Wonder woman thread

looks like the artist used jennifer connelly as reference. good choice

You make this thread pretty much every day, and nobody ever starts a discussion. Why bother?

That's a damn good question, I suppose it's a matter of finding the right people at the right time of day and giving them something about the character in question to talk about.

Things like, if Wonder Woman is the most cinematically successful character in DC's current film efforts, will there be a Wonder Woman 2 and what would it even be about?

Think they'd lift the storyline from the New 52 reboot of Diana helping to save a woman pregnant with a Demigod as gods walk about in modern disguise?

>will there be a Wonder Woman 2
without a doubt. hopefully the sequel will actually be a good movie.

What would constitute a good movie, exactly?

Wondy looks so generic.

One without Gal Gadot would be a start

does this WW work?

It would help if he actually opened with topics for discussion instead of just making an image dump. Something other than capeshit or New 52 preferably

I´m a huge wondie fan but I never bother with these threads.

image dumps
no discussion
why doesn't WW {blank}
being a WW is suffering

at least talk about her current series or future.

George Perez is best Wonder Woman artist.

Do you think her rogues gallery will ever get a chance to shine?

>current series
I mean, it's shit. Jason, Fourth World being a collective Poochie, Vanessa being reintroduced in the most half assed way possible, Julia getting killed off screen, Diana being a bit player in her own book... I mean, it's shit.

>future
Probably more of the above as long as Johns is around.

Jenkins has already confirmed a WW 2, and sorta shot down the rumors it was going to be another period piece.

The issue is that Robinson's run has really been well received, setting aside the complaints about the New Gods and Jason, it seems to be of middling quality. Likewise Rucka's run was pretty poorly received due to his changes, pacing issues, and uninteresting writing. You're not really going to generate much discussion based on that. Finch was at least bad in a way you want to talk about and Azz, divisive as it was, was at least interesting and well plotted.

All you gotta do is use them. And not arbitrarily change their personalities, motivations, and backstories, especially if you're just going to rip off another villains shtick. Looking at you, Greg.

For the last fucking time, Johns doesn't write Wonder Woman and Robinson has been uneven as hell, leaning more towards bad, for over a decade. Johns isn't even an editor.

WW don't last long.

wanna check out the original comics but im not having much luck finding downloads.

such charming artwork in the old covers

pedophilia isn't okay

The sad thing is no one wants to give Wondy's rogues ample spotlight, and are merely cameo or filler characters. Take Silver Swan for instance; glad to see her back, and she does have a neat little relationship with Diana, but she's basically just a filler villain because all writers want to do is dick around with Grail and 4th World bullshit. I like the New Gods, but it seems like whenever they crossover into say this or Green Lantern, I want to tune out. Give Giganta a decent story wheres shes not a useless jobber. Bring Blue Snowman back. Give Circe a story in a WW solo instead of that Trinity book. That kind of thing

I just finished Azzarelo WW and the whole thing felt like something that'd be on Young Animal. It felt too stand alone to really understand anything about WWs history. Has there been any good runs since then?

>Has there been any good runs since then?
Rucka's Rebirth run was great, slow but still.
Great sympathetic character work with Cheetah & Veronica Cale, decent art by Nicola Scott and fucking superb art by Liam Sharp.

I'm not here everyday and I'm enjoying it

wat

cute
u
t
e

there's nothing cute about glaucoma
u
t
e

I'm so tired of this meme.

what meme is that?

Do you think Gail could ever write another decent WW run? Or is her talent all gone?
Sure, all her recent DC work has been horrible (Batgirl) but she had that pretty okay Red Sonja run.

I think Circe is at a level where giving her the occasional JL appearance is warranted.

The issue with Vanessa right now is that Rucka wholesale lifted her entire background and development and stuck it on Cheetah. A writer would either need to rebuild Vanessa as a character from scratch or retcon Rucka, which only furthers the issue of WW writers retconning and altering elements of her mythos as they see fit.

Granted, I'd be perfectly okay if they flatout ignored most of Rucka's second run; honestly, who thought it was a good idea to let him have his NOT MUH rampage?

The WW/Conan crossover is apparently pretty good.

I really hate the bike shorts Miller gives WW.

nobody at DC actually cares about Wonder Woman, which is why Diana's backstory and rogues gallery are a mess and new writers continue to pile on while editorial turns a blind eye to their shenanigans

I care about WW, I just doubt I could actually write a good comic.

I'd also try revamping a good chunk of her villains, but most of the ideas I have are either minor adjustments and updates or focused on ones that haven't been seen in years.

Why is it so hard for people to write stories that keep her powers consistent over time instead of changing them every time she gets a new writer. An example would be her ability to fly, in some comics she can fly freely but in others she needs an invisible jet or air currents to glide, why can't her writers just stick to a single choice

Her ability to talk to animals would be a better choice; her ability to fly went like this: Golden Age, couldn't fly needed plane, Silver Age, could fly on air currents but kept the plane, post Crisis, could always fly but the plane was inconsistent, Nu52, couldn't fly but given a boon by Hermes.

They go back in time, and his pistol does not work because it has not been invented yet. The Silver Age was very strange.

Speaking of her, I guess CN canned that sorta recent cartoon with her, Batman, and superman for more TTG air time

I think it's the "look how strong I am" pose that is overused in comics

I'm the guy who always bitches about pants but I actually like this.

Did anyone watch the movie about Marston? There wasn't much about the comic in it but I was suprised when they said WW actually sold better than Superman. Is this true?

We need more movies teaching women it is okay to play dress up threesomes.

>Did anyone watch the movie about Marston?
Nope

ah. i drew that one. didn't know the pose was so overused.

>You will never get to ride in there

>Is this true?
Probably not. Rewriting history to benefit minorities is becoming a common occurrence these days.

I can't find hard sales data, but I did find a few other references to WW outselling Superman on occasion during the Golden Age predating the film, so it was probably something that happened a few times but not consistently.

Edgy, but I wouldn't mind seeing more writers remember that WW would be able to mop the floor with Batvillains.