Seeker of Thrones 110

“Fear the heart that is covered by the cloth.”

– Saying of the Belligerent Knights

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/parallels/2018/01/22/578664161/nursing-home-recreates-communist-east-germany-for-dementia-patients
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ah man OP, you beat me.
You think the followers are people who wanted to rob Mammon but stayed?

It was then Alison realized a normal girl from L.A. really, REALLY couldn't slay a dragon

>Mammon is in full apathy mode

Called it.

Alright, Mammon has to be faking now. He can't be that much of a precious muffin. Something's gotta give.

He literally says that. It's literally right there.

Yes, that's why it pans over them. Note that some of the swords have keys attached; probably the ones that joined tie a key to their weapon.

Please don't die here, Dragon Grandpa. You need to use this giant pile of money to try and make things right so that you can die forgiven.

I fucking love Mammon in this and love the twist, but I'm honestly hoping that not every single Demiurge is going to have one of these big emotional breakdowns and confessions to Allison. I doubt we'll get one out of Solomon David at the very least.

That seems to be what he's saying. And some of them have been there long enough to build a town and have kids.

He's realized his wrongs and is tired of it. He just wants to finish counting the money he killed his whole family to get. If someone kills him before that happens, then bonus.

I'm just very lonely, user.

We sure as hell aren't getting any of that from Gog-Agog.

Why not? Is she too insane?

I doubt we'll get anything from Gladis either seeing as she's just some withered jerky in a glass coffin, and Incubus will probably turn the confession into a boast or some shit.

I expect that the most from Gog. She's extremely lonely even though she's millions of creatures in a hivemind and she needs validation from everyone in the mutliverse. It's easy.

>each and every maggot in its monstrous body has a pitiful tale of how it was wronged, and who it wronged in turn
>we get to read through every story in a 7000+ page companion document that Abby has been cooking up on the side this whole time

>gib key
>ok

Come on Allison, it's not hard!

She doesn't need his key. She came for Zaid.

>yfw Cio was actually a really shitty thief and that was how she ended up getting hers

That pic is scary

000001 is going to be the antagonist.
Well done everyone who called it!
It's going to be one hell of a fight

I expect Jadis and Jagganoth are long past that.

Gog-Agog and Solomon David seem to be doing fine.

Incubus might flip when confronted with Maya, but he otherwise must be pretty bored in his pit and would probably like to gamble all in one last fight.

>and gib Zaid
It's late here

Oscar's gonna do it. Fucking hell, I can see it coming. Just so he can claim the kill, for the lulz.

Fuck, he doesn't even know he rules worlds. He just closes his eyes and accepts death. He misses his brothers. All he does is regret. He probably just gave Cio her key.

Meti was right. Maya should've stayed a noodle vendor. Mammon should've served and probably died with his brothers...

My grandfather is suffering from dementia. I think I'm gonna come back later, guys.

I think he might just be a clerk.

why are everyone's eyes in this comic so fucked up looking

>Incubus might flip when confronted with Maya
That's a good point.

Jagganoth is shaping up to be an end game big bad and according to Abbo's tumblr he's got sad backstory, so that might come out.

She probably just asked for it, and little did she know that Mammon gave it to her simply for her to go away so he can finish the Count.
000001 probably arranged to get it back later.

They're all pinging off their nuts.

>Mammon genuinely wants to die but simply can't
>All his followers were once assassins who simply test anyone who comes forth to slay him to see if they might be strong enough to do it and not give the poor old guy false hope of finally dying

>"It will be gone soon"
>"Nevermind guys, I'm just a clerk it's not like I can fight lulz"
user how retard can you be

They're very circular. I don't really have a problem with it but I can see someone thinking it's weird.

it's not the shape

it's the fact they're always pinkish or discolored

I love this comic more and more

>Incubus will probably turn the confession into a boast or some shit.
Not too sure about that, necessarily, but I do remember reading that he is going to do something unspeakably vile that will make readers loath him. Considering that he has had outstanding appearances working a desk job in Allison's head, and dressed up as David Bowie via the Goblin King, he has a lot of fan goodwill to burn through to get there.

Also, still waiting on Oscar to similarly do something to solidify himself as an irredeemable piece of shit.

Sorry to hear that, user. It's not easy, but try to talk to your grandfather, and ask him to tell you stories about his past. Possibly even bring some stuff that he might remember from his youth, or listen to some songs that he liked from back in the day. Dementia is hard on the individual and those close to the patient, but trying to tell stories, and having items and music to help jog memory can make it a little easier on them, and also gives you something to look back on later in life once they are gone.

npr.org/sections/parallels/2018/01/22/578664161/nursing-home-recreates-communist-east-germany-for-dementia-patients

Man, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if 000001 was the first would-be-thief to break into the vault and decide to stay and serve.

inb4 Jagganoth goes "all I ever wanted was a loving family and a normal childhood" while sobbing in Allison's arms

I feel worse now.

>Oscar's gonna do it
Holy fucking shit
I really hope Allison kills him. I already think he's a piece of shit.

Man, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if 000001 was the first would-be-thief to break into the vault and decide to stay and serve.
Mammon's had the vault for ages though. Surely 00001 would have died by now if she was the first would-be thief? Or I suppose space-time in an infinite vault is more complicated than I'd thought.

This page man.

┏┓
┃┃╱╲ In this
┃╱╱╲╲ house
╱╱╭╮╲╲ we love
▔▏┗┛▕▔ & appreciate
╱▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔╲
Grandpa Dragon
╱╱┏┳┓╭╮┏┳┓ ╲╲
▔▏┗┻┛┃┃┗┻┛▕▔

Who the hell is 000001?

Oh no. He's cute. Nooooo

Refresh, who's Oscar again?

big nose devil boy.

With that skin color, I think 000001 might be a servant or devil.

big nose, big guns, smol brain

>What have I become, my sweetest friend?
>Everyone I know goes away in the end
>And you could have it all, my empire of dirt
>I will let you down
>I will make you hurt

we've already seen other purple-skinned humans tho

Jagganoth's backstory will probably be a tragedy, but unlike Mammon and Mottom who's backstories are justifications for winning you to their side or not seeing them as evil, Jagganoth will not back down on being a violent asshole who wants to destroy the universe.

Oh that guy. Thanks!

He WANTS to die, if someone else kills him it'll complicate some things but look at the poor bastard, his neck is a knifeblock and his brain is swiss cheese.

Kek

>Oscar swords don't work. See?
>Oh. Well how about this?
>Rips Mammon's head out with his bare hands.

God damn it, now I want to see a blubbering Jagganoth in all his hairy, blobby goodness with Alison trying to console him as she's getting the bearhug of a lifetime.

So it was mostly called that 1 was the power behind the throne, will she take Mammon's key from him somehow and become the new demiurge?

>literally pic related

Why do we keep letting Ab get away with it?

T-that's just a model, not a real human nervous system, right?

>Mammon Literary rolled over for her
Oh my god he’s adorable.

Real.

>yfw that nervous system is still alive and can feel everything

Don't be fooled.
He's literally greed. He's gonna try and get her to work for him as usual, just like Mottom did.

He might be acting like this (and I agree he's adorable) but he's gone too far to simply go back. Cio didn't take the key a billion years before.It was a long time ago, but not so long. His plead to surrender simply rang on deaf ears when a devil literally walked in, having no pity for the old guy.
He might be prisoner of his own Tower, but he's also the last trap of Yre. Thieves so good they managed to get in the vault must be pretty good, so better keep 'em by your side.

Either that, or all the servants have become prey to the old dragon's greed, believing they can use the dragon's fortune to further their own goals. He might be a terrifyingly strong puppet pulled by a thousand hands of sycophants, like Om was.

Ally is still too weak to fight these guys directly.
The real deal starts when she trains up properly and finally faces the ones who aren't slave to their vices but embody them to the core, like Incubus or Solomon, or even Metatron.

You can't do this to me abbadon
this is criminal

Thanks user. He doesn't really remember a lot of stories anymore. I try anyway.

I doubt it. Mottom became trapped by her own desire for glory. Mammon traded everything he had for wealth and the power to keep it, then degraded and realized he traded his family for something he can't even use.

delet this image

no he's a cute cinnamon roll too pure for this world

But a normal girl from L.A. can plausibly kill the number 1 battlenun of the count.

Not if she can barely hold a sword for a few mins user.

Consider this: there is no such thing as a sword.

I don't get it. Can't they just use a chainsaw? We saw several of the priests had them. A sword will stick, but a chainsaw will rip his neck open.

Unless he literally cannot die because of some magic fuckery you could simply get a couple guys to cut his neck from either side to do it even quicker

I'm torn between wanting all of this to be a facade, and Allison 'slaying' the dragon by becoming its friend (and later getting to ride it into battle like a badass)

You do not need a sword to kill.
Even kindness can kill.
But if Ally's gonna use kindness to kill, she'd be competing with no. 1 battlenun of the count.

He's too apathetic to do be ridden
at best he's gonna stay there and don't fall down

Are we convinced Incubus got his key from Maya? And if so, what evidence have I missed?

>He's too apathetic to do be ridden
The idea is to break the tower he's in and motivate him to do something for his new friend

>Also, still waiting on Oscar to similarly do something to solidify himself as an irredeemable piece of shit.
Probably attempt to kill Allison when she annoys him in some way

Then Cio kills Oscar.

Charon the green demon will probably ask Mammon for his horde, Mammon will say "please wait your turn" and then when Charon refuses he gets stomped, literally.

I think he genuinely regrets what he did and his followers are folks that decided to stick around out of pity

fuck off and delete that image.

I'm not sure if he got his key from Maya, but Maya was a demiurge and held the position that Incubus holds now. The general of whatever army, I can't recall the name. The same army Meti was a part of back in her heyday.

Jagganoth also tells Incubus that his throne isn't his and Incubus gets pissed off and says something along the lines of "do you think she'll come back and take it?" and describes someone very much like Maya.

>Implying Oscar will ever die

I miss book 1 Cio

> implying Cat Master won't be the demon to kill him

>Oscar stomps on a cat for laughs
>Cat Master shreds him to pieces
I want to see it happen

>everybody suddenly wants oscar dead

I'm not arguing with it, but why the sudden change of heart Sup Forums?

>go in to try and rob the richest thing in the multiverse and kill it
>can't do it
>decide to settle down and bang some random other would-be dragonslayer instead
I like it.

Her original design had a little too much going on, especially the poofy dress. It made it hard to tell what you were looking it in some panels. She should have kept her insect limbs and huge toothsome mouth though.

I'm new to the comic, but from my POV he seems like a character who had a long history as a concept before actually doing much in the story, and most of his fans are carrying residual goodwill towards him from that. In the story itself he mostly throws allies into deathtraps, and though I'm sure they were bad people who deserved, it's not the sort of exploit that will impress new fans.

They're pre-gaming.

Abby has hinted that Oscar will really solidify himself as a Bad Dude this chapter, and we don't know if he meant the tossing allies into death traps or...

Something else.

None of these people are here out of pity, though perhaps some of them do pity the Grand Dragon.

They literally cannot escape Yre.

a really BAD MAN, you could say

They look pretty sad to see Mammon so degraded.

This user gets it. C'mon, having him truly defenseless now and the priests are the true big bad is too bland. It's too easy. Abbadon has surprised me too many times for me to accept that Mammon is truly harmless.

>Can't kill the dragon
>Can't escape the vault
>Just settle down with a qt who's never seen the sun and start homesteading
Was the real treasure, love?

We'll find out when someone doesn't apologize.

The fuck was the picture of the nervous system deleted? It wasn't gory or nsfw even, what the hell?

I don't get it either, Oscar's great, then again I love the "irredeemable asshole" trope

>The fuck was the picture of the nervous system deleted? It wasn't gory or nsfw even, what the hell?
I didn't see it, but if anons were right about it being a genuine human nervous system (presumably separated from the rest of the body) then it could qualify as gore.

Dude even with chainsaws that would be a horrible slow painful death until he most likely bled out first.

000001 is Mammon's only emissary, she's a mini-demiurge.

Even if Mammon accepts death, it doesn't make it easy to kill him, no way Oscar of all people will be able to kill Mammon.

He doesn't want to die, he just knows he deserves to be killed for what he's done. e only Demiurge we know of that truly wants to die is Jadis.

But she's not the power, she's like Mammon's hospice nurse from the way she acts towards Mammon.