Why can't he find love?

No, seriously, why? He has no real friends, no long-time love interests, nothing. He's utterly, and completely alone. He likes to believe that there are people who care about him, but the truth is, all everybody cares about is how much they can milk out of him; that and nothing more. The moment he's down for the count, everyone scours away, unless he manipulates them into stepping up.

To that end, he just needs an understanding gal who'll love him. But who? What kinda of woman does Tony need, exactly?

that's Sup Forums

Thor and Cap were his friends but the character assassination that was Civil War and the following status quo fucked that shit up
Cap can still convincingly be written as his friend but the "Learn again the difference between a God of Thunder and a mortal man in a metal suit" thing permanently broke their relationship I think.

I'm still pissed that there isn't 1 character, at the very least 1, that just won't under any circumstances work with Tony because of what he did in Civil War. The term "Hitler" gets thrown around a lot but Tony was literally Hitler in that arc complete with concentration camps. There should be at least 1 guy who tells him to get fuck himself at every meeting.

Yea that would be cool. It technically got rebooted with Secret Wars though. those faggots used it as an excuse to sift any bits of continuity/character they didn't like. Rich Rider would be a good candidate.

>Richard Dicked Gamora so good she still wants him for casual hookups
>Stark couldn't get it up/finished early
The potential for this is hilarious.

The best part of the recent Nova book was Rich being completely dumbfounded about what happened since he was trapped in the cancerverse.
1/2

>"Learn again the difference between a God of Thunder and a mortal man in a metal suit" thing permanently broke their relationship I think.
I'm pretty sure they're over it now.

Just read what if annihilation reached earth. It's 100x better than this pice of shit event called Civil War

Rhodey was genuinely his friend, but he's currently dead. Bendis or Slott better bring him back soon.

>cucks him
>gets mad when Tony's in a quasi-coma and wants him to take over his company for a while
>pesters over him for not sharing tech with "muh USA"
>blames him for giving him the Sentinel Commander job during Civil War
>genuinely tries to kill him multiple times to keep the Iron Man armor
>deliberately lets him drink himself to death and tries to keep him from getting help to remain Iron Man
Yeah, "le BASED black guy", right?

>character gets free form status quo
>fucking universe ends
barvo marvel

If they brought back Superior Tony for a long time, I'd actually buy floppies again.

>>genuinely tries to kill him multiple times to keep the Iron Man armor
>>deliberately lets him drink himself to death and tries to keep him from getting help to remain Iron Man
I don't remember these

Because he is a Marvel character.

It's when Tony retired as Iron Man and gave the job to Rhodey. he started enjoying it, and while Stark tried to get himself out of the hole he had dug himself in, Rhodey can't pushing him away, insulting him, and even tried to kill him in some fits of rage while wearing the armor. He was getting addicted to the adoration of the public, that he didn't want to give the name back, and would rather Tony just drank himself to death.

Wait a minute, Ms. Marvel has actually fought against Annihilus, how does she not know what the Annihilation Wave is?

Rich had a hard life

I don't think you understand how much of a misfit Tony is in any Marvel Universe:

The Superheroes-Tony Stark is a son of privilege. Not too bad, so is Bruce Wayne. But on top of that, he was also an arms dealer on a mass scale. He has sown a lot of death and destruction by association. That line most superheroes don't want to cross? Tony lived on the other side of that partition and then eventually crawled his way to the other side. That said, since he's been party to that, it's much easier for him to slip back and do some morally grey acts for the greater good that most of his peers wouldn't be comfortable with and they sense that.

The Super Rich: Tony's high-flying lifestyle lies in contrast to how he's basically a fully armed super cop mingling with billionaires and men of influence who have likely performed some measure of skulduggery to amass their power and riches. He is treated amiably, but with suspicion and when an opportunity presents itself to throw him to the dogs, the boys at the country club would happily squirt some bbq sauce into his eye

The Super Scientists: Tony is not technically a super scientist. He is an exquisite inventor and engineer, but not a super scientist. Real Marvel super scientists just use "science" to soften the rules of their universe to do amazing feats and go on wacky quests. While he's made some TRON-esque tech before, Stark is almost unerringly analogue and his devices are nigh-mundane in function and application. Sadly, mostly due to the needs of the day, most of his inventions are just made to hurt people. Sometimes, very badly. And it comes naturally to him. His fellow scientists, who would never dream of purposefully making such devices, rely on him to do so. And they hate him for it. Reed Richards would never make you a smart tablet. Tony would. And it would be a great device, but you would instinctively remember that he makes guns too.

Regular Folk: MUH 1%! MUH PATRIARCHY! CIS-WHITE SCUM! etc.

>I hate everything about that sentence.
Me too, buddy. Me too.

It's because every writer that takes over his book feels the need to nuke his supporting cast. He used to have Bethany Cabe until she got thrown into limbo, and Rumiko was a good character too before she was killed for shock value.

Rhodey was acting like that because the armor's interface was fucking up his brain, since it was still calibrated for Tony and not him.

Yeah, I remember that too, but it always sounded like bullshit that Tony came up because he didn't want to admit his only friend wasn't a friend at all. Rhodey simply got too greedy.

Beth was a good gal. Rumiko deserves to die in a fire since that shit with Ty.

Great write-up, and nice edit.

Rumiko cheated on him though

Heh. I'm pleased with his suffering.

Civil War really fucked this character beyond repair.

Retcon, bitch. CW didn't stop Tony from being a live-action mega star in tinsel town.

Did anyone else get a raging boner from this? Anyone?

get help

I kinda hope Tom Taylor gets to do a GN about this one day, as a finale taking place in the missing eight months.

The weird part is, if Stark put his mind to it, he PROBABLY could build a way to kill Thor with relative ease.

The scary thing about Tony is he'd probably be the most effective and triumphant supervillain in the entire Marvel Universe if he decided to be, and he could do it while making obscene amounts of money.

>while making obscene amounts of money.

It's weird how Lex, Bruce, Tony, and most other supervillain/superhero CEOs don't seem to care too much about making money.

Hey, Thor. Gorr was right.

Superior Iron Man could have explored this idea if it were allowed to go on for longer than 5 minutes.