Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98330299/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ifDXtaKv
imgur.com/a/411rl
youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last time:

-New pics
-More on the seasons girls, there is now a comic being drawn of them
-Time line adjustments (probably still a work in progress)
-Some Golden Girl discussion (Question: the scripts indicate that Audrey can see through villain civvies, but someone edited the wiki saying she can't see through Billy's, I don't think that's accurate)
-Moira the demon book returns
-Progress on the Venus Fly Trap script
-The script for 'I know a guy' was updated: pastebin.com/ifDXtaKv (for future scripts, consider having a pastebin account so ability to edit your pastes can be maintained rather than having to make a new link every time)
-Progress on the Trine comic
-The Lovely Ladybug answers questions in comic form on their site now
-Other stuff I didn't mention

If Artist user starts thumbing the pages of 'I know a guy' soon, then we'll have three comics actively being drawn at the same time. A record for thread productivity.

Getting this thread deleted with Moira nudes.

magi's super-deformed seasonal girls.

But I don't want papercuts there...

How old are they? Do they have cars, or do they have to get buses and trains everywhere?

Great job!
Did some sketches of the girls and some random ass wizard guy.

Basement Wizard, Britainment's resident wizard, will probably want to beat the crap out of that guy for wizard reasons.

>BW gets a visit from the Season girls
>They need help defeating a fellow wizard
>BW gets excited to be asked to go outside, pulling out his fighting gear ( just a wand and a pointy wizard hat.
>The girls correct him, saying they just want their weapons imbued with magic piercing

I guess the highlight of this century for him remains the time he and Commander Muttonchops piloted a giant farmhouse golem/mecha thing to fight a magic swamp.

I like to think the two of them have an odd friendship going on.

Little do they know that he was the weapons all along!

Something about how Spring always wears skirts in your version seems really cute.

Now I just imagine BW having to pull plastic man tier shape shifting shenanigans to try and get out on the field.

How does Marian feel about this?

I don't think Basement Wizard is under lock down, he's just always kept busy with what he considered to be boring magic.
So this is like him skipping out on work.

Now I'm imagining a magical body double that's just a pillow with a face drawn on

I think it's a school uniform.

New commission
imgur.com/a/411rl

Has some creative liberties from previous designs Bees' dick is probably not that prominent on the job, but I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Venus's costume being padded/push-up makes sense by my book.

I...I'm not sure how I feel about this...

Also did some random ass Gargoyle king. Maybe a possible villain?

I reserved the commish spot months before Bee/Venus mania, ironically. Thought the latter would fit the artist's style.

I expected it not to be everyone's cup of tea.

Oh no! He's handsome!

I'm just unsure of my feeling in regards to dom-traps. I need some time alone to really mull this over.

Oh, so he's chiseled.

>How old are they?
Probably 15/16.
>Do they have cars, or do they have to get buses and trains everywhere?
Wasn't that a joke in bubblegum crisis?

There was a thread about Sup Forums waifus during the week, alot of /coc/ content was brought up.

Some of the stuff that was drawn for it was pretty neat.

That was a cute thread.

Kek yeah, so I'm redoing the outfits for their transformed forms and there weapons as well in terms of designs.

This was a draft for page 6, but I don't like how it turned out at all and am planning to redo pages 3-6 for the updated style. Will post the revisions soon.

Yeah, the one thing I would suggest is making Fall's move to intercept the gargoyle after it has been launched by Spring's transformation so it dosen't hit the guy better paneled?

I don't really know how to describe what I mean, maybe Spring is alone when she does the transformation and fall jumps down from above already transformed to knock the launched gargoyle's trajectory away from the guy.

Sounds a lot better, also maybe we should write a script before we make the draft?

I think (no offence to the artist) that there's a lot of transitions with "frames" missing. It's more like screen shots from a moving video that individual images that form a comic book. Like, the knife throw should be pulled back and show her reeling up, then another pannel of her throwing it after it left her hand, then another with the impact.

I recommend reading Alan Moore and Scott McCloud's works on comics to him.

>(Question: the scripts indicate that Audrey can see through villain civvies, but someone edited the wiki saying she can't see through Billy's, I don't think that's accurate)
Yeah, I don't think we ever figured that she doesn't know Billy is Rocker Billy, and a couple of ideas (like Audrey trying to infiltrate Billy's "gang") revolve around her being fully aware of it.

I mean, I can give a shot with the choreography descriptions.

With page 3 you have Spring appear like in the current version, only she's alone. She pisses off the gargoyles with her quips and you have the fat one charge her, maybe he charges more like a rugby player going to tackle someone, maybe he leaps into the air and is using his wings to pick up speed. She already has her arms up and crossed as if she's bracing for impact.

When you get to page 4, the gargoyle is just about to make contact with her, either fist or teeth first. Panel two she's enveloped in her cocoon thing and the gargoyle is getting twisted in midair by the force of the shock wave.

This could be page 5.
You could show his stunned mates moving to one side and the guy in the middle of them horror struck since he's about to be the gargoyles cushion when suddenly Fall leaps down from on top of a building and either stomps the gargoyle into the ground or cleaves him in half down the middle so the two halves of him go around the guy or maybe even hit his two buddies.

Then on page 6 Spring is doing a cheer fist pump thing over how cool that all looked until Fall tells her she almost got the civilian killed.

Spring and Fall's argument gets further way with the next panel as Summer and Winter comment on it. The two remaining gargoyles have taken to the air and are about to do a counter attack when one of them finds he can't move and begins to drop like a rock right down to where Summer is waiting and smashes him into rubble.
Depending on where you're going with all this, she could just smash both of them in one go if we don't need one around to talk.

Thanks, good changes, I'll get around to revising those as soon as I finish with the new outfits.

There was an older 'dragon lady' too wasn't there?

There was!

is it me or is his eyes higher than they should be and one of his eyes are higher than other?

>Do they have cars, or do they have to get buses and trains everywhere?
Marion gave them bikes.
"You're welcome."

Overlooked that for some reason, fixed hopefully.

Though so. I should edit the page later to include a line that Audrey can see through most villain disguises, but says nothing since her experience with Iris tells her no one would believe it.

>Spring and Summer's hair

Is this "accurate"? Is the change part of their transformation (would have imagined Summer as a red-head to be honest), or is this their normal hair color?

Pretty sure it's just magi playing around with it.

I always imagined Winter being raven haired, but that might be just because of the hood.

I don't know, I can see her as an icy blonde.

So will this be the girls hair colors when human?

Spring: Blonde, green dyed?
Fall: Black or Auburn or Brown?
Summer: Red, Brown?
Winter: Blonde?

>dyed hair

pls no

It's not as if we're talking about sidecuts (glad that trend has passed) and tattoos.

Also, would it be a weird thing if they were still in school(maybe transferred in to the same school?) to the and how they wear their uniform be another aspect of character portrayal?
>lily dyes her air green
>gets sent to principle
>"Miss. Presswick, do you know the school rules about 'unnatural hair colors?'"
>"Yeah, but green is perfectly natural, there's loads of it outside the window."
>checkmate.jpg

GILF

since were at eye level with the gargoyle king the eyes should be the halfway point between the top of the skull and the chin right?

I think they should be at least late teens. If they're actually working with the government then I doubt they'd have school girls thrown into battle.

I just don't think of the uppercrust English as blonde I guess.

Summer strikes me more of a sandy blonde.

If hair colors change with the transformations, that at least keeps them from being readily recognized by anything that is aware of them that they have to go fight.

I don't think it even needs to be dyed. It can be magic for all it matters.

>I just don't think of the uppercrust English as blonde I guess.
Diana was blonde.

WIP of there alt forms.

Question for all you drawling tablet users, how good of an idea is it to purchase a refurbished one as opposed to new?

People do it all the time for things like Cintiqs and other high end tablets.

I had a thought.
If Winter wants to freeze something without using ice, then she has to look at it through the end of her staff thing.

It's like a scope almost. The staff doesn't actually freeze the object, she does, but it helps her focus enough magic through her eyes to do it.

These magical girls don't seem that British-comic-ish.

Like, shouldn't they be the kind of characters you'd find in 2000AD?

I don't know what I mean by that, but I can't think of a way to say it any other way...

Its not like 2000AD is the only British comic that has existed.

How would you go to make them more British?

Why would British characters need to be like characters in British comicbooks?

We arn't beholden to any such rules those publishers abide by.

COR BLIMEY GUVNOR, THAT WAS A BIT OF A PALAVER!

'OW 'BOUT WE GO DOWN THE CHIPPIE AFTER THIS? I'M FOOKIN STARVIN!

That's one handsome statue

We already have the gargoyle's and sort of Lily speak like that. Anyway, update on the designs.

Winter is looking kinda Supergirl-ish.

Makes me remember the Supermoms.

Too bad that turned into nothing but pinups and over bloated ideas.

The idea of Star-Striker's costume being ill-fitting would've been good for like the one issue come back/team coming out of retirement thing, and after that she should have done a redesign on it so it actually fit her.

Hey, man, Clara's proportions seem a bit crazy there.

Is it the legs? I feel like they may be too short

It looks like everything under the rib cage. The stomach is short, the hips are short, the legs, all that. The mid sections of a lot of the girls seem off on a second look.

Alright, tried fixing it

Now widen Clara's hips

Ok, made some other changes on it as well based on some feedback from /ic/.

Going to go back to some more Hampton, I tried using a new technique and I kind of need to work on it more from that figure drawing book.

Out of all the girls, Daisy is the closest to proportionate, with maybe the arms being a bit long, if that helps

Wew

Ok, well I'll just continue to do more tomorrow. I did as much as I could now.

So what's their deal?

Spoilered for gratuitous cheesecake

Ooh, you finally got her working on the motorcycle! Excellent!

And dat cheesecake, man. No wonder you spoilered this.

Why British girls? Russian girls are best.

The rooftop reading is my fave of these.

Because we don't speak Russian and the Machine Cult abducted all the interesting Russian supers.

All the ones who didn't have someone outside of the Soviet Union when it collapsed to give them an extra edge escaping those mechanical clutches anyway.

fuck off, Putin.

Give me the rundown on the machine cult.

Look up Children of the Wheel on the wiki.

They've been in business for a long time, during the 1950s when the USSR was looking to start up their own super soldier program in response to America's General Freedom, the machine cult approached them and offered to modify their super citizen recruits. And so the KGBeasts were formed.

The cult is self-serving in the long run, they play ball with anyone with cash or of personal or passing interest. You take a loan from them and they'll always come out on top.

When the USSR collapsed, the cult snatched up the bulk of the KGBeasts, a contingency plan they planted in them lets them take control or something.

Clockwork Prophet leads the organization, the only person above him is the Mechssiah, who Prophet is searching for.

Their tech is always way ahead of the curve, even by the high tech standards of the /coc/ setting. They were making functional cyborgs in the 50s, by the 2000s I'm pretty sure they've moved on to nano-machines, or some form of technology that looks more like magic. Given their favorite type of person to bring into the flock is one of the super variety, you never know what you're going to get when up against someone from the cult.

The Recluse was their poster girl during the Cold War (which was fought with supers instead of nukes), she was probably the only modified KGBeast to avoid their direct control override things, but only because of Mighty Mantis.

Zorana was also part of the KGBeasts, but she didn't have any tech built into her, so she was also able to escape them.

I'm not sure if there's a machine god they worship or not.

Imagine being on their operating table when this big thing walk over and just stands above you while all kinds of things descend from it to take you apart and put new things in you.

Might make for an interesting flashback of the Recluse's, going over how they swapped out her arms and legs.

Peak Slav.

>Why British girls?
Because Sup Forums has far too many attractive characters so we needed some ugly ones to balance it out.

What I mean is that British comics (not British writers, but the comics made for British consumption) don't really have superheroes (let alone magical girls) in the way US comics do.

Like I said, I don't know, but they just feel like American conceptions of British characters ().

>Why would British characters need to be like characters in British comicbooks?
Because American characters are like they are in American books?

Mechanic girls are pretty gud

thank you for always summing it up senpai

Is Queen Liz the best waifu?

SHE'S FUCKING GERMAN

Yes

Rude

The fact that Audrey is supposed to be kind of a science nerd and gearhead really has fallen by the wayside, hasn't it?
We should probably fix that.

Has there been all that much actual GG discussion in recent times to begin with? Other things have taken prominence.

Surprised no one has suggested any of the girls ride motorbikes yet.

There's already a /coc/ girls that rides a motorcycle.

Apparently the Queen is quite the crazy fast driver since her army trucker days in WW2, and doesn't have a license because fuck you she's the Queen.

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA

>pull up at lights
>see this
>what do?

Fixed them up a bit.

I think the last major discussion was Iron Girl and Christmas. The spotlight shifted to the Season Girls sometime after that.

I'm surprised it isn't the one thing she and Iris can bond over.