How come this show portrays the Titans as selfish cunts?

How come this show portrays the Titans as selfish cunts?

They not only forgot Beast Boy's birthday, but they could only think about themselves and why they hate birthdays unless it is their own.

Where they this self-centered in the original cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zbmm2MxvEpI&ab_channel=DanielDiaz
cartoonnetwork.com/teen-titans-go-opposite-titans/assets/images/models/BB_BeastGirl.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Where they this self-centered in the original cartoon?
No, they were actual characters there.

It follows the Adult Swim/Robot Chicken formula that if you ignore everything but the most surface level character traits and make them act like rude assholes then stupid people will laugh.

At least they have a personality unlike the Teen Titans in the previous adaption

Because they're kids. Kids tend to be that way.

The show is borderline sadistic and I like it.
youtube.com/watch?v=zbmm2MxvEpI&ab_channel=DanielDiaz

It would have been better if they changed the overall animation.

Was I suppose to laugh when Robin kept getting his teeth out? I mean, they are cartoons.

selfish cunts have better potential for humour

How does that explain one line of TT humor being funnier than an entire episode of TTG, exactly?

What line would that be? (and tell a child that)

Most shows don't know how to write comedies without writing the characters as unlikable, bordering sadistic, assholes because for some reason they think that's funny

Well that's just wrong

I meant in general. But if you want a specific example, the two waffles lines in TT are funnier (and more memorable for kids growing up watching each show) than basically any TTG ep, let alone the infamous one they "inspired".

A show having asshole characters or being "mean spirited" isn't a new concept and it can totally work, pic related-ish. I've seen people criticize GO! for its characters while defending Gumball but the latter's protagonist can be just as much of a fuckass as GO!Robin, but that doesn't hinder the quality of the show.

TT's humor was more "heh"worthy than kekworthy, that going-jaggedly-off-model-to-a-funny-sound thing that anime does was never really all that funny to begin with, the best it can get out of me is a chortle

And then they helped Beast Boy. Also, Raven's explanation of why birthdays are important was funny. It was a good episode.

TTG has better humor than TT.

Or what if they're both shit huh?

Who's ready for a rule63 episode?
cartoonnetwork.com/teen-titans-go-opposite-titans/assets/images/models/BB_BeastGirl.png

Seriously, bruh. I love the old Ten Titans cartoon, but TTG is a lot funnier. It's the kind of humor that stuck up pretentious dicks wouldn't laugh at because it's so "beneath" them. That's the best kind of humor.

>How come this show portrays the Titans as selfish cunts?
Is funny, It's funnier than the original Teen Titans in the same way abridged series like sailor moon abridged are better than their source material. It's good for laughs

Fuck BB. Give me R63 Raven and Starfire.

Can't see the pic in my country. Post it here.

Low tier bait.

Go back to watch SU

You're the one baiting here.

TT wasn't funny at all. You are just delusional.

You still think I'm talking about the anime gags, don't you? I'm talking about actual fucking jokes, or even better character interactions.

Recently rewatched "Deception" and I couldn't stop laughing throughout like half the episode, mainly because of Cyborg's robot duplicate. There's nothing that even comes close in TTG.

Robin, Starfire and Raven are better characters in GO!

Nothing in TT comes close to Robin vs Kid Flash

Just one question How's your other knee?