Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

So what is up with the Green Lantern powers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JQNZcBTOgt8?t=268
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no hockey mask.

What even is this?

A futile attempt to tack on some random bullshit to make the character """"unique"""" so people can't point out that April being black now it's a color swap for the sake of color swap.

They all have magical objects though.
Does it really matter, TMNT went from being mutant to aliens at one point, it's just another one of those reboot changes that will change in the next reboot.

Fan interpretation, no official design for Rise Casey yet.

Garbage

I mean TMNT always race swap and change lore.

I don't know why people getting mad at them.

only real issue I have with this new look is those fucking granny glasses.

fuck bitch where's your sex appeal.

Nope
Whoever drew this should be gassed

She's like twelve...I agree, the glasses suck...but she's like twelve...

I can’t tell if that’s a plus for you or not

yes, and?

Rate your cartoon april designs.

2012> 1987 > Movie > 2003 = new one

Little brown girls are the best.

damn lolis

It's a Negative, I see how that might be confusing.

You have to be careful. You let your guard down for a moment and they have you pinned and demanding headpats

Have we talked about the shitty character designs yet? And about whose fucking decision it was to give raphael tonfa instead of his sai?

>dude race swap
there have been like four race swaps in TMNT history that no one ever brings up

People just talk about it now because of all the SJW VS Sup Forums these days, it won't really matter ultimately.
The only real issue is the fact all of these designs suck.

The problem isn’t the race swap, it’s the craptacular designs. She sucks, the pic I saw of the turtles is a crappy redesign, and I can’t wait to see how they shit Casey up.
I’m just going to re-read my originals and hope this dies

as much as I like tonfas as a weapon, it's wrong. The turtles have set weapons. Give Splinter tonfas or if you have to, April

>The new art style seeks to distinguish the pizza-scoffing reptilian ninjas from one another, with each a different species of turtle. Raphael (voiced by Omar Miller), who will lead the Turtles in Rise, is a snapping turtle, Leonardo (Ben Schwartz) is a red eared slider (hence the red markings on his face) and Michelangelo (Brandon Mychal Smith) is a box shell turtle. Donatello (Josh Brener) is a soft shell turtle, but makes up for it by creating a series of wearable ‘battle shells’.

>Raphael will lead the Turtles

Fucking dropped

This is going to be The Raphael and Donatello Show, isn't it?

That is only if it isn't The April O'Neil Show

>The first animated African-American April O'Neil — a savvy New Yorker and first human ally of the turtles — is played by Kat Graham. There is some ambiguity about April's origins, but her portrayal in this cartoon marks a departure from depicitions in animation and live-action features. For more on April's original incarnation, click here.
>There is some ambiguity about April's origins

There's two reading of this:
1. lol black girl doesn't know her father
2. Mary Sue

So they aren’t brothers

Not just that:
>Leonardo (Ben Schwartz) is a red-eared slider who boasts "irreverent charm and a rebel heart." Weapon of choice: ōdachi sword.
>Leonardo
> "irreverent charm and a rebel heart."

>The first animated African-American April O'Neil — a savvy New Yorker and first human ally of the turtles — is played by Kat Graham. There is some ambiguity about April's origins, but her portrayal in this cartoon marks a departure from depicitions in animation and live-action features.

>Soft-shell turtle and tech hero Donatello (Josh Brener) rocks a tech-bo staff and impressive coding skills.

>Leonardo (Ben Schwartz) is a red-eared slider who boasts "irreverent charm and a rebel heart." Weapon of choice: ōdachi sword.

>Box turtle/skateboarder/artist Michelangelo (Brandon Mychal Smith) is the youngest brother — and dangerous with a kusari-fundo.

>Raphael (Omar Miller) is now the leader and oldest brother, a snapping turtle who brandishes twin tonfas as his weapons.

>Splinter (Eric Bauza) is part father figure, all sensei to the turtles.

>youngest brother
They aren’t the same species, how are they brothers?

>Give Splinter tonfas or if you have to

I actually wouldn't mind seeing that. But I doubt they have anything in mind for splinter that can salvage his new look

Adoption

>Eternal reminder

They're adopted. Making them all adopted brothers. It's hardly the worst thing wrong with this reboot

>impressive coding skills
cd code
cd ..

It’s still stupid
And I get the feeling that “It's hardly the worst thing wrong with this reboot” is going to be said a lot about this redesign

If you're a girl, the content of that reply could get you a $120k/yr salary.

because until we get some actual plot and see if the writings good enough it feels like raceswapping for virtue signalings sake. Effectivly making this the animated equivilant of racegender swapped ironman and genderswapped thor

>only real issue I have with this new look is those fucking granny glasses.

You know I thought the same thing but now I find it erotic. She wants to look mature towards everyone and not treated like a little girl. She can take it, she's a woman now, she'll take whatever you can dish at her

That's part of the erotic part

Some form of bizarre censorship so it's not so bad when April cracks a guy's head open with a baseball bat or Leo dices a guy to ribbons. They're not REAL weapons, just energy!

>It’s still stupid
They've always been adopted. Their father isn't really a rat, and I can't recall it ever being confirmed that they ever shared the same momma turtle. It's not really a stretch to reimagine them as separate species.

>And I get the feeling that “It's hardly the worst thing wrong with this reboot” is going to be said a lot about this redesign
That's fair

Did they just switch Leo and Raph's traits for no good reason? Raph would be the rebel with a heart of gold, and Leo would be boring enough that the only thing you could say about him is that he's the leader.

>Smart nerdy black girl in America

Rrright,this is pretty low, even at 12, there's a lot of ratchet and thot-like black girls at 12 and it's fucking ridiculous

I don't get it, they could've at least made her asian or maybe mexican

That's actually kind of brilliant. Hope they execute this well.

It is weird how Hispanics are such a sizeable part of the population but have nearly no presence in media.

Man, you're looking at this all wrong.
What if she's savvy but thotty in secret? Like she's a 12 year old black broad that craves fat turtle dicks, sounds kinda hot

I’m fine with the designs, I feel they will look better in motion like Gennedy’s work always are

However
>Raph is the leader
There hasn’t been a special in every single incarnation where Raph shouldn’t be leader for a reason

Leonardo BTFO of him in the movie where he becomes shredder and bullshits that he didn’t even figh him properly because he knew

Spics don't have as many oppression points as blacks.

Thank fuck, I was about to throw a fit

Fair point but they were all the same type of turtle. Maybe I shouldn’t stick on that, I probably wouldn’t if I didn’t hate the new designs so much

I'm right there with you. There's enough about this that I'm already ready to hate the show, but I'm going to try my best to wait until at least the premier before writing it off.

Have we seen Shredder's design yet? He's the one character I can think of that the art style might not shit all over.

Why is she walking around with Shad?

Just Shad doing what Shad does best.
Seriously though, Shad art of her when?

I actually kind of like the idea of them being different kinds of turtles, if the differences (like xbawks Ralf) weren't so drastic. Especially Donnie being a softshell turtle and needing to create his own armor.

>2012> 1987 > Movie > 2003
Yeah okay, I can understand that, 2003 was aesthetically pretty boring and plain Ja-
>2003 = new one
Shut your whore mouth you Heretic, the 2003 April is still better than this Moon girl look alike!

i'm calling it now. that's a girl.

That's... pretty good, actually. Except the Foot. They look less like ninja and more like those weakass heartless from KH

Shredder is the only good looking one

like a cherry on turd

That's from this short, ya dolts:

youtu.be/JQNZcBTOgt8?t=268

Yo, I was having fun making fools of them, why'd you end it prematurely?

Why they didn't make it like this!?

Sorry. My rage got the better of me.

So we don't have shredder's design yet

Damn

WHY WAS IT NOT THIS?!
IT'S PERFECT!!

never saw that short before, so thanks for making me a fool and introducing me to it

but also fuck you because now i know that it exists and is amazing and holy fuck that april is a fucking cutie

>It’s also recently been confirmed that WWE wrestler John Cena will voice new villain Baron Draxum.

>New villain confirmed
>No sign of Shredder

Pack it up, boys and girls.

Why is Shadman hanging out with Moon Girl?

Hrm..?

PERFECT

>20something year old white guy with black Loli crushing on him

Damn it, that’s my fetish.

I hope he makes her call him Shadman

this was really nice and fun to watch.

why can't we have it like this:

Leo
>stoic emo teen
>fastest and equal to raph in fighting skill. more likely to refine his techniques than try something new.
>starts with a wood practice sword and upgrades to a real one and then two as threats escalate
>bad with tech and the modern age
>butts heads with Don about tech, but respects his passion for it
>Mikey gets on his nerves, but he admires his creativity and zest for life
>Raph is his eternal friendly rival

Raph
>you know him. short fuse, angry, daredevil with a heart of gold
>physically strongest and equal to leo in fighting skill. more willing to adapt and learn
>starts with tonfa and upgrades to his sai as threats escalate
>prides physical strength over everything
>butts heads with Mikey and Don despite his admiration for their passion because thats how brothers do
>eternal rivals thing with Leo

Mikey
>wild card baby! humorous and unpredictable
>can't beat Leo or Raph in a straight fight, but if he's allowed to fight dirty he can maybe pull a win
>weapons are always the nunchuks but he has a secondary "bag of tricks" that he upgrades over the series
>best at sneaking, escapes, and confusion tactics (smoke bombs, flashbangs, caltrops, Jackie Chan prop fighting, etc.)
>loves the topside and wants to live out there and see the world
>hangs out with Don and all his topside tech. they don't see eye-to-eye all the time because they have two different mindsets but still riff off each others ideas
>just pesters the other two

Don
>the brains. strategist and tech wiz recluse. nowhere near as extroverted as his brothers
>can't beat any of his brothers in a fight at first but as more advanced tech becomes available to him, he can stand his ground against them
>classic bo staff as his main weapon but has an ever expanding arsenal of gadgets and starts to become long-range support
>keeps Raph and Leo at a distance because they don't get all the tech, Leo moreso
>close with Mikey and Splinter who encourage his tech

It's a joke about skull face. And maybe pedophilia.

If nuppg can give the girls green lantern powers why can't this.

>"lets make April O'neal black"
>o-okay, thats fine I guess. Kind of weird that we are keeping the same name even though shes a read headed scottish girl and not just making a new character instead but whatever.....
>"and give her big red hipster glasses"
>wait....
>"and big poofy pigtails"
>what?
>"and make her hair purple, all the cool girls dye their hair"
>no please. no more....
>"and giver her a magical weapon"
>please stop
>"and make her a teenager instead of a grown adult so we can do cliche highscool plotlines"
>kill me now

Also the guy in this pic is an white, extremely thin man just like Shadman who also wear similar clothes when he took pictures of himself except that he was wearing a cap and glasses

>nails in the hockey stick

It'd be the first time Donatello got focus, so that'd be nice.

The actual blood has never had anything to do with them being brothers.

The same way splinter is their father.

Carl is the only fitting picture for this post.

Brotherhood

I'm fine with her being black but change the hair to be at least close to original April's.
Give it SOMETHING to look like.

Other than "best at sneaking" and "just pesters the other two," you described 2012 mikey perfectly

Honestly I don't like it. One for a simple reason, the other more complex.

1. She's black. Yeah I'm going there. Stop it.

2. April, in my mind, works best as a self-insert for the female audience (specifically the younger female audience, the older fujos probably don't even want her there). One of the biggest things that caught my eye from the 2012 version of turtles was the backlash that happened when Irma (April's glasses-wearing chubby friend) was revealed to be a Krang Superspy and not a real character at all.
But why was there such a big backlash for such a minor character? Easy -- because she was a character most younger girls could relate to. April in the 2012 series was some weird alien-ninja-test-subject-with-superpowers who had no sense of excitement being around the turtles. It made her hard to relate to for the younger female audience, so they latched onto her best friend instead.

tl;dr - April should be a normal girl who hangs out with the turtles, not some superhero.

There was such a backlash because dudes have been wanting to bang Irma forever, and because it was a nonsense plot twist. It has nothing to do with April being weird.

ORDO XENOS DEATHWATCH KILLTEAM!

Marines! Sound off!
One! Two! Three! Four!
DEATHWATCH!
Created through mutation!
DEATHWATCH!
Live in outer space!
DEATHWATCH!
They are our salvation!
Deathwatch!
They fight for the human raaaaaaaaccee!

Marines! Sound off!
ONE!
Live by the creed of our Holy Lord!
TWO!
Defend Mankind from the Filthy Xenos Hordes!
THREE!
Always stand together no matter the scourge!
FOUR!
When all else fails, then it's TIME TO GO PURGE!

I love being in (I love bein in)
I love bein in Deathwatch.

ORDO XENOS DEATHWATCH KILLTEAM!
Marines! Sound off!
One! Town! Three! Four!
DEATHWATCH!
There are none greater!
DEATHWATCH!
Watch out for traitors!
DEATHWATCH!
They're like no others!
DEATHWATCH!
Those battle brothaaaaasssa!
One! Two! Three! Four!
ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR!
ORDO XENOS DEATHWATCH KILLTEAM! (KILLTEAM)