Steven universe has bad animat-

>steven universe has bad animat-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZamTGX_gqs4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tell when they can keep Steven's height consistent.

How many times do we need this same thread?

>-ion

>noodle arms bend any way the animator wants
>super-obvious smear to give impression of fast fluid animation
>none of the impacts have weight, could be she's just being hit by pool noodles
>no legs
>Garnet stays still, no need to worry about moving background
>One Punch Man MANGA is better animated

Bruh, look at this dood. Wait til you see... Oh no no no no

>season 1
Now give me good animation from the latest season and I might just listen.

>posts a perfect example
what did he mean by this?

I get your point, but it is stupid to bring up the manga. I mean manga/comics is always going to look better than anime/cartoon cause the moments only require a few drawn pictures over several frames a second.

I mean you could have posted a webm of the sparring match with Genos in the canyon from the anime. Instead you muddied up your message with "the manga looks better than SU".

Fair.

>posts one of the only good examples in all 140 episodes

Fuck you user, the show almost 95% looks like ass.

But that is bad

OP I'm pretty sure you're false-flagging, but it's pretty damn obvious that Sup Forums has decided to use Steven Universe's minor animation issues as a way to justify their hatred of it when they're really just mad that it espouses certain "omgtumblr" values.

God this board is fucking exhausting

I unironically miss Season 1's animation
even if early on it was wonky in some areas you could tell they were trying to get better as the show progressed and were really trying to stay on model up until season 2
the past 2-3 seasons has seen a dramatic drop in animation quality in the majority of the episodes, however there are a few pieces of sturdy and nice looking animation sprinkled throughout, the lack of consistency is really hurting the show in the long run.
all I would ask is that the boarders really LOOK and study the model sheets and the clean up artists do their best to fix any errors in the boards
there's a reason why 2D animation traditionally isn't done directly from storyboards and now we know the reason why
The method they're using is flawed however it doesn't have to be so evident if they were just a little more strict with their quality control

his nostrils look disgusting

>he fell for the bait

OP is falseflagging yes, but pretending there aren't a myriad of reasons to hate SU is dishonest.
>god this board is exhausting
You have the speaking style of a tumblr user and you might be more comfortable there.

More like he has the writing style of a Redditor, am I right? Because he's using Reddit spacing, like someone who knows how to write posts that aren't walls of text!

ion

Is this really a relevant point when you could say it about almost any show?

Thank god Ian jumped the ship
OKKO scenes make cream my pants everytime

>KO
>good animation

manga isnt animated at all you dumbass

It really depends on the storyboard and artist. Saying it's ALWAYS shit isn't true but the fact is a lot of storyboarders are just plain bad artists. Not lazy, just bad.
>Imfuckingplying
Nooooo.
SU always had some grievous animations, even when it was really good.

t. TLH sameface fag

Bless murata

>pic related

That's the point, lad. Keep up.

I just hate Steven. I swear to God, I am a fan of some of the most objectively annoying characters in TV history (see pic related) and Steven Universe is just the worst thanks to his voice and stupid hair.

replace that hat with the MAGA one

That looks like baman piderman animation.

do you genuinely believe embarrassing yourself like this is the most logical course to follow

can't she just morph more arms

I mean it's not a bad start but I think one thing that makes good animation is a matter of how you keep your angles how the "camera" moves, and a matter of shifting the perspective or placement of the characters. That's fluid, but ultimately lacks implact due to how stationary it is. Also the swings of the arm things look weak due to how rounded they are on striking, as well as how they kinda flail.

That's because with people like Erkel, there are characters that are justifiably annoyed by him and you laugh along with the stories about them because you relate to them. But with someone like Steven, not only are you supposed to relate to him and take him seriously, but anyone who is mean to him or just flat out doesn't like him is automatically a bad person.

That's the equivalent of saying, "Lady Gaga's guitarist sucks. Even Jimmy Hendrix can play the guitar better"

>Bless murata
The faggot ruined OPM. Fuck him

Why do we keep have threads like thi-
>no good shows
Oh right.

Why are there so many threads trying to force people here to like Universo Goblino? Sup Forums bashes plenty of cartoons I like but I don't feel the need to make dozens of separate threads a week defending them.

That's not true user, theres.....

Um.....

W-well that Tangeled show is decent, right? Oh wait it's just waifufags...

wtf are you talking about. 90% of the threads are bashing it, not defending it.

Season 1 is cheating.

what a fag

Same thing really

>Even the '''shitty''' anime is good.
Never to late to become a weeb

TTG is better than that shit

I don't even watch the show, but every time this fat little shit gets posted, his nose just irritates me to no end.

All discussion of SU can be summed up to one or two dipshits defending it and everyone else shitting on it.
Don't even lie, you redditors. We know it to be true.

That's like your opinion man.

shut your cocksucker

urk, how disgusting.

The style is pretty mediocre and it would definitely look better if it stayed on model, but the animation quality differs between episodes. The good bits of animation are usually scattered, in some it's about every other scene, and in others it's just one scene. The animation itself isn't bad though.

Of course he stands up for other lazy, garbage artists.
"It's their range", fuck off.

Hey Sup Forums
I love you

it's literally a slapfight.

Smear frames aren't that hard to do. They're actually quite fun to make.

*breaths in*

>noodle arms bend any way the animator wants
well yeah, it's not like she has bones.

>shows three when there's actully eight
youtu.be/ZamTGX_gqs4
And yes, going off model is inevitable with so many different animators and directors and storyboarders, but there's a fucking limit.

Fucking shit dobson look what you did you made me reply
>hurr durr Different companies
This isn’t the fucking 90’s anymore, any model/animation/design management is not up to overseas animators anymore, it is up to storyboardists and the producer/showrunner. The way different animation studios handled a bunch of episodes made it why some Tiny Toons/Animaniacs looked beautiful and why others look absolutely shitty. This isn’t how it is now and mostly everyone just animates in house or sends it to Asia to be animated by slave workers
>hurrdurr it’s not a mistake it’s their range
Because characters randomly becoming midgets and shrinking is their range and not them being fucking lazy and not trying. If this isn’t their fault and instead of sugar, then she’s also to blame for enabling them to be as careless as possible for a supposed drama show that we should all take seriously while Peridot shrinks into a goomba and Steven becomes a bobblehead
If that’s your logic, then I don’t see why you’re not in the animation business, you clearly know what works and what doesn’t. Maybe when you stop licking women’s vaginas for attention