the go to minimum-security prison

It was the same with the guy in San Diego who stole a tank in the 90s

The worst part is with a stolen painting is you can't even display it in your own home just to be proud of your own robbery, because eventually someone who sees it will realize its that long lost stolen painting and your'e busted.

>meanwhile, Sup Forums is completely unaware about ransomware groups

There are super villains IRL, we just don't hear about them.

Mafia bosses, for example. Any organized crime leader is basically supervillain, but because they don't have far reaching affects like wiping out cities with nukes or superpowers, we don't hear about them. Doesn't change the fact that they exist.

How would mario rick handle main timeline rick in a fight

He actually set out to destroy the buildings because he was frustrated with the people who owned them. So even though he didn't actually kill anyone, he achieved what he set out to do since he set out to cause massive property damage.

Really makes me wonder what Lupin the third does with all of the shit he steals.

>going through the late night serial killer wikipedia entry rabbit hole again

no thank you

You realize that ended with SWAT showing up and just fucking killing them, right?

What's your argument? That a sidearm isn't going to take out some yahoo in retard armor from ten yards?

Everyone's arguing about your question, but I'm losing my mind over that news footage and how calm everyone sounds about a fucking tank right out of mad max just hanging out, fucking shit up

Mainline Rick would win, guy's a god at this point. Mario is gay anyway, nerd.

Well, its an old thing anyway. Everyone has seen it already.

That's most news reporter's jobs. The most insane shit could be going down but they are forced to be as professional as they can about presenting it without emotion

The shootout lasted over half an hour with the crooks largely standing out in the open, and one of them kept resisting after getting shot 20 times. Ergo
>A vest can save you from 1-2 bullets, I doubt you'll be able to resist properly after such an impact.
>Super villain shows up with something that looks REMOTELY dangerous police are going to draw and put him down quick.
are wrong.

They exist. They work for DARPA and mossad though. No need to risk the guy building the guns on the operation.

>Aren't bulletproof vests a thing?
No. They can stop handguns fairly reliably. Stopping rifle rounds predictably for more than two shots is very difficult.

LOL. No.

Mass property damage dozer doesn't have the same cachet.

I have no clue what the hell you mean when you say "energy displacement at the turret".

The shit about logistics and how tanks don't operate by themselves without support is fine, but not relevant. What police besides the maybe NYPD has anti tank weapons?

If you're posting your weapons online or ordering the ingredients to Mustard gas, the government's watching you.

Villains are far more successful keeping a low profile. Villains really don't want to be known.

For some reason I thought that the you showed was fuckin hilarious. Just a giant armored fucking tank destroying everything in its path.

Yeah, no. The durability of antibalistic materials are actually very well understood. That fact that a perp survived small arms fire at range tells us literally nothing about the vests. A naked human can survive being shot twenty times depending on where and what by.

You're making a non-point, deliberately shifting context as is convenient. A vest can save you from a few small caliber rounds at close range. That's absolutely true. Saying otherwise because of the NoHo shootout is as reasonable as suggesting that vests can't stop bullets because a 7.62 round at point blank will go through it.

If a police officer unloads his sidearm into your chest, you are not going to be ok no matter what you're wearing.

So two posts assert that cops can and will always put criminals down quickly and with just a couple shots, and a real world example of dozens of cops failing to do so is shifting the goalposts?

No, it's cherry picking.

et tu, Brutus?

Giganta

Even if a vest protects you, it still will hurt like a bitch and leave you on the ground

FBI, ATF, Secret Service and the Marshall's keep tabs on those channels and any websites they find that teach people how to into homemade weapons. As soon some fag on their watch lists pop up they're on them like white on rice. You gotta be really fucking slick to get past the Feds these days.
Kill dozed broke down and that's why he killed himself senpai.

Incompetence.

>Cuz you'd make more money just selling the expensive designs.
But I dont want to be rich, I want to be a supervillain.

There's no reason to become a supervillain in real life because human nature and entropy are already doing a fine job of destroying this world. Becoming a supervillain is like pissing into a sea of piss. You can convince yourself you're helping end the world, but you're not.

Same thing goes for becoming a real life super hero. You can convince yourself you make a difference, but numbers don't lie. You could save 100 people's lives but on a planet with almost 8 billion humans, nothing you do really matters.

Also kind of obvious to say but Trump basically set the bar pretty high for selfish assholes who don't value most life who want to seize control of the free world through sneaky, underhanded means. If anyone tops him, there wont be many of us left to even pass on the tale.

But I don't want to cure cancer. I want to turn people into dinosaurs!

On top of all that, there are people who do this (minus any fantastical weapons), but most of the time, people catch wind of what they're doing and get caught way before they wreak any havoc

OP are you trying to pull a "Kick-ass" on us, but with villains?

Listen why don't you go read literature and watch Thriller movies and understand the fact that there are in fact plenty of heroes and villains, but in much subtler and mature manners. Actually brush off the subtlety, some are downright psychopath of either sadism or justice. You do not want to deal with real sociopaths and psychopaths or highly righteous uncompromising people of justice. They're genuinely scary fucks and genuine main characters with far more mental fortitude than the average person.

>doesn't know that AP rounds are in fact, a thing

That's the super villain we really need.

Black Cat so we could fug

>there are in fact plenty of heroes and villains, but in much subtler and mature manners
retard

Can't you just claim that it is an imitation?

80s action movie villains are the most realistic and lucrative.

Well OP with all those $500 flamethrowers that got sold we might get someone similar to firefly on the news soon.

Well OP with all those $500 flamethrowers that got sold we might get someone similar to firefly on the news soon.
When did this happen? Source?

Elon Musk may not be a super villain but he may have just helped create a few.

cbsnews.com/news/elon-musk-500-dollar-flamethrowers-sold-out-for-10-million/

T-That can't be real user

And elon musk

>why aren't there any supervillains in real life yet?
Who the fuck do you think Jeff Bezos is? The supervillains in our world don't run around fighting the police with superweapons, they just manipulate the government and people with money.

>You could save 100 people's lives but on a planet with almost 8 billion humans, nothing you do really matters.
I can see it now.
>We're shutting down the police and fire departments. I mean, there's only 300 million people in this country, and there's 8 billion people on the planet, so nothing we do will ever matter.

Good job now at least three of the anons here just ran off to buy a flamethrowers.

How the hell would you even make a freeze gun user?

Then you need to pull a Ned Kelly

2/10 F
See me after class.

Better hope he didn't buy a flamethrower

>Hey! Hey Morty! hey! I turned myself into a plumber!

>Police get armor piercing rounds. Civilians don't.
Any decent hunting caliber qualifies for an "armor piercing" round.
Double if you're using steel cored Soviet surplus.

Those are just regular villains.

Part of being a SUPERvillain is presentation. If you're not making a spectacle of it, then you're not super.

>killdozer
>villain
Fuck you OP.

The killdozer itself suffered a mechanical problem after a bullet managed to ricochet into the engine compartment and damaged the cooling system. Then it got stuck in the basement of a house or business.

Honestly the biggest problem with killdozer was that once the concrete armor was set in on top of it, he was basically dead.

user gets it

This man is the closest we got, at least with present technology.

Kill yourself.

>Killdozer
>villian
Pick one and only one

>that one guy who escaped prison by using a dummy and a drone

Using a drone to escape prison is right out of a batman cartoon and you know it.

What if he teamed up with D. B. Cooper, and one user with some flamethrowers strapped to his wrist, would they eventually conquer gotham?

Fire extinguisher with aerosolized liquid nitrogen

Nah the Wisconsin watchmen would team up with florida man and set them straight.

Nah, a supervillain needs superpowers or supergadgets or superfanatical henchmen capable of helping the supervillain achieve outright military world conquest.

I mean every once in a while we have Florida Man. He fucking RAPED AN ALLIGATOR for starters. All combined his feats read like the Joker mixed with Deadpool and then put on Crystal meth.

You take that very fucking back about Killdozer, you absolute shit.

Guns didn't do SHIT to killdozer.

>Any decent hunting caliber qualifies for an "armor piercing" round.
Depends on the level of protection and whether or not you're using a trauma plate.

But mostly rifle rounds would do the trick.

>steel cored soviet surplus
Not if you're in california. Sucks to be you guys.

Killdozer was the HERO we needed

Yeah, that's the thing. He basically consigned himself to the idea of death as soon as he got in.

Which is kind of hardcore in its own way.

>killdozer
>villain

He was standing up to The Man, after he got screwed out of his business by the city. He's the hero we all deserve.

You feel like regaling us with the whole story?

I just looked it up on wikipedia lol.

His legend lives on in the hearts of the next generation. Stay alert for Killdozer II in 2021

Bonus points if they cover it in christmas lights so we can call it Electric Boogaloo.