It's really that bad when artist portray themselves better that they actually are?

It's really that bad when artist portray themselves better that they actually are?

Yeah, look at him. Isn't even white.

If they plan to improve be their physique to resemble their fictional selves like some furries do, then yes.
If they do nothing about it and stay as scrawny dorks, then no.

I have a vague memory of this artist being called out for a lot of things, but I dont remember which exactly.

Anyways, its funny and endearing if they dont take it seriously and funny and autistic if they do.

Shit, I’m retarded. I meant to say that it’s bad if the artist does nothing to improve themselves, but it’s not bad if they actually do.

The drawing clearly has chink eyes.

>If they plan to improve be their physique to resemble their fictional selves like some furries do
You mean putting a fursuit?

I think Sup Forums is undecided if that is bad or if drawing yourself uglier than you actually look is worse.

It's not a crime or a big deal or anything, but it comes off as lame if there's a really obvious difference between the avatar and reality. Dobson is an easy example.

Though if someone's just trying to represent themselves in a stylized way, without actually changing anything like giving themselves less fat or more hair or whatever, and people get on them for supposedly making the drawing very slightly more attractive than reality, that's too petty on the audience side.

I wonder if starting a comic where my self-insert is uglier than me will make me attractive.

It kind of worked for her

Not at all

No, there ARE furries who make fursonas of their ideal selves and work their way to be like their fursona.
In my opinion, I find that commendable.

>the bottom pic

I don't know dude, after watching her comics for a long time, I kind of developed a fetish for her

Who is this guy?
I swear I’ve seen the style from somewhere.

I think thats the style of anyone who starts drawing and watches anime.

source: my own attempts at drawing

....i kind of thought it was a guy until this very moment....jesus

He's an autist from argentina who does a comic about his self insert and the daily life of him, he draws in a ugly style and sexualizes a lot. He's also an asshole

>who does a comic about his self insert and the daily life of him, he draws in a ugly style and sexualizes a lot. He's also an asshole
That describes a lot of webcomic artists.
Even Argentinian and autistic doesn’t narrow it down.

it's a fair representation. she's kinda cute

Search "Mi imaginación y yo" in facebook, you fuck.

the nose knows

this kill the boner

Yes, its false advertising.

I felt betrayed when I discovered how gorgeous plebcomics is IRL
Don't even get me started on sarahsmiles

its funny and sometimes sad, but no one really cares

I mean, the two images don't contradict each other. He could have anxiety but manage it. He could find exercise hard but do it anyway.

It hurts when """"talented"""" people are also good looking

I think plebcomics hurts more because she's so clearly one of us, yet she's so much better looking than most of us.

Pic of Plebcomics?

As long as they aren't being self-serving about it and portraying others as really ugly while drawing themselves as cute/handsome/hot/whatever, I don't care. It bothers me more when artists draw people they like more attractive than they are. Every single ______ animated thing on YouTube that takes some podcast or other web series, turns the people into cutsey chibi people that don't look like the actual people, especially if the people are notably fat or have beards, is awful.

wait that comic was a GIRL???

No, it isn't. Why can't an ugly awkward person at least imagine themselves as cute or cool in an imaginary world? And if it's a SoL or an action comic I'd rather follow a cute or cool character than some homely bum. But a bunch of people always assume the artist did it to trick everyone into thinking they are good looking or the person is narcissistic.

Same with people who choose to portray themselves as ugly. Chances are that the only reason they did it was for a comedic effect or because they didn't want to deal with shit about how their character is better looking than they are. But there's always a camp of people fawning over how humble they are and another camp accusing the artist of them doing it to get pity or compliments when people see a positive contrast between them and their character.

Pleb is about as fucking average as it gets and she draws her avatar as an average girl, just in a totally different style. You just get fooled by the long hair and makeup, which are aesthetic cancer but that's a different point.

It's narcissistic. If Chris-chan had any talent, he would draw himself as a Greek goddess.

It's probably best to portray yourself slightly uglier than you are. Shit like is too far. I'm not trying to get /r9k/-tier, but this bitch is attractive enough to were virtually everyone will treat her nicely. It make the shit in her comics seem unbelievable, does she have social anxiety because she's scared someone will hold the door for her or complement her shirt?

I didn't know this guy but he looks like your typical latin american weeb that grew up watching naruto and was heavily bullied at school for being an autist.
t. Argentinian

looks like your typical "not like the other girls" roastie

>makes money with shitty lowest common denominator comics she spends zero effort on

>"talented"

I don't think your seeing where the talent is.

¿Quien eres compa? >:C

Wellllllll, this is technically Sup Forums style, it's bound to never be accurate to reality with all the same face

the /fit/ meme of the autist that goes out to get fit and becomes a sculpted, hulking behemoth yet continues to be a socially unfit sperg is 100% real outside of /fit/ as well.

no fucking way

I hate his cringy comics so much

another comparison

Oatmeal guy is hot.

It kills my boner for the girl but definitely not for the guy.

How does a skinny, muscle-less asian male look so masculine?

that's why whenever I depict myself I just do a hairy skeleton

The fact that there is cutesy fanart of trans-Chris is post hilarious and terrifying.

Did you miss the triple quotation?

>implying making money with little to no skill and effort isn't a talent

looks fine

The dude is literally my type...

Thats Chris's twitter avi. They paid someone to draw it for a commission I believe

I think so.

Probably why when I draw myself I'm a fat, surly-looking Lemmy Kilmister clone.

she's fine

Wait, pics? I don't think I've ever seen her. The way she draws herself is pretty hot desu

It's better when your comic version is worst

I hate that guy

Well, she is Asian. Duh.

A few on twitter
She's pretty much an average white girl, but this being Sup Forums she's a relative 12/10. It also helps she has low self esteem and self deprecates.

numale smile lol

would pump with cum

ronnie isn't a numale

Ronnie did it before it became a meme and just never stopped.

Why is her heterochromia not represented in this drawing?

too bad dalton is cute and emi is not.

How is this an example, this art is shit.

>Ronnie did it before it became a meme
No shit, tons of people did. The meme is acknowledging the high amount of "quirky" people that do it. Whether he did it before or after people started pointing it out doesn't really matter.

He got called out for doing shitty comics (twice) and he took it waaaay too personally.

And a lot of people grow beards and wear flannel for hipster reasons. Go tell a logger about how he's a hipster faggot retroactively and we'll see how that works out.

There’s nothing wrong with people fantastizing about being better versions of themselves. Everyone does it.

>she's kinda cute
I'm sick of Sup Forums telling ugly women they're cute

Sorry, we'll stop talking to your mom.

fuck off gay guy/woman

that's not hot, far from it

If you're doing entertainment for the masses and not self-portraits for fine arts purposes, then you should never portray yourself at all.

The mindset of the person who interjects theirself into their work is one of the vital differences between a child making fanfic and a professional.

How about writers?

jesus what the fuck am i looking at
you know something's up with your looks when your boyfriend is infinitely more attractive to straight males than you are

I like this comic and the "ow my balls!" one

If it's a cutesy caricature that kind of captures your essence, then that can be okay--I feel like Alex and Lindsay of Baman Piderman fame are a good example of this.
Even then, if they're too far from the truth, particularly in regards to body type, the difference can be distracting and might suggest a lack of self-awareness, like with Jaltoid.

I like Chris's current caricatures that he uses, as they're simultaneously cute but also very unflattering, which fits well with his style of comedy.
I also liked his drawings of his friends prior to his using the caricatures, where he drew them as ugly as possible.

Otherwise, if you're making an avatar that's cuter than you that's based off of what you actually look like, it should still convey your appearance well enough that it's recognizable as a caricature of you.
I feel like could have done this better while still falling in the confines of "cute," rather than wanting to be way cuter but unrecognizable as themselves.

>plebcomics
I tried looking but couldn't find a picture. What do they look like?

Looks like a dyke

Is it wrong when a sad sack of shit portraysself as otherwise attractive? Yes it is.

>the word "autistic" is now used as a verb

This is so goddamn funny to me. Holy shit.

>"not like the other girls" roastie
They're all like this

What can I say, I'm attracted to shitbags with no shame

>the word "autistic" is now used as a verb
Not it isn't. Is English not your first language? Autistic is an adjective, autist is a noun.

You're pathetic

She's married with a guy. A fat ugly guy, but still. They will have ugly children together.

Can you post Plebs pic?

From what i hear, Ronnie is not only decent looking, but actually a pretty cool guy in real life

post him pls

Ronnie looks like a fat middle-aged Chris Pratt

found this on her twitter

This felt like a brick the first time i saw it

literally looks like a tranny friend of mine

this is sadly true.
asians are generally feminine so they pass to white and black people way easier.

>tfw librarian fetish
That picture made my cock throb

Goodness gracious. Pleb looks like a young Meryl Streep