Batman is generally depicted as tall, but not freakishly so. He’s well built...

Batman is generally depicted as tall, but not freakishly so. He’s well built, but not to the point where people question why Bruce Wayne is so strong.

How much of a credible threat do you prefer large goons to be against Batman?

Do you think a human has to be highly trained to be a threat to Batman, or do you prefer when a thug can be a threat just because he happens to be big enough?

Anyone seen Connor McGreggor fight the Mountain? McGreggor is better trained, but sometimes when a guy is big enough, that doesn’t matter.

Personally, I prefer when Batman struggles against someone like Amygdala. Not everyone should have to be Deathstroke level to be a threat.

Even against someone like Zsasz, it should be all over if he lands a knife in the right spot.

How do you think standard thugs should fare against Batman? What do you prefer?

What the Fuck why is this written in fucking Euro shit.

Batman is an American character on this American God damn website. Learn to speak American or get the FUCK off this board you fucking cock sucking Muslim British German French FAGGOT

Batman could punch a 400lb goon and send them flying 15 feet or more.

He's done that to both Killer Croc and Bane, who are huge.

Wow, Affleck’s a big guy

lmao

Also this chart is disproportionate, it assumes that their heads are less than 10cm long which is fucking retarded.

I prefer Batman to be somewhat vulnerable. Not because of his size (that doesn't make much of a difference given most of the scenarios he's in; and that kind of thing is extremely inconsistent anywau), but because he's human, and any person can fuck up another with the element of surprise.

I like all flavors of Batman, but my favorite is undoubtedly the crafty detective.

100% pure West

More like Manlet Keaton, amirite?

For you.

>when you're too dumb and entitled to learn anything beyond what every kid in your "country" knows
With how much you don't want to learn shit, it's no wonder you shoot up schools so often.

I've always preferred svelte, athletic Batman. He's very fit and strong and has such a regimented diet that he probably has little body fat, but unlike, say, Affleck Wayne or Arkhamverse Wayne, he can hide his physique in a business suit.

I don't really mind Batman's strength levels being inconsistent and scaled to the story (like, having him struggle a bit with some two-bit muggers, but also be more than useless alongside the Justice League when beating up generic alien henchmen), but I do like him to have a bit of vulnerability. I kind of like the idea that it doesn't even have to be some intelligent, strong supervillain who takes him out. If he lets himself get sloppy, one lucky punk could get the slip on him, and that could be the end of The Batman.

Snyderverse Batman is bigger than Nolanverse Bane, I think.

Ah, Val Kilmer, before he started drinking Ranch Dressing as a beverage.

Bravo Nolan.

>McGreggor is better trained, but sometimes when a guy is big enough, that doesn’t matter.
>Sometimes

Try most times. Weight classes exist for a reason

I think Nolan nailed Batman’s vulnerability. His planning allowed him to take down large groups like the thugs at the docks.

Yet he could still get fucked up by Scarecrow. Or robbed by Catwoman. Even during his training Ras hammered home the point “here you face death.” It doesn’t necessarily have to be someone like Bane who does him in, it could also be Scarecrow, Ras’ thugs at the party, Joker’s dogs, a shot to the gut from Harvey or even a fall through the ice on his first day of training.

I think Nolan nailed the humanity and vulnerability of Batman better than anyone else.

GOT DAMN. I knew Affleck was tall but this chart makes him seem like a freaking monster.
Still holding out hope we can see him interact with some Robins so we get him being a complete beast with criminals but papa bear with his sons.

I dunno, I was fine with it. To get at the core of the character, I don't think that Bane even has to be the "biggest guy around." He just has to be strong enough and smart enough that Batman loses his main advantages he has over all his other foes. He just has to be "better than Batman." And, I mean, he was beefier than this universe's Batman.

I think the thing that felt a bit less Bane-like to me was the motivation. Bane isn't ideological, he's driven by the need to prove himself. Making him lead of the League of Shadows didn't feel Bane-ish.

But even that didn't bother me too much, because I can look past things being changed from the comics so long as it works in the new work itself. I end up judging the characters on their own merits.

Most of the problems with the movie didn't have to do much with Bane, but with the glaring plot holes and the fact that it could have developed the theme of inequality breeding corruption a lot better, instead of just having nobody address it as Batman rides off into the sunset content that he "saved the city" without having had done anything about the conditions that gave rise to Bane in the first place.

I dunno, I'd still like it more if he may have not been freakishly huge, but at least 6'3. I kind of never felt that he was physically imposing.

>Connor McGreggor fight the Mountain
there's a reason there are weight classes in competitive fighting...

That has more to do with the costume and Nolan's direction than anything.

I like Grant Morrison's unstoppable hyper-competent badass Batman, which is why it's a bit jarring to see Batman get taken out by two-bit thugs in some comics. But I also like Batman being scaled to the story. Batman isn't always the biggest or strongest guy in the room, and giant thugs should definitely pose a threat for him.

I think its wrong too isnt 190 cm like 9 fucking feet?

yes but obviously that's one of the first things you have to suspend when you step into the realm of Sup Forums come on now

I liked him having a weakness to be "more" than just a man. Since Venom was his key to superiority to Batman and he never succumbed to outright addiction unless the writer forgot how often he actually used Venom

That img is retarded, Keaton and Kilmer apparently have a 5cm difference (so like, 2 inches) and the way the fucking "graph" is made makes it look like Kilmer towers over him... same shit with Affleck looking like a fucking giant.

I want to punch whomever made this thing right square in the neck.

No, 190 centimeters is roughly 6,2 feet. A simple google search would have told you this

Big guys?

2.5 cm per inch, so it works out to 6'2

Its just the proportions on the stupid op img that make it looks so idiotic.