A show aimed at an older audience, that isn’t constantly crude or full of gross out moments...

>a show aimed at an older audience, that isn’t constantly crude or full of gross out moments, and in the end is actually pretty light hearted and sweet

I’m sad this never got a second season. Same with Mission Hill.

yeah but what about john callahan's quads

King of the hill doesn't count?

Nitz was a fucking moron
A FUCKING MORON

It’s so weird that Mission Hill usually gets lumped in with this trash.

That was super crude, lasted twice as long and the creator has a biopic about him starring Joaquin Phoenix coming soon. I'd call that successful.

Yeah but the characters were annoying, with purposely annoying voices and speech patterns.

Plus the main character looked like he was supposed to be 40.

Not really
King of the Hill seems like it's for adults because it's boring and the cast is older, but you don't really need to be an adult to like the show

If you want to talk about bad MTV cartoons about college with terrible characters, this was the one.

undergrads sucked and I'm glad that Eltingville pilot failed. Why do people mention mission hill and clone high with this trash.

Why do they look like Farside knockoffs?

well that's just wrong

it was good stuff, watched it last year and it held up

I watched this show thinking it'd up in the ranks of Clone High, Mission Hill, and Downtown, but it's not even a Fred's Head. Why are all of the characters awful? Why is the last episode so shitty? Why does the hot asian girl like Nitz? Why did she lie about not liking Nitz earlier in the show while seeming completely serious only later in the show to come out and say that she does? This show isn't even consistent with its main fucking characters. I would have preferred a show about just the loser jock or the nerd tech school, but no they decided to focus on the most nothing character out of the 4. I can't even remember why these guys were friends, they have nothing in common, and the intro when they're younger doesn't help because it doesn't line up with the characters later on. Why is this show so hyped up?

Is that Vinesauce ?

>Why did she lie about not liking Nitz earlier in the show while seeming completely serious only later in the show to come out and say that she does?
You've never had a girlfriend have you

I really didn't like undergrads. it was pretty boring and just felt too cliched or overdone.
Mission Hill is leagues above this snorefest. Clone High is funny, but just didn't click for me.

What show is this?

Undergrads, college comedy with slice of life elements, ok but not great

Holy shit I almost forgot about this show. I watched it when I was like 15 and thought it was cool because "wow, college". Looking back and watching some old clips I'm pretty sure it was a piece of shit with a couple good moments.

Is it on Youtube? It looks alright.

Search and find out.

If the thread manages to stay alive for roughly 9 hours until I get home from work I'll post a magnet for the series and seed it through the night

Geez, where'd the hate for this show come from all of a sudden? If I didn't know better I'd say there's some samefaggotry afoot.

Naw. Probably just a matter of the time of day the thread was first posted.

Downtown > everything else

cool

I remember Nitz being kind of a creeper, that idea was solidified in my head back when I went to their undergrads.tv website and we could see a webpage he made. He had listed Kimmy as one of his friends and I am pretty sure he had a bunch of creeper shots of her.

the keanu reeves joke was funny

i can't believe i used to watch this any chance i could when i like 12. in hindsight it was so shit and ugly looking.

>show gets canceled after one season
>show creator spends 13 years trying to get a second season made

I think with slightly better art the girlfriend would be top tier waifu material.

The homeless guy telling Nitz to stop talking to himself because it was scaring him always makes me laugh

3 South is great.

>I really didn't like undergrads. it was pretty boring and just felt too cliched or overdone.
Finally, someone who understands me.

Nitz's character is the shining example of a self insert character created by a guy in an intro to creative writing class who thinks "well, he's just a normal guy ...like me!" is a substitute for a personality. Pretty much the same thing with the "qt asian alternative girl who is in love with the boring nerd with nothing appealing about him"

Gimpy was good but practically ruined because STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS I'M THE STAR WARS GUY THAT'S MY THING STAR WARS

To be perfectly honest by the end the characters were growing on me but still, it's not worthy of being spoken about with the likes of Mission Hill, Clone High and Downtown

That period between 1998-2002 had some pretty good animated shows produced by MTV

why Nitz never get laid with the asian girl?

>Gimpy was good but practically ruined because STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS I'M THE STAR WARS GUY THAT'S MY THING STAR WARS

This character ruined the show for me. The show was fine when it focused on relatively down to earth college shenanigans, but then you have this nerd God character with a stupid cult of nerds and the show loses me.

Loved this show when I was 14.

In retrospect, all the characters were completely unlikable.

>Nitz's character is the shining example of a self insert character
Well yeah, the show is semi autobiographical like that

You know the show was based on the actual creator's life experience, right?

The art style alone weirdly screams canceled 12 episode cartoon from 2002

Why do you guys continue to overrate Mission Hill like that? It was a pretty looking show with some funny characters but it was so poorly written. Watching those first episodes again and you can tell why it got pulled two weeks in.

It didn't age well but I still remember it fondly.

I have nothing against people writing characters based off of themselves or doing autobiographical stuff. The problem is when they're such poor writers that the character ends up bland with no personality.

Just compare Nitz to Mordecai from Regular Show, or Margi from Persepolis.

The whole point of Nitz was that he was lame and stubborn, which is why he got the short end of the stick. Is it wasn't for his friends, he probably would've become a school shooter.

But he get laid with the redhair girl...

There's plenty of good lame and stubborn characters but no matter how many times the show tried to play tongue in cheek it's still boring and lazy for his whole thing to be "I'm just a normal guy! That's my schtick! I'm boring! Isn't that fascinating?"

>king of the hill
>boring

Those poor, unloved dubs...

>Boring
Get out of here son...you have no taste

the law of averages joke made me chuckle

>Sorry Gimp but it's become clear that I need to convince chicks to pour mustard on me
The hot dog suit ties it all together

Downtown was terrible,

>boring
Just cause there aren't any fantastical elements doesn't mean it's boring. I can't remember a single episode that I couldn't finish. Sure, there were some stinkers, but they were never "boring".

Yeah, this thread reeks of samefags.

Why?

Im back from work and Ill seed it for a few hours

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5DB03AEC3EA36D32968177EDE2EB0E970F512AA3&dn=Undergrads&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

I'm still glad I manage to score one of these while I could. Wish I could say the same about Clone High.

I'd want the Downtown DVD most of all.