I Hate Fairyland

What's everyones opinion on I Hate Fairyland?

I started reading this yesterday and it's been a great read so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/5DWit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A little on the nose but fun.

It's a guilty pleasure of mine. The random violence and vulgarity of it seem to always be fun to me.

has some of the best art of any ongoing series, but Skottie Young really should have gotten someone else to write this instead of handling that as well, cause he's a mediocre writer at best, especially when it comes to pacing, it's fine for the first "Volume" cause it was meant to just be a mini-series, but it falls apart from volume two onward

really the best thing about it is the art it inspires here on Sup Forums

would be fun if it got a TV(or maybe Netflix/Hulu/Amazon) adaptation someday, though if that were to happen I'd hope it'd be a loose adaptation rather than try to be accurate to the comic in any way besides style

I think it started falling apart at Volume 3, alot of it just felt like very needless filler and the ending was pretty meh. We did get that one guest drawn issue of what Larry's life would have been like without Gert, that was nice.

I think I Hate Fairyland must be coming to a close with the next volume. I feel like Skottie is running out of ideas and the series really just needs to end before it over stays it's welcome.

I dunno I'd say the problems came pretty much the moment Volume 2 started, cause while Gert is funny, she's honestly too shallow for most of the comic's run to work very well as it's main character, at least once it became an ongoing instead of a mini-series

really he should have had Gert stay queen and introduce a new main character that could be less shallow(and even if he didn't do that he should have had the focus shift over to Duncan once he came into the comic*)

*a good analogy for this is to compare it with another Indie Comic that Sup Forums likes that is relatively unknown anywhere else; Body Bags, pretty much everyone will agree that the first mini-series Father's Day is only slightly above average at best and that it becomes a lot better in the several one-shots that compose volume 2 Theories of Violence, and to me at least the reason why is pretty simple, in three of the four stories that compose that volume(the fourth is basically just an epilogue for volume one) the focus character is switched from Clownface(who to be honest is not a likable person at all, even if he is a badass) to his daughter Panda, who is a much more likable, sympathetic character(which is why I'm worried that volume 3 if it ever comes out might not be very good cause what little info we have on it indicates that the focus might be shifting back to Clownface)

Kinda dumb after the queen does and we didn't get anything worthwhile with Happy. Unless we did, I haven't read it in awhile.

It's fun. It isn't in four face with some repugnant preachy Bullshit and it censors itself in the best way.

It's a good read.

I enjoy it the art is nice gert is cute and i do hope she finds her way back home one day

I like it.
It's not as good as an ultraviolent read as The Mask comics, but it definitely scratches the itch for it.

All in all stuff like this is what comics are made for. A wild story who best told visually, with still visuals that can be pulled off easier than say animating or live action movie making.

how is there anyone still alive, she kills everyone

Volume three ends with Gertrude dying and being sent to Hell, which Happy is now the ruler of.

Queen probably comes back from death somehow, as she already appears in flashbacks or reimaginations. Happy, Duncan and the witch are recurring characters. I assume the series is now on its halfway point.

>Queen probably comes back from death
>probably
Nevermind, she is on the cover of #18 issue.

requesting I Hate Fairyland be the next storytime for /cgl/

I liked it better when it was called Happy Tree Friends.

Friendly reminder this is NOT canon adult Gert

No, but it isn't all that far off either(assuming you meant the Queen Gertrude we see in Gert's dream in volume 2, and not that gross bloated version that I still firmly believe was the result of a poorly worded wish on Gert's part and/or that wishing ale pulling a Monkey's Paw on her than anything else)

Neat

I like the art but it's not my style of comedy. I like the idea of it being an R-rated parody of Skottie Young's own Oz adaptations but I just don't end up laughing that much and in the end would rather just read the Oz stuff.

Cant wait for season 4

Same

>Friendly reminder this is NOT canon adult Gert
yeah she looks like this

>R-rated parody of Skottie Young's own Oz adaptations

I believe it also came from how much he hates the childrens' books he reads to his own kids.

bump

Makes ya wonder what he'll do when he gets sick and tired of adult comedy ultraviolence.

Meh

The first arc is great.

However it reads like it was meant to end with the first arc, but it did better than expected so they changed the ending and are dragging it out.

I'm like 99% certain Young said as much. Too many ongoing serials at Image imo, more people need to approach a project with an actual ending in mind rather than just seeing how long they can keep a comic going.

bump

the I Hate Image one-shot was fantastic

wasn't bad, but it felt aimless and pointless even by one shot standards

Question about that: which Image creator is the one that ends all his sentences in "buddy"?

I like girls that are dark on the outside, cute on the inside. Not the other way around.

I think it's Todd

Gotta keep the gravy train rolling

Endings are a rare commodity these days

SJW Tumblerina trash

Gertrude's cute

It's bad but it has some really nice art and it has the occasional genuinely funny moment.

This is the ideal female body

I love it and want to marryGert

What an awful tittle.

Why didn't Gertrude try to find a glamour or some way to MAGICALLY make herself look like a bust badass adult?

Some alt covers go by "Fuck Fairyland"

0/10

She's tried twice, it never works out like everything else she does.

Is there any scans of the third volume or second? I think i've read the first, and maybe the second.

looks like pure ow the edge

how is this possibly good?

When was the second time, I only remember the time with the wishing ale

bump

bump

I'm biased against it because I really hate Skottie Young, but the concept is pretty neat.

explain

one last bump for the night

Nice

Where can I read it?

I really enjoy it

agreed

Haven't caught up. Has Happy reemerged yet?
I was hoping she'd be some kind of rival or something for gert

Last I've seen...

yes, kinda.

uh oh

gimme a sadpanda link

imgur.com/a/5DWit

Thx

is there moar?

LEWD

Yes but i don't have them

Why do you hurt me so.

LEWD