Bilal: A New Breed of Hero

I'm surprised no one is talking about this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_7Gdf2blE

The movie looks great. It appears to mix mythology in with the actual story that we have of Bilal today. Starring Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Killer Croc (Suicide Squad) and Kurse (Thor: Dark World)) as Bilal and Ian McShane as Umayya it is stacking up to be an interesting flick. Coming out before Black Panther means February is gearing up to be a good month for Africans and Black Americans in film.

Is anyone else going to see it? What do you all think of the premise?

Other urls found in this thread:

bilalmovie.com/?campaign=social
youtube.com/watch?v=a0GrNUSPBP8
imdb.com/title/tt3576728/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilal_ibn_Rabah
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here is the actual site: bilalmovie.com/?campaign=social
They managed to get Akon to do the theme for them, and the rest of the soundtrack from the trailers sounds good so far.

It comes out tomorrow, and I am stoked to see it with my buddies.

>Those braids
>Those corn-rows
Nice.

There seems to be a lot of great details in the animation. There's a masked character and the reflections in his mask are faint, but a great detail none the less

youtube.com/watch?v=a0GrNUSPBP8

A more recent trailer, the movie has been released in the Middle East, Asia, and Europe already.

I vaguely remember talking about this last year at some point.

Was it here? I must have missed the thread

So it's about fighting Arab slavers?

Oh boy, tumblr is going to be fun when they find out about this.

Yep, he was a good slave but being black prevented him from becoming a more "free" slave. The abuse made him very jaded towards oppressors and joined Muhammad during his rise to power in Arabia

Right? They aren't going to be able to make heads or tails of it

yea, I'm sure it was.

Well hopefully we can get some good buzz going tonight before it's release.

They apparently have the longest battle scene in animated history as well, so I'm hype for that as well

Found the specs, damn it looks like it took a lot to make it all work

That’ll be enough shilling out of you, namefag.

Just trying to get a discussion going on something Sup Forums related that isn't grown men swooning over animated girls and boys

looks p good i'll have to check it out if it's playing near me. Ignore the shitposters i welcome anything that isn't big 2 shit or blatent baitposting with social media OPs even if it's from a namefag

Thanks, user. What interests you the most about it? I think the setting is getting me the most

I'm a history buff so the setting is a big one for me as well. Global history is so rich and so little of it actually gets utilized for story telling. That and the animation looks really crisp for CGI. I'm a sucker for details when it comes to stuff like that. The 2nd and 3rd times i saw zootopia in theaters I couldn't stop focusing on the raindrops across the trains windshield when Judy is traveling through the city for the first time and she passes through the rain forest district. Any animated movie that really takes advantage of its medium will get me into the theater again to watch for the small stuff

Great, his name means penis in my language.

>checked
And agreed, the fine details all add up for me as well.

Kek, which language is that?

Looks cool but all you are doing by namefagging is making people not want to see it.

Didn't realize namefagging was so hated, I see people on here with "Big Dick Lenny" and so on and no one seems to bat an eye. Guess I'll start posting with 100% less name then

>generic eagle scream
>you are like no other
>freedom
fuck off with this shit already

People gave up at shouting down the namefags too stubborn to remove it.

But yeah people take you much more seriously if you don't namefag.

can't be 100% original I guess, but I hope the "you are like no other" is countered by the harsh reality of Bilal's slavery

That's good to know. I don't have a lot of time to spend on this site, so I don't have the culture down very well

Those faces are dangerously close to the uncanny valley.

>imdb.com/title/tt3576728/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt
>no australian release
Fuck you distributors.

You know, now that you mention it... the kids more so than anyone.

Sorry to hear, perhaps they will push it more if it does well in the US release

Is that evil Chris Pine at 1:48?

The Girls und Panzer movie had a 90 minute battle. Does that count?

Maybe.

I wanna fuck that mum

But at this point black americans don't have much in common with africans

>February is gearing up to be a good month for Africans and Black Americans in film.
>Black Americans

What do either of those films have to do with Black Americans? Stop stealing other nation's cultures.

>Bilal
that means penis in portuquese

The only Bilal I can find on wikipedia is this one

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilal_ibn_Rabah
>was one of the most trusted and loyal Sahabah (companions) of the Islamic prophet Muhammad
And I bet that part wont be in the movie

Unless I am misreading this it was made in saudi arabia so I'm sure that will make it in.

i want to breed.

Wait is the guy in the mask actually Muhhamad?
Or atleast implied to be, i doubt they'd actually make that name drop. Does it make sense with when the story takes place?

>gigabites
WE