No Morrison on AC1000

>No Morrison on AC1000
>Bendis confirmed

no Busiek or S! Maggin missing is a bigger deal

They couldn’t even fucking get Busiek, who wrote one of the best Superman stories ever AND is writing two books for DC RIGHT NOW

They absolutely fucked up on Action Comics #1000, shameful display

Didn't they say more creators would be announced?

Not counting his Astro City, Busiek only wrote four good issues of Superman and plenty of thrashy issues. How is he a bigger miss that Morrison?

I doubt the rest would be big selling names. That's why they arent the forerunners of the book.

Just because Johns's run at the same time was better doesn't make Busiek's run bad.

Secret Identity > ASS

Camelot Falls > Action Comics

also if they wanted a big seller, they'd bring Loeb or Millar back for a few pages

Bendis and Johns are bigger names than Morrison and Busiek.
Johns is redefining the medium with his Doomsday Clock and Bendis is creating fresh new characters for Marvel. Meanwhile, Morrison doesn't even have any writing gigs and Busiek's Astro City finally got cancelled.

>Secret Identity > ASS
It's okay to be wrong

>Bendis
>Bigger name than Morrison
Maybe in the cancer ward

Camelot falls was shit.
>Loeb
>Relevant

Being worse than Johns at anything is an achievement in it's own right.

>No Morrison on AC1000
Good. He's written enough Superwank.

Ehh, I think Morrison is bigger than Bendis generally talking sales-wise (like Morrison could probably maintain 40k sales on Iron Man while Bendis couldn't), but Bendis's first DC work being Superman is a bigger headline and Morrison on Superman again.

Morrison isn't writing any ongoings by choice, he wanted a break from the monthly format.

>Morrison on Iron Man
I can't even imagine what that would be like and now I want to read it.

Given his father was a major figure in the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament when he was growing up, MAD and various related things would probably play a factor.

Loeb's still exclusive to Marvel.

>look mom, I posted it again!

not having Busiek or Waid is a real kicker

Get ready for Bendis to start forcing Jewish ideals and stuff into Superman. Clark will randomly wake up and think “I haven’t been a Jew for a long time”

History revisionism is fun!

>The Man Who creates Batgod
He didn’t give us enough to make up for that sin. I miss Bronze Age Batman.

Are we sure that this isn't some Hypercrisis bullshit with an IRL dictating the fate of Superman?

This could secretly be a spiritual Multiversty sequel orchestrated by Morrison.

He is a wizard after all.

Because DC knows that today's comics crowd doesn't give a shit about Morrison, or Maggin, or Busiek..they just want Tom King or Bendis.

Is there any hope the editors will stop Bendis from completely destroying Superman?

they'd should pay BKV

Well theres already a lot of Jewish stuff in there since both of his creators were. Fir example his origin is heavily inspired by Moses and his Krypton name is Hebrew for Voice of God.

Of course Bendis will go overboard with it, but its not like it wasnt there to begin with.

When was the last time he did stuff for Marvel and DC? Last I remembered was Runaways and Ultimate X-Men.

None at all, if they start he’ll whine cry and bitch until he either gets his way, or he’s banished off to help co-write Injustice or Bombshells

>*an IRL Lex Luthor

Damnit.

>Secret Identity > ASS

While I'd agree ASS is probably the best Superman story Secret Identity is far and away the best Clark Kent story, if that makes any sense.

It sucks we can't expect good stories anymore. Just crossing our fingers and hoping these assholes don't completely shit on 80+ years of history.

Honestly, I’d recommend expecting Bendis to completely shit all over, not just Superman, but DC continuity as well, this way, if it does turn out to be bad, you were expecting it and not disappointed, but if it turns out good you can still be surprised

>Superman
>80 years of history

>AC1000 will be decidedly inferior to Superman 400

Iconic Superman stories where the writer didn't get on AC1000
>For the Man who Has Everything
>Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow
>All Star Superman
>Red Son
>Superman for All Seasons
>Kingdom Come
>Whats So Funny About Truth Justice and the American Way

Big name writers in American comics who don't hate DC and whose big name could add prestige AC1000 that didn't get on.
Grant Morrison
Garth Ennis
Neil Gaiman
Warren Ellis
Frank Miller
BKV
Robert Kirkman

In addition none of the prominent comic makers from the European comic industry nor Japanese comic industry were contacted.

>Secret Identity > ASS

Yep. Ennis being left off is fucking absurd especially since he's been doing work for DC for the past several years. Morrison is even more ridiculous. Miller is the most absurd, he worked on Superman 400 and is currently working on a Superman book.

Ellis is doing work for DC right now too. I honestly don't know if DC didn't even bother asking anyone big to be on the book or if they all turned them down.

Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of creators declined since Berganza was the editor initially.

How can anyone hate Secret Identity? Fucking Morrisonfags never fail to astonish.

Yes user 80 years.
2018 - 1938 = 80

Now get off Sup Forums

>absoulte state of DC