What are some of the most convoluted things in comics?

What are some of the most convoluted things in comics?

Peak 1990s Cable has every gun on the planet.

thats not convoluted at all compared to his origin

Still one of my favorite images of Cable all time. So classic 1990's. He was "strapped." Didn't matter that he would collapse under the own weight of so many firearms, and literally could not walk or function with so much on his back... he was Rambo, Schwarzenegger... etc.
Also, I do not think convoluted means what you think it means. Convoluted means complex and difficult to follow, or intricately twisted. How is this image complex or hard to follow?

how

Cable is indeed some kind of award winner as far as being convoluted, but by now pretty much every other comic is about this stupidly complex too.

Donna Troy as a whole

I swear (loudly & proudly) that Marvel has the most purposely convoluted shit in their stories just for the sake of convincing readers to buy more of their shit just to puzzle it all out. Thank GOD the internet got large enough that buying comics became outdated.

context is when he is facing Stryfe, a clone Mother Askani made if Cable died. Apocalypse got a hold of said clone baby so he can transfer his essences into the kid, but teenage Nate with his parents from the past in the bodies of future people come and stop them and Chvayre raises said clone. Since Apocalypse almost took over his body Stryfe just decided to start a cult anyway and keep the ways of Apocalypse going. Oh and he lived in Cable's mind for a few years, then tried to take over Warpath's body to which they had to kill him, to then ask Mephesto's son Blackheart to bring him back from the dead.

I wish it was that simple and controlling but the reality is the greed of he 80s and early 90s and the loss of Jim Shooter lead to a "too many cooks in the kitchen" situation where they wouldn't tell anyone "no" as long as it sold and everyone wanted their hands in an X-book ergo abomination stories like Cable's are born where the original plan was just some war torn veteran solider enhanced by the same alien tech that Apocalypse found eons ago turns into a time traveling baby of the Summers that's infected with a super virus because someone on the art team (he who can not draw feet) wanted to make call backs to Inferno and the events that happen in it.

Hawkman

*blocks your path*

>the result of mr sinister eugenic program from different reality
he's less convoluted than cable

explain

explain 2

The fact that Nate Grey, Cable and Rachel Summers are literally the same character concept recycled 3 times.

I'm sure this is incomplete...

>because someone on the art team (he who can not draw feet) wanted to make call backs to Inferno and the events that happen in it.

Rob Liefeld and Fabian Nicieza have both been vocal about never intending for Cable to be Nathan Summers.

i always assumeed he used his telekentic power to hoist such massive weapons

He was relatively straightforward in the 80s but the whole Minion/Charnel/Death's Head II/Death Wreck/Death Metal/Death's Head I thing is very dense.