Is it still possible to save the DCEU without completely rebooting the whole thing?

Is it still possible to save the DCEU without completely rebooting the whole thing?

>save

are you stupid? as long as it makes money they don't give a flying fat rats sphincter if it needs to be "saved" or not.

Only WW is OK-ish and only because is just like First Avenger, all the other characters are shit, reboot is the better option but not gonna happen

make a damn plastic man movie

They're probably not going to reboot it in a way that any of us would like. They're just going to go ahead with what they have and downplay, ignore or just straight up retcon a lot of what people didn't like in future films. Which is fine, but that only really works if there were a few minor mistakes, this franchise has got to carry around the baggage of their first three films and the forgettable mess that was Justice League. And despite what says, audience's will remember the films that came before any future ones, and with Marvel putting out what seems to be more competently made films, why bother going to see these ones if they're probably going to be worse?

Man, I just wanted a live-action movie where superman fights Brainiac or Parasite, it's not fair...

I honestly don't mind what they've had so far. Every single one of these has felt so damn different to one another. Only Justice League was at all similar to BvS. And we know Aquaman will be horror-esque. I just love seeing how different they all are from each other.

Didn't Justice League only just make money though? After production, advertising and all that were accounted for. Even then, studios don't count it as profitable unless it makes back an appreciable amount over breaking even.

It was Justice League, it should have printed money. The audience didn't go to see it because they'd been burned by a few of the previous movies and word of mouth was pretty terrible, so unless DC and WB make big changes, the DCEU will not make money in the future.

They think they can, because they don't think they can fail. The CGI mustache was a sign of the times. They'll knowingly release bad quality shit, because they think they can't fail. But will this Suicide Squad sequel be any better than the first? Will anyone even go to the Aquaman movie? Justice League was supposed to be their BIG crossover event film, and it was nothing but laughable toilet trash

There's rumours that it's going to be split in two, one side for family friendly Marvel stuff and another that's essentially Vertigo.

Looking forward to Aquaman and Shazam since both are free of Snyder's influence, not even a producer credit any more.

Thor Ragnarok made more bank than Justice League if we're talking box office. That must be a punch in the gut for WB, especially with how much money they put in production (approximately 300mil not counting advertising.)

>Looking forward to Aquaman and Shazam since both are free of Snyder's influence
Same.

>since both are free of Snyder's influence

Snyder has established the visual aesthetic and standard for the DCEU, he's built the backbone of this series. The other movies will have to stay at least visually similar to those films.

Remember how the third act of Wonder Woman suddenly turned into a shitty Snyder movie? That's going to happen to all these films, that visual style is going to be forced into all of these movies.

Hell, even the non-DCEU WB movies are doing it now, if you look at shit like that last King Arthur movie. WB is cashing all its chips on basically the most aesthetically repugnant style in recent major blockbuster history and they're not going to stop anytime soon.

No shifty source material and uninteresting characters make it IMPOSSIBLE to make a good DC movie of any kind

You basically have to go the Nolan route and abandon every single thing that makes it DC just to get a movie that's mediocre

Save it from what? Executive meddling? Integrity?

>implying integrity matters when your artist is a disaster like Snyder

Auteur theory was a mistake. it gives lunatics and morons free passes because they have "a vision" like that somehow invalidates every singe thing about actually watching the movie.

>Looking forward to Aquaman and Shazam since both are free of Snyder's influence, not even a producer credit any more.
he's listed everywhere as the executive producer dummy

It's Warner Bros., even with guaranteed success, they'll find a way to fuck it up and ultimately make it a shitty product. Oh, it'll still make tons of money, but that's just because audiences long ago gave up on having standards.

according to mojo, 656 worldwide and only 228 domestic. so, if it actually made any money it wasn't very much.
And your second point, HOLY FUCK THIS! Its the goddamn Justice League. It should have raked over a billion easy. There should have been lineups for weeks (we walked in during the first week and had our choice of seats) For a JL movie to not have broken records should mean the immediate execution of pretty much everyone involved. Yes I slightly mad.
To answer OP, I think a full reboot is needed, maybe with two or three years off to let the dust settle.

$300m to make, general rule of thumb is double it for advertising and distribution and all the other shit. It should get a decent amount more when it comes available to buy, but when the backers were expecting at minimum a billion, it wasn't near profitable enough.

Given how DC and WB are, I'm amazed they didn't just cancel the rest of the DCEU after that. Appointing one guy to oversee it might help if he can tell the studios to fuck off and stop interfering, and with Snyder gone, maybe they can start getting a bit of diversity with their directors and get some interesting films coming through.

And before people start on about diversity being so terrible, I mean diversifying the directors rather than having one director shitting on everything. In theory that means you get a bunch of different styles so every film feels newer and more unique than Grey Superman Volume 12.

beaten at domestic box by despicable me 3
nuff said

give Snyder free reign

did they really sneak christopher reeve's face in there during that scene? if so, finest moment in dceu.

Justice League could and should have been far... more, but lets not discount the part per-release reviews and critics play. Justice League actually has a pretty reasonable user score. It's just no one fucking went to see it because once again the critics scented blood and took it to the ground.

I enjoyed it enough that it was worth my time, and I loved the Superman moments. I'm just hoping Cavil sticks around/ins't canned.

This WB has never made a movie that wasn't absolute dogshit but thankfully looking at what they're putting out this year they won't be around much longer

Justice League just lost around 100 million dollars for WB, Is possible that justice league just took away almost all the profit of Snyder 2 previous DCEU movie

So yeah maybe Wonder Woman and Sucide squad were lucrative but at least snyder is not giving them money at all

Crticis didn't hurt Pirates of Caribbean or most transformers movies, people didn't like Hack Snyder movies so they don't pay to see it.

Justice League was better than Wonder Woman. It's not a great movie, but it's not a bad one either. Getting rid of Snyder already "saved" the DCEU. And no, Whedon is not some nerd messiah director who only makes good media, but he gets comic book movie a damn sight better than most who took a shot at it. The version of Superman he finally allowed Cavill to play was closer to the source material than anyone since Reeves, but Reeves played Silver Age Superman, it would not have passed a modern Superman. Cavill's would.

That just means executives are stupid, it doesn't mean JL wasn't successful.

>They'll knowingly release bad quality shit, because they think they can't fail. But will this

>Suicide Squad sequel be any better than the first? Yes

>Will anyone even go to the Aquaman movie?
Yes