Katara or Toph?

Katara or Toph?

Why do they have Asian features?

Because they're chinks

Katara

But they don't have Asian features in the show.

wasn't literally everyone in avatar of some mongol race?
>japanese
>chinese
>native americans and inuits
>aztec

dude they were very obviously inuit(water), japanese(fire), chinese(earth) and tibetan(air).

Culturally, perhaps. I'm talking facial features.

How else will they appeal to white kids?

Anime characters don't look like Japanese people but they still are. Use your imagination.

Watch some fucking anime sometime. Europeans and blacks are drawn differently.

They have anime features, and that's enough.

Whose the japs?
I can see earth and fire being chinese due to style of dress and culture but i dont see the japs

Fire Nation is verrrry Japanese

The imperial island is Fire Nation.

Sokka.

kyoshi was a geisha or whatever

Britain?

>Asia inspired
>Four Elements are all based on an Asian culture
>Earth - Han Chinese
>Water - Inuit
>Air - Tibetan
>Fire - Japanese

Let's not forget the Avatar thing is literally Buddhism, which we had an Indian Yogi teach Yang how to unlock his Chakras. Which is also Indian in origin. Lastly the first Avatar was Wan, voiced by the Asian kid from TWD.

Sun Warriors were based on Aztec/Incas.

Can someone post big booby toph

Toph

The original show is heavily based off Asian cultures to the point where you can tell which nation is based off which culture and uses art style based on Asian animation with lack of strongly defined facial features. You would have to be a complete retard to think Asian features don't make perfect sense.

Have you considered that I might not watch anime

Suki and don't even fucking try to prove me wrong

Have you considered that avatar art style is heavily based on anime and the characters don't have any non Asian traits anime characters have? I don't have to watch anime to know that so why would you?

I'm just saying - they don't look Asian at all in the show, but they do in OP's pic. Something's wrong.

It’s a cartoon.

>they don't look Asian at all in the show
Are you retarded or just stupid?

They look pretty Asian in the show considering the style.
>Something's wrong
Nothing is wrong you autist, OP's pic is in a more realistic style.

>Why do they have Asian features?

People in Asian fantasy world look like Asian people, this confuses you?

>But they don't have Asian features in the show.
How can you say that if they have no white people to compare to?

>Whose the japs?

Kyoshi Island. A lot of folks like , , like to think that Fire Nation = Japs, but the only similarity between the two is their reverence for fire. Beyond that, the Fire Nation is much more comparable to the Tang Dynasty.

Earth Kingdom = Qing Dynasty
Fire Nation = Tang Dynasty
Air Nomads = Shaolin Monks
Water Tribes = Inuits
Swamp Tribe = Amazon Tribes
Sun Warriors = Aztecs
Phatik = Hindu/Indian folk

The show doesn't have defining features to tell what race they resemble, however both art style and setting are distinctly Asian. Drawing them Asian is the natural conclusion, maybe the image took it too far but artists have limits so it seems like you're just criticizing the artists skill in the dumbest and most convoluted way possible. Would you prefer if they were devoid of any racial characteristics? Because that's extremely hard to achieve in any semi realistic art and there is no reason for anyone to do that in this case.

Probably Katara. My favorite type of female is the general brown Asian.

Okay, but you gotta admit that their steam-powered, iron-hulled warships is another very Japanese attribute

I'm going to guess they went for what looked cool and had a general vibe more than actual accuracy.

obviously Toph, all other responses are just trolling

Delicious brown.

>Japs reverence for fire

What?

Katara looks like zendaya

Why is Toph not just staring blankly ahead? She doesn't need her eyes to see Katara.

>Swamp Tribe = Amazon Tribes
Oh, come on, now. The Swampbenders were rednecks.

What are those three Earth Kingdom islands to the south?

If you ignore the comics and Korra (as everyone should) I always imagine toph became a titcow when she hit puberty.

Yeah ok but does anybody know where I can find more art like this, with cartoon characters drawn very realistically? I really like it for some reason

This. Kora and the comics were the darkest timeline.

Toph

Mai

Aang

Why is Toph looking to her left when she's blind? Shouldn't she have a blank stare?

The artist forgetting that Toph is blind is really common in fanart.

The rising sun, stupid bitch, goddamn

shit taste desu sempai

There's a reason their flag has the sun on it.

well done

Everyone is where the sun rises though.

t. Zuko

One of their creation myths involves a giant decapitated flame-baby exploding into eight volcanos forming the land of Japan

user is just being obtuse for the sake of (You)s.

Katara

oh shit, hard one.

well, toph is more fun but katara is a better wife and mother.

both are hot to me so.....katara in the long run.

This makes it look like her ass is on backwards.

this

>Swamp Tribe = Amazon Tribes
Clearly they were Vietnamese/Khmer/Laotian

Katara

Where were the rest of the Indian-looking guys like Pathik anyway?

That map is flipped, the Fire Nation was to the west of everything.

those are some big testicles

Is the Avatar world tiny or the Earth Kingdom is really huge.

Is Lun yang fire nation capital? Where is that info from?

Toph, no contest.

I think they were trying to show how it looked like a map of Asia when flipped.

The Earth Kingdom is massive.

It doesn't matter

It's huge but they had to make it reasonable enough that riding Appa would only take a few days inbetween lands with occasional stops.

Earth Kingdom is huge

Easy, Toph.

Sokka and Katara were suppose to be Indic, Sokka probably named after the Sakas/Scythians who were White, Sokka and Katara are suppose to be Indic Aryans, thise is indicated by their blue eyes. Ang is a Shaolin monk, Toph is some rich chink, Zuko is Chinese or sonething too but looks White. Sokka and Katara have Aryan names the rest have East Asian names.

They were given redneck dialect due to Rule of Funny. I always thought of them as Southeast Asian, but Amazonian works.

Have you considered that it's a fictional world inspired by Asian cultures and they don't actually match any real world people even if they have some similarities?

Sup Forums rules dictate that in order to count as Asian you need buck teeth and skin literally be the color of a lemon. Otherwise, they could totally be white gaiz.

>Sokka probably named after the Sakas/Scythians who were White,
It also means "loverboy" in zulu, which fits the fact that he's got the most love interests.
It also sounds like "Sou ka", which is Japanese for "I understand", which fits his role as the team smart guy.

Indeed.

>Air nomads
>Shaolin monks
Shaolin monks would not have lost to the fire nation
Shaolin air benders vs a large fire nare nation army would've resembled 300
Air benders are Tibeten

Why is fem-Sokka such a slut?

Because that's the reason people genderbend characters in most cases. Why are you asking stupid questions?

Azula
Katara is second best though. The water tribe girls are all very attractive. I guess they put something in the water.

Like male-Sokka isn't a manwhore.

>Air benders are Tibeten

I dunno, man. I see more Shaolin than Tibetan in them.

oh you're one of those

nah, you're just retarded or trolling or both

They can be both, just like Fire Nation is Japan and China

Toph kinda looks Central Asian.

The Earth Kingdom is huge but their planet is also really small. They can ride from one end to the other pretty quickly and the seasons don't change no matter what hemisphere you're in. It's constant and worldwide. There's only four and later five countries on the whole planet. Plus Ozai apparently could've burned down an entire continent in just one day.

Oh and not to mention the seeming lack of timezones.

But user, anime is cartoons

>just like Fire Nation is Japan and China

But Fire Nation has practically nothing on common with Japs except for 'muh fire'. See .

>The Fire Naton killed all the Air Benders
>One of the Air Bending nations is literally behind the Earth Kingdom and not that far from Ba Sing Sae to escape to.

>One of the Air Bending nations is literally behind the Earth Kingdom and not that far from Ba Sing Sae to escape to.

Air Nomads, bruh. They don't all live in all Four temples at the same time. They revolve around them. Males live in North and South, Females live in East and West.

Fire Nation just got the Males while they were in the Southern Temple. Probably got the females in the Western Temple since the Eastern Temple was in such good condition that Phatik was able to maintain it all by himself.