First look of Rise of the TMNT

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/tv/rise-of-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/splinter
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's a big Raph.

For you

Its shit

Looks like BELONGS IN THE TRASH.

Don't care if this is Sup Forums but a black April is a sin. Fuck that shit. Damn it, getting vibes of that awful black genius girl from Batman Beyond. And the rest of this concept is shit. Fuck it. Hope it doesn't last very long.

For you

>Black April O'Neil
Oh boy, here we go...

One of the original TMNT artists drew April to resemble his half-black girlfriend.

>It's another TMNT show without the best girl

>black April is a sin

Im more offended that made raph the leader desu

>tonfas
Fucking why? Leonardo still has his sword, so it wasn't to get rid of bladed weapons. Although apparently it's just the one sword now? What the fuck?

But that maybe grappling hook on the end of Donatello's staff looks kind of dope.

april looks like irma, if anything

like if they wanted to do a black april okay but that design doesn't look anything like april to me

This is what April looked like in the original comics, dipshit.

Anybody got those supposed leaks to compare this to?

I'm gonna reserve judgement until I see this in motion. But my hopes ain't high.

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

Looks pretty decent. Better than I was expecting and better than the "leak" from last year (or was it the year before?)

>getting vibes of that awful black genius girl from Batman Beyond
You mean the one who would've made for a better love interest than his canon one?

not that guy but from what i understand april's early designs are confusing in that they kind of look black but the first colorings (pre show) were white and it's generally scatterbrained

i don't mind the black april here but she doesn't really evoke even the early comic book april, i think. She could've been an OC and I'd have believed it.

Say what you will about these guys but... Damn I don't even have the words for OP's pic.

not feeling splinter at all here

He's apparently been so since 1990's TURTLE Power theme song.

Why is Raph the Hulk?

Reminds me of the Plastic Man shorts' art style.

>raph is huge
>april is a teen hipster with problem glasses
>april being black is fine, but she was probably only made black so the creators could fight the white male patriarchy
>splinter doesnt look like splinter at all

Did they fuck up Shredder too?

Original April wasnt black. She just has 80s hair, which was popular at the time.

Why couldn't this have been based off that short where it's the future, mutants control the world and the turtles are human kids in mechs?

It looks like someone tried to win a bet of "I bet you can't make a shittier design than the new Turtles movies."

>April is essentially an aged-up Moon Girl
I bet she's the smartest person in the universe as well.

Oh, so she's Jewish then.

I'm a fan of the artstyle and the lighting in this screenshot looks pretty good. Character designs I'm not so keen on though. The turtles look fine, from what I'm getting it's seems like
>Leo is going to be more confident and flexible and less anal about perfect teamwork
>Raph going to be the leader or at least the lead position but we don't know for sure.
>Mikey is still the goofball of the team but the impression I'm getting is that he'll be more serious and grounded than previous interpretations and not LOL XD all the time
>Donny finally looks like he's going to progress beyond technobabble mouthpiece and put on a more determined outlook. Wouldn't be surprised if he was took Raph's role of team grouch but I'm hoping for him to be more like Ratchet from Transformers Prime
Either way, I'm hopeful for the turtles, but the others seem less fortunate...
I'm impressed they went with a black April O'Neil. Not because it's progressive, but because they're so confident their show will be good enough that praise will outweigh the amount of triggered Sup Forums idiots who will flock to derail any other forms of discussion. Either way, this design does not look nice but I've seen worse before, so we'll see how it turns out.
Oh god, what the fuck did they do to Splinter? I'm assuming they'll go with the "Man mutated into a rat" origin as opposed to the original, what with him looking more humanlike than ever. Still a garbage design though, like Jesus Christ.

Overall, I'll reserve my full judgments for when the trailer comes out but I reckon the turtles will be better received than the previous Nickelodeon versions were but everything else will be pretty bad.

Honestly I don't mind the turtles, my only problem with April is that I don't think she looks like April (beyond "she isn't white," I just don't think she looks like the character from the way she dresses etc)

splinter is the only one I think looks kinda bad

>waaah this is shit because the girl is now black
>w-whaddya mean she was originally half-black in the comics
Thin-skinned manchildren like you make me laugh.

He looks like a rat version of the master from karate kid

4Kids

This is looks like trash and kinda racist. His 2012 design was god-tier.

That's kinda bad.
I'm disappointed because I thought they'd make her like a younger version of Mirage April, also she doesn't need glasses.

>NOT MUH TMNT

I'll wait until they have a video of it. I'm interested in the designs and style they're going with.

If they can make the animation really nice to support the designs, I'm all for it.

He looks fuckin retarded

I'm more bothered by the changes in their weapons than anything else

Bigger version for you

But April never looked one way.

>My favorite Turtle got the best re-design

I'm buying the merch

So are they magic now or

I would be cool with black April if she didn't have purple hair and SJW glasses. The character designs in general are absolute trash. They tried too hard to make it different.

I know what you mean, he looks operator as fuck

They all dressed kinda... Confidently? Like an outgoing girl, at least.

April looks like sort of a nerd here, like she might be an outcast. I said earlier, she reminds me of Irma more than April at a glance.

It's going to be shit.
Regardless of black April(but it certainly hurts the show as well)
Is that really that hard to make Casey Jones black? Seriously, it would make more sense than April.

What’s with the red facepaint?

I think April looks more like what I'd think a remake of Irma would look like.

He looks like a frog.

Based on a red-eared slider.

Sign of Raph's dominance.

If he has a deep voice I'm fucking sold

Wow, not at all what I expected. Props for going way different with it at least.

Though black April deserves an eyeroll.

This looks mostly inoffensive, except for changing their iconic weapons. Donatello's staff looks good, but the others all have been pointlessly changed. Why one sword instead of two? Why a morning star/meteor hammer thing instead of nun-chucks? Why tonfas instead of sais?

You know what? Black April? FINE. A nerd April? Also fine. Black Nerd April? Too much. No that's not a race thing. It's a design thing. You're coming on too strong and too hard. These reeks of design by committee. She's a camel.

Purely to be different. Fuck this abomination.

A camel toe, down there

>let's make the dim witted, ill tempered, sexist character black
Your racism is showing. I think you better scuttle on back to Sup Forums.

Oh, but it's alright for the turtles to be green, huh? Alright I see your game, you fucking racist.

>Ninja Tribunal, the show

As someone that loved that season, I'm down for this.

Would unironically prefer Bay Turtles to this.

Tmnt only gets worse with each iteration its like sonic and his games.

Turtles aren't always green though

Oh fuck it's going to be Thundercats all over again. Who let the Raph fanboy on the writing team?

I kind of love how stylish it is

Maybe the next turtle game is going to be really good?

ew.com/tv/rise-of-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/splinter

Interesting. Each turtle is a different breed (box turtle, snapping turtle, red-eared slider). So I guess they aren't biological brothers in this show.

>Yet another hip modernized and now progressive TMNT

This is getting Land Before Time levels of bad.

Part of what made the tmnt work for decades was the simplicity of their designs. Depending on the style they were drawn in they could be goofy kid friendly or 90's edge masters. When you start adding accessories and "quirks" out the ass you're only dating them to specific design fads of the decade.

Right off the bat it has way more personality/visual flair than the 2012 cartoon. People are pissed because it's different, all I care about is if it's good.

I cam only hope after that travesty that was the recent one. NO COUCH CO OP FUCKING REALLY?!

its trying to be its own thing and i honestly like that, there's plenty of series where the turtles are basically designed the same, this at least to me feels like a fresh take.

Not really black its like black enough to get the white kids to watch.

I'm definitely not feeling the designs, but full opinion is withheld until I see them in motion. But if it's that Harvey Danger animation style I might just shit a literal brick.

The turtles look good (especially tacticool Don) but Splinter looks like something out of Beavis and Butt-head.

I hope Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang, and Baxter Stockman look good.

It just reminds me of that one old DA image of the redesigned turtles including the fem Mikey and tank-like Raph.

>Broke: This sucks, April is black. Why do they have to make everything PC?
>Woke: This sucks, April has a weapon. They missed the point of the character just like the 2012 cartoon did.

>let
Similar to what said, the longer TMNT goes on the more Raph fans, not turtles but Raph fans, are made. Who in turn influence the way things steer even further ahead.
There is no "let", inevitably at some point TMNT is just a vehicle for Raph, Shredder and their respective supporting cast.

Raph has always been the most overrated turtle of the franchise notice how EVERY SINGLE MAIN THEATRICAL MOVIE IS ABOUT HIM. I hate this raging dumbass.

My niggas don needs to shine more

>I'm definitely not feeling the designs, but full opinion is withheld until I see them in motion.

Yeah, I'm still waiting this out. I didn't like the Transformers Animated designs at first till I saw the cartoon.

Turtle games are shit now because 3D game development is much harder than 2D. You will never get a decent modern turtles game unless you hire the right team at Platinum or Capcom and do NOT interrupt them with committee shit. The moment you do? You ruin the gameplay.

My god, i wanted a 2D tmnt show for years, but the art style is horrendous. Am relived that april is at least cute still

Go back to twitter, newfag.

At least everybody agrees that Baxter is black, right?

I will be happy for another tmnt 3 i wpuld pay premium price for another attack on manhattan, tmnt 2 or turtles in time. I just want a good turtles game it really should not be this hard.

Softshoe house nigga.

Plot twist, April is black in this because Baxter is now white.

>Those glasses.

This will suck.

Why do they all have glowing energy weapons?

>you can't make fun of a black person.
>no matter if it's one of the most intelligent characters of the show.