Hey Sup Forums, what's your favourite crime/serial killer comic?

Hey Sup Forums, what's your favourite crime/serial killer comic?

Actually, it is that one. I love the way he draws Gary's eyes. They are very piercing.

Also, focusing on his dad and the impact investigating the killings took in him was interesting and made the overall package feel less exploitative then, say, My Friend Dahmer.
I heard they were adapting it for a movie, but I don't know what happened with it

Dammit. I've not read it in years, but I left it at home and not my student flat. I was hoping to buy something else. Anything you can recommend that's half as good?

Hmm, if you want serial killer stuff then I'd have to think a minute. If you want a certain stylistic feel maybe.

So, this may be way off base, but this comic makes me think of of the Parker adaptations by Darwyn Cooke. Have you read those? They are absolutely excellent, and clearly a passion project from the late, great Cooke.

Yup. I fucking love Parker. Fuck it, I'll re-read those. It's been a while. Thanks, user.

I liked My Friend Dahmer

Maybe this. The part that I read seemed good. Very character driven true crime type stuff.

Seems like a lot of people do. For full disclosure, I just fucking hate Herf Backderf and think he's awful. If you see someone hating on The City, or hating on Punk Rock and Trailer Parks, it's almost certainly me. So don't let me dissuade you from your opinion.

Not serial killer stuff but Stray Bullets is my favorite crime comic.

Yeah, that's a great one. Have you read any of the new stuff? I haven't gotten to it yet.

Yeah, I have. It's good stuff but the current arc(Sunshine and Roses) is a little too long, imo. I look forward to the end of it and then hopefully a return to some other characters.

not sure if it counts but Blast is a pretty good one since its a giant build up

capote in kansas
from hell
stray toasters
violent cases

My Friend Dahmer. That and the one you posted are the only true crime comics I've ever read though.

Jesus, anyone got some motherfuckin' links to Cookes Parker series?

P.S. Are the novels any good? At this rate, I'm figuring I just buy a few of them. Man, I miss Cooke.

I second this a thousand times over

the comics are literally 1:1 adaptions writing wise. Cooke changed nothing from them in that department.

Heard this was a good series. Don't know of any English TLs, though.

Yeah, two or three of them are in Engilsh. I've got two, but missing the third. It's beside my indie shit back home, so can't really remember.

>Not knowing French nor Spanish

Tyler cross
Solo
Parker
Criminal
Near Death
The Punisher
Torpedo

The Novels are solid pulp by the late and great Donald Westlake.

Shaft: A Complicated Man, was a sleeper hit in the crime genre.

Stray Bullets is the best crime comic I've read. Lapham's other works like Silverfish, murder me dead, Young Liars and Batman are fantastic as well. Brubaker wishes he was David Lapham.
I also live Euro comics like West Coast Blues and 5 is the perfect number.

Which one was that?

its Stray Bullets