What does Sup Forums think of Bionicle?

What does Sup Forums think of Bionicle?

Other urls found in this thread:

templar.com/games/mnog/Player.html
redbubble.com/people/sadrocket/works/29815068-death-grips-bionicle-toa-mata?cat_context=u-tees&grid_pos=12&p=womens-fitted-scoop&rbs=cabd2ed8-0d5a-4626-a34c-e3611fb93880&ref=shop_grid
redbubble.com/people/ruzakai/works/24639358-toa-mata?carousel_pos=27&p=womens-fitted-scoop&ref=shop_app_recommended_works&ref_id=29815068
redbubble.com/people/slavtrash/works/23113441-machintosh-plus-mata-nui?cat_context=u-tees&grid_pos=22&p=mens-graphic-t-shirt&rbs=cebf8073-66c4-481d-af33-deafde4e0ecf&ref=shop_grid
redbubble.com/people/drumasaurs/works/11939553-i-3-mata-nui?carousel_pos=29&p=womens-relaxed-fit&ref=shop_app_recommended_works&ref_id=29815068
youtube.com/watch?v=t13B0h-isTY
faberfiles.blogspot.com/search/label/Bionicle
youtube.com/watch?v=pEkcaei_nS4
redbubble.com/people/drumasaurs/works/19791157-unity-duty-destiny?p=t-shirt&style=mens
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's the best blatant toy marketing ever.

I met the original artist at a con once. He was so weirded out that someone knew his bionicle work.

they were my shit, I got over it mid-metru nui though, been meaning to read the comics, and watch the movies at least

Hero Factory or Bionicle?

Anyone who says Hero Factory has to go back.

Love it!

I know too much about bionicle. I obsessed over it enough to realize that I never really liked the series at all, just the concept of it and the potential it had for new stories.

It was fine until Metru Nui, after which the plot really went off the rails.

What a galling question.

That's true with anything

Nuvas were best boinkos.
Piraka close second binkles

Bullshit, Original toa were superior borkles. Piraka were trash.

Toykino and storykino

>forgetting the Based Metru

Reminder that Krika and Teridax did nothing wrong

Stuart Sayger was the best artist during the comics’ run. His darker, inky style meshed surprisingly well with the tone, especially during the Barraki line in 2007.

What the fuck was his problem?

Amazing

Hewkii x Macku and Jaller x Hahli for life

not canon lol

Not saying I like Hero Factory, but I think it's unfair to say it had no value or purpose.

What should i play?
BIonicle heroes or Bionicle the game

They both suck, but Heroes is definitely the better game. Heroes GBA is legit tho

Neither. They're both awful and only appeal to fans with rose-tinted glasses. Credit where it's due, at least Heroes had a lot of content and lore text for you read. Bionicle the Game is just incomplete. Corners were cut like a full-steam circle factory. You can finish Bionicle the Game in a brief afternoon even if you go in blind.

It had no value or purpose.

It was the marketing corpse of bionicle and by merely existing was a mockery to people who loved bionicle.

Play the only decent Bionicle game in existence instead.

What about the online game?
>could never figure out the online flash game when it came out.
>don't want to try now

True, but at least the figures were durable.

The first one was pretty good, the second was boring and buggy as fuck.

templar.com/games/mnog/Player.html
While it is a point-and-click, it compensates by having a good story, great atmosphere, and an art style that has surprisingly aged well.

Are you telling me you don't like the matoran living inside their god robot with the destiny of reuniting shattered planets?
>TFW all the dots began to connect once they released the map of mata nuis body
Craziest reveal that didn't make me mad ever.

You want to talk about mockeries to people who loved Bionicle, look at Bionicle G2. At least Hero Factory tried to do something different.

Bionicle G2 is an affront to god and all that is holy. Let dead things lie.

Best combined form?

You seem to have some love for hero factory. While that is disappointing, you may plead your case, if you can.

It only happened because the fans kept autistically screeching for Bionicle to come back, and when they got what they wanted they stopped giving a shit and let it die.

The community is still making cool shit.

That borkle's just mirin himself, like "damn."

>over 40 posts in
>still no lewd blonkers

>Teridax
God, what a shitty retcon. Makuta sounds so much cooler.

>not the Vahki
C'mon now

Perhaps. But I don't think the fans wanted a reboot. They just wanted more of their blokle.

Goodness me I'm jealous

EXCUSE ME

Violently Underrated

Sadly true

>Fascist robo-police corralling the techno-organic populace in the head of a giant god-robot

This is some good shit.

Is it me or does he look exactly like the chicken man from Toy Story 2?

hmmm....

Man, the promos for the Bohrok were so fuckin hype

Cool ass names and cool ass rolly niggas coming to fuck shit up

Post the tiddy Bionicle waifus. I know you have them.

I loved her design. Those fucking wings made wonders on an otherwise normal toa.

The problem was that G2 was undermarketed and super dumbed down. Like I get wanting to streamline some things what with how complex the old story got, but goddamn.

G1's plot pre-Metru isn't really that hard to follow, and shit didn't feel dumbed-down for kids either.

Why did G2 have to fuck up this much?

I wish we had gotten some "medium difficulty" sets like this as opposed to just the super-easy normal sets and the titans/vehicles.

Same reason all reboots fuck up. Relying on brand-recognition and over-simplifying for mass appeal. I can't think of any reboots did a competent job.

Battlestar Galactica

All I want is one of those shirts with the Toa Nuva that says "Nirvana" on it.

And not a shitty bootleg version; the original creator got their RedBubble suspended and I dunno if they ever publicly shared the original image.

I suspect that part of the problem is that G1 had a tone that Lego probably thinks would be out-of-step with its brand image these days. G1 took itself astonishingly seriously, and I'm not sure that's what Lego is after anymore. I mean, can you imagine lines like "where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" or "in the guard, we have a saying: 'danger is the anvil on which trust is forged'" being delivered straight-facedly okay, I know: masks in a post-Lego Movie world?

Though I admit I'm speaking groundlessly here; I didn't look too deeply into G2 at all, because a simplified reboot just didn't interest me.

>I mean, can you imagine lines like "where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" or "in the guard, we have a saying: 'danger is the anvil on which trust is forged'" being delivered straight-facedly okay, I know: masks in a post-Lego Movie world?

If they bring back Bionicle again then sure.

The writing in Ninjago's TV show was good. A kids action show that managed to strike a solid balance between humor and interesting lore/drama. If they handled Bionicle's relaunch as solidly and confidently as that, things might have been different.

"Death grips" just doesn't have the same ring to it
redbubble.com/people/sadrocket/works/29815068-death-grips-bionicle-toa-mata?cat_context=u-tees&grid_pos=12&p=womens-fitted-scoop&rbs=cabd2ed8-0d5a-4626-a34c-e3611fb93880&ref=shop_grid

>mutilating pieces

The fact that bionicle didn't show up in the lego movie was disgraceful. Bionicle (and Star Wars) saved lego from folding in the early 2000's.

I fucking love bionicle, but I will say it just wouldnt have fit in the grand scheme of things
the look of them and the pieces really had no place in the lego movie

redbubble.com/people/ruzakai/works/24639358-toa-mata?carousel_pos=27&p=womens-fitted-scoop&ref=shop_app_recommended_works&ref_id=29815068
This one is a bit clever.

I agree, but what pieces were mutilated in this build? I can't find any.

Yeah, but it's just not the same.

This one on the other hand is a bit much, but I applaud the effort:
redbubble.com/people/slavtrash/works/23113441-machintosh-plus-mata-nui?cat_context=u-tees&grid_pos=22&p=mens-graphic-t-shirt&rbs=cebf8073-66c4-481d-af33-deafde4e0ecf&ref=shop_grid

>don't talk to me or my son ever again

And this one too. Jeez, this is a weird meme rabbithole.

Axle 2s have been cut to allow bending of the elbow.

redbubble.com/people/drumasaurs/works/11939553-i-3-mata-nui?carousel_pos=29&p=womens-relaxed-fit&ref=shop_app_recommended_works&ref_id=29815068

There was no point in it appearing.
The dad being a System purist wasn't interested in them and the kid was too young to have them so having them appear shortly as a torn page from the catalog was the best thing they could do.
And hell, you don't see any TECHNIC fag bitching that there wasn't any of their stuff in the movie.

Sacrilege

You know what? That cover thumbnail made me think of Tom Scioli.

I would buy a Tom Scioli Bionicle series.

Fuck. I see it.

Disrespectful. Shameful.

>Tom Scioli
Could be very cool.

not sure if i just suck but the difficulty really spikes in the ice area

Are you sure those are axle 2 to begin with? they might be plastic threads from a weed cutter, or the lego equivalent.

Yeah, but technic wasn't a cohesive universe like bionicle.
>technic lore

disappointing the animations had no story relevance, there's some straight 1984 type shit in these
youtube.com/watch?v=t13B0h-isTY

huh? these totally had story relevance, at least to the mood and general world building.

In case anyone hasn't seen it:
faberfiles.blogspot.com/search/label/Bionicle
Blog of one of the marketing guys behind bionicle. Some interesting behind the scenes stuff.

Isn't the technic lore basically just engineering?

mind_blown.jpg

Pretty much the only "story"-driven TECHNIC stuff was the Cybermaster set that came with a CD:
youtube.com/watch?v=pEkcaei_nS4

Cybermaster was a subtheme of technic, but bionicle is also "technically" a subtheme of technic

redbubble.com/people/drumasaurs/works/19791157-unity-duty-destiny?p=t-shirt&style=mens
This one's nice and not gaudy.

>Loved these things as a kid
>Love these recent threads
>Don't remember any of the lore
What do?

Read the comics.
Youtube - there was a lot of visual storytelling.
Wiki to fill in the blanks.
Ask people here what questions you have?

If you really hate yourself, you can always read the "novels."