Who was in the wrong here?

The PPG. They just finished a song about love, then proceeded to beat the shit out of this guy after he had already reverted back to his regular self. If they had to apprehend him, they could have just flown him to the nearest jail to make up for the strife he had caused earlier.

it was an insight into the nature of mckracken's later projects, like foster's where everyone is an asshole for no reason.

Even as a 7 year old, I could see that beating the shit out of a mind controlled guy was a massive douche move

My takeaway was that the clown was never brainwashed and used the whole mime thing as an excuse to be a turd. And the PPG saw through him after they fixed everything.

Wasn't he back in mime mode when he was in jail or whatever and there was some prison break or am I remembering things wrong?

Goddammit, how many times do I have to defend this?

Rainbow the clown was, as far as the Girls knew, a criminal. He had assaulted the whole of Townsville. Having no awareness of the Bleach accident which caused his transformation into Mr. Mime, they had no reason to believe that he had reformed so suddenly. When he approached the girls after the song and did his patter, they simply assumed that he was trying to get off scott-free. So they did what they do to every criminal. They beat the snot out of him.

Fortunately, it seems they mended fences, as he later appears as the entertainment for their birthday party.

none of that was his fault. I wonder if there was another story where one of the girls got possessed and after they reverted that had to pay for their alt selves crimes.

>The only place where you belong is Sing Sing!

Holy shit, Bubbles

Okay, so it makes in-universe sense. But why write it that way? Is it supposed to be funny? As a kid it just triggered me because it felt unjust.

nice fanfiction

Yeah, but did they have to break his fingers?

I heard a story about it

Cartoon Network had asked Genndy to make an episode where the problem is solved with love and fun and music (probably to attempt little girl pandering because they saw it as a litte girl show).

Genndy responded by making an episode where the problem is solved with the power of music and love... And then the bad guy still gets beat up because this isn't Strawberry Shortcake, this is Whoopass Girls 2.0.

I though it was funny. Maybe im just messed up.

This was taking things too far.

>doesn't end with Bellum smothering Sedusa with her breasts
They didn't take things far enough

Because Craig's style is stylized and over-the-top.

Maybe you're just a lil' bitch.

I liked that several seasons later she was still pissed about this.

How's he gonna wipe when he's on the JOHN

Maybe Craig just doesn't like Clowns.

The poorly regulated bleach transportation industry that ships mutagenic bleach in unprotected trucks

It's sing sing for you!

Would nu-PPG do something like this?

What's the big deal? He got out in time for the Powerpuff Girl's birthday.

>Okay, so it makes in-universe sense. But why write it that way? Is it supposed to be funny? As a kid it just triggered me because it felt unjust.

Yes. Occasionally, ridiculous injustices committed against an otherwise innocent person are played for comedy.

I unironically agree.

because it was funny you feminist altright nazi communist piece of shit

>Genndy

Obviously it was Lauren's call.

The girls, but to be fair they really had no way of knowing he was mind controlled and not just another asshole villain

There is an even better episode when they do this
>Mojo wants to babysit the girls so they have to do whatever he says
>Instead they are a nightmare
>He calls the police to turn himself (even tho so far he did nothing wrong)
>The police arrives, mojo runs to the and cufs himself thanking them
>Before they take him to jail the girls beat him up anyways even tho he has already been arrested and in police custody

tough love was kinda the opposite of that iirc

this show did a lot of subversive stuff, even though that one kind of played it straight it's more of an execution thing

Haven't watched PPG in over a decade and I still remember this ep. Fuck I was mad.

I wasn't mad here though. I thought cutting her hair was a nice, fitting punishment.

There is one. While not exactly possessed, Bubbles hit her head really hard and believed she was Mojo Jojo and started committing crime, only she was way tougher than Mojo because, y'know, super powers. The girls had to team up with Mojo to return Bubbles back to normal, and I believe Bubbles got away with it scot free.
There is also another one where the girls become addicted with some candies that the Major uses to pay them, and they hire Mojo as a mercenary to commit pre-meditated crimes, so that the girls can hand him to the police and eat more candies. After Mojo catches on and steals the candies himself the girls brutally beat him up on-fucking-screen and leave him limping inches away from death, and they get rewarded with more candy.

Genndy directed and produced that episode. Lauren wasn't involved until season 3 or 4.

different strokes I guess. as a kid I stared to root for team rocket just cause the struggle they went through got to me and I hated how smug ash got.

The PPG

THAT'S THE FUCKING JOKE YOU NUMBNUTS!

>doesn't end with Sedusa laid out on her back with her clothes torn while Bellum sits on her face and shaves her bush
FTFY

Would have been instant kino

What a madman

The biggest thing about animation is that it is written by adults. Majority of the of cartoons are funny due to the writers writing jokes they think are funny. McCracken always says this about all his work that he does what he thinks is funny.