Its a comic/cartoon shows highly trained soldiers get destroyed by one random thing making their build completely...

>Its a comic/cartoon shows highly trained soldiers get destroyed by one random thing making their build completely irrelevant

Why are is the industry so against soldiers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmplZojOZJY&t=3s
youtu.be/iK7LXyMdUW4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I guess highly trained soldiers, which are basically the most skilled people this world has in terms of combat, getting torn apart by whatever character is supposed to display how skilled/powerful they are.

I mean, that's just fiction in general, user. Pretty much every culture glorifies the lone badass taking out hordes of enemies by themselves. Writers and producers especially love a lone protagonist because it means less work and resources for them. Red shirts/mooks have always been shat on, and clearly, some of us are fucking tired of it.

Yes but in some cases the author builds up certain groups only for it to not be anything in the end

>CALL IN THE BLACK OPS SPLINTER CELL AGENTS
>THEY HAVE TRAINED ALL THEIR LIVES FOR THIS MISSION
>taken out in 2 minutes

Just use regular mooks if your gonna do that

Well except for ennis I guess because having canon fodder soldiers die a lot can show the enemies a real threat

Because they want to show off who tough and cool the big bad is, but can’t have them wipe the floor with Heroes all the time other wise it makes them look like a bunch of losers, and if the big bad beats them, but doesn’t put them down when he has the chance he looks like an idiot. So if they want to have their cake and eat it too, they need some people to act as stepping stones for them, and raise up their chosen character. They need Jobbers.

This is where the soldiers come in. They are perfect Jobbers, in that not only are they supposed to be thought of as very competent, but they are extremely expendable as well. They are plentiful, faceless, require almost no introduction, and nobody will bat an eye if they die because they aren’t the characters they’ve grown attached to, and if a few die, it doesn’t reflect badly on the organization themselves unless they really really fuck up. In stories where they aren’t the main characters, a soldiers life is to job.

Google Jobbing.

This is why i hate when soldiers that actually are competent are refered to as "shilling the army".

> its a "regular joe kills all the bad guys while the highly trained special forces can't do shit" episode.

>It's a "main character kills a squad of mooks and perspective suddenly shifts to the sole survivor who finds competence and kills him" episode

>It's a "making up tropes" episode.

'Threat emerges, soldiers deal with it before protagonists need to get involved' would be really fucking dull.

it's a "my dreams" episode

it's just shit writing.

Counter-point: “Threat emerges, has his army stalled by soldiers in an all out, bloody war until the Protanonsits can reach him and put him down” or “Threat emerges, survives until climax, and is held at bay by the Protagonists in a desperate struggle until the soldiers arrive to reinforce them and blast it back with all the might they can muster in a grand and over the top display of firepower” would be absolutely bitchin’.

>new weapon is introduced
>seems unstoppable until the protagonists find a flaw that lets them (just barely) come out on top against it
>instead of redesigning/tweaking it to get rid of the flaw, the bad guys scrap the whole thing and go back to their normal mooks

Alternative: Threat emerges. Protagonist, who commands an army of soldiers, uses their tactical abilities to lead army to victory against threat.

Seriously, tons of protagonists, especially ~chosen one~ types end up in some position of authority anyway. But I guess it's far too much effort to have the hero display actual leadership skills and cleverness, when you could just have them destiny punch all their problems away.

Spooky, I came across this thread as soon as this song came on

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmplZojOZJY&t=3s

I think this show did a lot in making me an empirefag because they're so fucking dogged, they lose all the time, are consistently made fools of

they inadvertently made the space-fascists the underdogs to the point that i was fucking cheering whenever they got a rare "empire wins" episode

>lone black guy has cartoonishly big lips
>name is "mr. black"

japan

>Imperial Soldiers are best Soldiers

Black panther, black lightning, black manta

West is just as retarded

Cadians are pretty good, user.

black manta and black panther are named after animals, black lightning is silly but not quite AS silly as "mr. black"

Because we live in a world were too many stupid people ask "why doesn't the military show up to stop thing." whenever there is some kaiju, super villian, alien invasion. Their too stupid to think that adding an extra group muddies up the story telling; and ultimately diminishes the feats preformed by the protagonist should they do something significant (see MOS where superman defeats the Kyrptonians with the American military).

So having the military be canon fodders solves this issue.

And all the Red Ribbon army commanders were named after colors that match their appearance. Yellow was a Tiger (Though he should have been orange), Red had red hair, same thing again with White and Blue because of his blue eyes. Black was Black because the guy was black

>Wahh all stories be the same overly simplified black and white conflicts that I want, how dare people ask that they follow basic logic, my brain can’t handle more factions than “Good guys” and “Bad guys”

The Red Ribbon army were all named after colors, though, so he fit with the existing theme
The western examples are just taking something else and adding 'black' to it

The only place that I can think that did it right was Fulmethal Alchiemist Brotherhood.

Even at the end the nameless mook soldiers did shit that mattered and you really cared about their safety and well being.

the planet broke before the guard

Golden Kamuy also has some badass mooks in the 7th Division. Even the nameless fodder do shit like shooting a bear to death AFTER it's ripped their face off, or barely even flinching when they get stabbed/shot and immediately trying to kill their attacker.

>that one dude who never speaks and is considered mentally ill is handling a flamethrower

God what a stupid series of events. I can’t beleive that was actually supposed to be the event that made Abbadon look good again. The idea that The anti-Warp-fuckery pylons Being activated would benefit the chaotic retards who rely on their Warp-fuckery like a crutch, rather than the badass normal soldiers who have been holding the line for 10,000 years without the help of a living saint, is completely ludicrous.

>t.stupid asshole

To be fair they usually are. Competent soldier characters are usually absurdly patriotic and have flawless morals.

Its odd since the series before it gave you alot of episodes where the mooks shined

youtu.be/iK7LXyMdUW4

Toriyama is known for ridiculous names though. He named the first boss of DBZ after a vegetable, the second boss after a refrigerator, and the final boss after a phrase from Cinderella. The female lead of the manga is named after underwear. It's all meant to be comedic.

>Reminder that one of The Empire’s Military academies was purposely training their cadets wrong and discouraging them from forming bonds or working together with their fellow troopers, and instead encouraging them to be selfish, cowardly, wretches who would be incapable of commanding respect or loyalty as officers.
Vader was perfectly justified in having the retards in charge of that place killed. Hell, he should have made their execution public and used it as an example of what not to do. Who knows much damage they caused with their Retarded Evil training regime?

>entire entertainment industry is geared towards glorifying special forces and shit

I guess shit like OP Restrepo was way too fucking heavy to try and romanticize in any sense.

Soldiers are Raditz tier in Superhero media.

>tfw no comic about a special forces group of powerless people trained specifically to deal with super villains
You'd think the police would invest a little money into making some sort of "ultra-SWAT" team in a world where some freak with powers attacks the city every week.,

There's ARGUS, but nobody really uses them. Certainly not the Wonder Woman book, where you think they'd be especially prominent, but no, they're in it about as much as Wondy herself is right now.

>jobbing

When did wrestling terms become this mainstream?

I've never seen anyone do that

I've always explained it by soldiers being the first to encounter things usually, so not only have they not had enough information, they also aren't really trained to adapt to things like that

Yeahyeah we know how ridiculous it was for Rambo to singlehandedly gun down thousands of Vietnamese soldiers.

To establish it as a threat. Are you retarded?

Funnily that's exactly how the pre-rule of 2 Sith worked. It's possible that training doctrine comes down from Palpatine.

That British show, Hyde, did this as a great punchline to a well developed joke.