DC NATION #0 To Preview Big JOKER, JLA Stories

On Wednesday, May 2, DC NATION #0, a 32-page comic book, will be available at comic book retailers at a cover price of $0.25 and free via digital download. DC NATION #0 spotlights events from three of DC’s top storytellers – Scott Snyder, Tom King and Brian Michael Bendis, all best-selling, celebrated authors.

With the unbelievable conclusion to Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s DARK NIGHTS: METAL paving the way for the JUSTICE LEAGUE: NO JUSTICE four-issue weekly series (with co-writers James Tynion IV, Joshua Williamson and artist Francis Manapul), fans will be clamoring for more information on what kind of wild, over the top roller-coaster ride Snyder and crew have planned next; artist Jorge Jiménez (SUPER SONS) joins him for a preview of just how big the Justice League’s next challenge will be when JUSTICE LEAGUE: NO JUSTICE begins May 9.

In a Batman story by Tom King and artist Clay Mann, The Joker gets word about the wedding between the Bat and the Cat, and he’s not happy. With the wedding story arc reaching its climax in BATMAN #50 on sale July 4, The Joker will be that one wedding guest most likely to speak now and not hold his peace at all.

From the return of the trademark red trunks to the debut of superstar writer Brian Michael Bendis in the ACTION COMICS #1000 comic book in April, the future for Superman couldn’t shine any brighter, but for fans, that’s just the tip of the super-iceberg. Bendis, along with legendary artist José Luis García-López, is also contributing an all-new story to DC NATION #0, a prelude to his highly anticipated MAN OF STEEL weekly miniseries debuting May 30.

Fans will also get a sneak preview of DC’s new promotional magazine DC NATION. The debut issue of this free, full-sized fan magazine will be the perfect place for fans to get the latest news on what’s happening at DC, arriving at comic book retailers on June 6 and available for digital download.

Well that marriage lasted less time than I thought.

>Martian Manhunter
I'm happy

Right, so is anything interesting going to happen, or is this just more cookie cutter wastes of time?

so is DC finally ignoring the three joker things and letting king write a joker story?

oh for bendis they'll bring out lopez
why don't those fuckers give him more work

>DC’s new promotional magazine DC NATION
What is this going to be, DC's Shonen Jump or Televi-kun?

I hope Joker arrives in a wedding dress.

My guess is that Joker will or ALMOST kill Selina, which will make Bruce realize having an wife will just make everything more difficulty. And they break things off.

>a prelude to his highly anticipated MAN OF STEEL weekly miniseries debuting May 30.
>highly anticipated
>was announced hours ago

probably like that dc rebirth magazine they did, just giving info on new comics with interviews

>DC Nation

Confusingly, the animation block had a magazine, but only lasted two issues.

It's probably just the freebie shit from Previews. Marvel has had one for ages.

>DC's Shonen Jump
Fuck off, weeaboo cunt.

I will be shocked if this doesn't happen.

It would open Bruce up to be DARKER and MORE EDGY THAN EVER and also open Selina up for another solo since she won't be tied to Bruce and people can't ask "where's Batman, her husband???".

That’s a sweet looking cover

What's up with all the events DC? Stop.

So it's a one off, not a continuous thing? Shame

but which one of the 3?

I am scared that harley will show up to beat up joker and protect bruce and selina.

user, that's the case with every Detective Comics Comics comic. Batman is the only thing anyone gives a shit about. People either want the focus to be on Batman, or that characters should change to be more like Batman.

>Justice League is big 7 again

feels good man

Ya know, it'll be great if Harley and Ivy were the ones to beat up Joker, you know as a sign of what good friends of Selina they are

Don't make me develop punch-through-internet-superpowers just to smack your face.

>Trunks on Supes
hngggg they're here to stay

Oh, sorry. It'll be great FOR ME. I forgot to add that

>Jimenez with the trunks
WATTBA

>The Joker gets word about the wedding between the Bat and the Cat, and he’s not happy. With the wedding story arc reaching its climax in BATMAN #50 on sale July 4, The Joker will be that one wedding guest most likely to speak now and not hold his peace at all.
HAHAHAHHA

Wait Batman is getting married on Independence Day?

probably like image+

2018 we are forgotten

>DC’s top storytellers – Scott Snyder, Tom King and Brian Michael Bendis
No way this is real. Fucking hell

Tom King sucks. Why people like him so much?

his batman has nice premises, but the execution is horrible

>premises
What premises?

Snyder is JL, King is Batman, and Bendis is Supes

Welcome the new Architects!

the ones he steals from old issues he finds on wikipedia.

>selling the 0 issue of your new relaunch for only 0.25 cent so everyone get to know what up

This is genius

>take a massive hit on overhead so the gimmick issue sells a big number
>LCS get to feel like they're dealing in penny stocks for the month
>nobody cares about the stories and it doesn't bring in any new readers
>long time readers like me say that was the last straw

I mean that last one is conjecture but I can't imagine why you would think that's smart.

>hey wanna know what superman, batman, and the justice league are up to? check it out for a quarter!

>With the wedding story arc reaching its climax in BATMAN #50
Fuck me, is it really gonna take that long? They're really stretching this out aren't they?

was that a legitimate response to the loss of a few hundred thousand dollars?

or were you just making the joke that that's absurd. can't really tell today shitposting is at an all time high.

it's like 80/20 leaning towards shitposting.

it does seem smart to me to try and hook people with this issue to jump on King's Batman, the Justice League stuff, or Bendis Superman instead of a regular issue/new number 1

Issue 50 out in July, dummy.

Batman proposed in issue #32. That's 18 issues of faffing about until the wedding. That kind of thing should never really be more than one arc.

War of Jokes and Riddles happened right after the proposal

Weddings typically take a long time to plan. Couple that with pretending to run a business, protect Gotham, training Damian, Steph, and Tim, and Cass, arguing with Kate, trying to save Clayface, and being part of the Justice League, on top of all the Metal shenanigans, and, well...

I get that. That's cool and all.

But they're still sinking a few hundred thousand into that from "lost" (potential) money to printing costs. And this is so they can hopefully bring in new readers?

Like I said my last point was conjecture but I can't be the only one that has no intention of staying with most books after this all sets into motion.

you're right. on all of it.

WOJAR was trash with terrible art and still that doesn't matter. It was a flashback there was no reason to put it there and the story suffered by contextualizing it as batman admitting his worst defeat to catwoman.

especially when it ends with "silly autist I'm catwoman I'm an autist too. So 'yes'"

Just because weddings take a long time to plan doesn't mean that stretching out the "engagement arc" to fill 3 trades makes for good storytelling. Plus, your justification doesn't even really make sense since I don't expect the next 10 issues to be about Bruce and Selina picking out napkins for the reception.

12 were WOJAR

The actual wedding arc has been what, the Talia stuff and the Superfriends stuff?

>From the return of the trademark red trunks

That's all I care about :3

This is truly the darkest timeline...

I'm not counting WOJAR. I'm being generous and starting from the second time he proposed after that arc.

>WOJAR was trash with terrible art and still that doesn't matter. It was a flashback there was no reason to put it there and the story suffered by contextualizing it as batman admitting his worst defeat to catwoman.

again, why does that matter? WOJAR had no reason to exist where it did. It hurt that arc to tie it to the proposal in any way.

would have been better to make it something he told clark after Reborn to make the connection that the past has in fact changed in the universe.

Are we ignoring that J'onn is back with the League?! I'm actually hype. Snyder writes a nice JL.

bruce/selina wedding, a big war between the rogues, bruce reverse knightfalling bane

Batman is suicidal

>superman’s trunks returning for good
why?? that’s so fucking dumb, his rebirth look was perfection

>In a Batman story by Tom King and artist Clay Mann, The Joker gets word about the wedding between the Bat and the Cat, and he’s not happy. With the wedding story arc reaching its climax in BATMAN #50 on sale July 4, The Joker will be that one wedding guest most likely to speak now and not hold his peace at all.

Why is Joker so gay?

>
From the return of the trademark red trunks to the debut of superstar writer Brian Michael Bendis in the ACTION COMICS #1000 comic book in April, the future for Superman couldn’t shine any brighter

It's funny because it's actually the opposite